Posting for banned users.

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
Race: SL temptress
ID: 38112
Alternate name(s): cleo_catra
temptress
seraphim

Posting for banned users.

In the past it was allowed to post on behalf of banned users as long as you took responsibility for what you posted on their behalf.

When was the rules changed so that you could only do so in the Ombusman section?

Les Ennemis asked me to post and request the war thread he made be locked.
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
sixty five kills on Ascended ;)
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Re: Posting for banned users.

Your question was answered in PM after you originally asked it there. Does this really require a topic?
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

As far as I am aware the rule about posting on behalf of banned users has never changed.

However, you did spam as a result of posting on behalf of Les.
Image ImageImageImage
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

I think you should change 'in the past' to 'in my head' because it's been the way it is for as long as I've been a mod and longer.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

You've never been allowed to, granted; but how often have people gotten away with it in the past?

Remember a certain person who was permabanned back in the day but everyone posted for him? Or Harch, who regularly had people post for him?
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Things will always slip through, but the rule states strictly forbidden.

And fact is femme broke 2 rules by posting on Les's behalf, she's lucky she got 1 warning not 2.
Image ImageImageImage
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

What he said. :-D
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

we knew there was a change sometime... thankies for digging it up, SS...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

There we go, question answered. As i said, just be glad you didn't get 2 warnings. :-D
Image ImageImageImage
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
temptress
seraphim

yes it is isn't it Clarkey seeing you responded to my posting but didn't have the curtsey to let me know it was against forum rules now.

Can I get a list of other forum users that have received a full warning for posting for others since the rule change, with out any pre warning?

IMO.. the rule needs further modification.. yes I agree posting everywhere for banned users shouldnt be allowed.. but if user is in a war or is mentioned in a thread somewhere.. then they should have the right for someone to post or respond on their behave.

In this case Les wanted his thread locked, now being banned he cant pm any mods or post himself to request it can he?
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
temptress
seraphim

The Doctor wrote:Your question was answered in PM after you originally asked it there. Does this really require a topic?

And yes, so that other forum users can be made aware of the changes and not receive full warnings unexpectedly.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

ƒëmmë ƒatalë wrote:yes it is isn't it Clarkey seeing you responded to my posting but didn't have the curtsey to let me know it was against forum rules now.

Can I get a list of other forum users that have received a full warning for posting for others since the rule change, with out any pre warning?

IMO.. the rule needs further modification.. yes I agree posting everywhere for banned users shouldnt be allowed.. but if user is in a war or is mentioned in a thread somewhere.. then they should have the right for someone to post or respond on their behave.

In this case Les wanted his thread locked, now being banned he cant pm any mods or post himself to request it can he?

If you break the rules, and you accumulate the amount of warnings which results in a ban, you lose any rights on the forum, except the right to appeal.

EDIT: Perhaps you should have a look through the rules again. Double posting is also against the rules. You can use the edit function to add more to a post if you wish.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

ƒëmmë ƒatalë wrote:Can I get a list of other forum users that have received a full warning for posting for others since the rule change, with out any pre warning?

No.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

ƒëmmë ƒatalë wrote:yes it is isn't it Clarkey seeing you responded to my posting but didn't have the curtsey to let me know it was against forum rules now.
So it's my fault? Aren't you the one that has a hyperlink to the forum rules in your signature yet you don't know what the forum rules are? #-o

ƒëmmë ƒatalë wrote:Can I get a list of other forum users that have received a full warning for posting for others since the rule change, with out any pre warning?
I know Jack and Earendil said No to this request, however I'm going to be a rebel and say YES.
[spoiler]You can get a list by asking all users yourself by sending them PMs.[/spoiler]

ƒëmmë ƒatalë wrote:IMO.. the rule needs further modification.. yes I agree posting everywhere for banned users shouldnt be allowed.. but if user is in a war or is mentioned in a thread somewhere.. then they should have the right for someone to post or respond on their behave.
First of all femme you need to understand the point of being banned on the forums for breaking rules. The point of being banned is to be punished for breaking rules, and the point of banning is inability to post on the forums that you broke the rules on. Stop singling out the war threads section. Why should a user who got banned by breaking rules be allowed to post in their war thread? They broke rules so they accept the consequences. The Ombudsman is the right place for someone to be able to post on someone elses behalf. If we allow people to post in war threads on behalf of banned users then what is the point in a user being banned?

ƒëmmë ƒatalë wrote:In this case Les wanted his thread locked, now being banned he cant pm any mods or post himself to request it can he?
But he wanted it locked because he was banned, not because of a legit reason like the war was ended! ](*,)

I think I said it before, but feel lucky you didn't get 2 warnings, because the second post you made on behalf of Les was spam. This could have been much worse for you.
Image ImageImageImage
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Hey, but guys.. what's all this 'read the rules'?
I mean.. who does that? Isn't it easier to just whine and complain about warnings you get for breaking the rules, when you get them?
At some point you might just have experience with ALL the rules. :P

Seriously though. We do not cater to the laziness of people who are not willing to read the rules, or the -clearly pre-announced- changes made to them. If you don't want to know the rules, you get your warnings 'unexpectedly'. Deal with it.

(2 steps to take from here: 1. Read the rules. / 2. Stop whining.)

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”