Arcologies & 'Megacities'

Kit-Fox
Forum Elite
Race: Tollan
ID: 0

Arcologies & 'Megacities'

Removed
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

Re: Arcologies & 'Megacities'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZVOU5bfHrM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBS6f-JVvTY

Regardless if you believe in the myth or not, i have no desire to live in a city like this: Image

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite

Removed
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

I did respond :? to reiterate what i said, i have no desire to live in a Mega-city". i like greenery and trees.

my ideal home would be a lakeside house surrounded by mountains and trees....

To understand me, i grew up in Highbury Islington, and spent 29 years living in central London. in my mid teens to late 20's i couldn't imagine living anywhere else. i had my clubs and bars, shops and anything else i wanted all with a 20 minute drive. when my brother moved out to Hampshire he said he would never live in London or any other big city again. i couldn't understand this until my Mrs fell Pregnant with our 1st boy. that got me looking at schools and whatnot, i thought to myself "no way i want my kid going to that school!". so we bought a house further out Just inside the M25. we've moved to Borehamwood since and where we are we are surrounded by greenery. looking back at my London days, though i have lots of good memory's of time spent with my friends out clubbing and whatnot and i wouldn't trade those for anything, but i could never go back to that. even my kids say they could never live in London when we go visit the family.

As for the over-population myths, even UN documents say that the population will stabilise to 8 billion by 2025 and will start to drop after that.
So anyone wants to live in a mega-city...be my guest, but i wont be one of the sheep.

Ps. i only supply links for their information, they are NOT to be taken blindly. i also do not expect anyone to believe a single thing unless their own research supports the information.

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

For UK users:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-15445092

10-16 billion by 2100?

The main problem is not necessarily population growth per se, but where that population growth happens.

Also, the idea of over-crowded or over-populated is relative to the development of the country at that time - England was considered overcrowded with a population of 6 million before the Black Death, pushing to the very margins of subsistence - now we have ten times that number.

If someone were to develop nano-technology, or completely artificial ways of growing all our nutritional needs cheaply, thus negating the need for agriculture, the planet could easily support a much larger populace at current densities....
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite

Removed

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”