another random occurance needed?

Robosheep

Sleipnir wrote:Remember the last thing that was thrown in? There was a huge uproar and it was quickly taken out again. Raid was the perfect option to bring turmoil, but it seems turmoil is not wanted.

Sometimes people need things they don't want. Like Taxes. if we didn't pay them, the country would work. Death. without it, the planet would be really, really crowded.
xcrunnermr06
Forum Grunt

Sleipnir wrote:
Galactico wrote:
Shiloh wrote:
Crisp wrote: that´s something, the top people do and u cant catch up coz u r only making 2 a turn, maybe something could be done so that it is possible to catch up, people have done it but only by hiding and waiting

What do you have agaisnt hiding and waitining? :twisted:
absolutaly nothin, i think it must be tempting though knowing u have al that power and can use it whenever u want, i saw enter the lion before he made his move for the top, he could of gone at any time e wanted, i dont knoww how he just stayed down for that long, i increase my rank whenever i can, i have gone up by 200 every day for the past 5days

I see you haven't broken the top 100 yet. Once you get to page 2, you'll find out its hard to catch up, and when you have caught up, you've got to keep up. The only way you can do that is if you're well prepared.

The only way to be sure your prepared.... 1 All fortifiaction upgrades, and seige tech. must be upgraded to the fullest level... 2 unit production, If you don't have a unit production high enough, you might be able to get there, but because your unit production might be 50 a day less or so, you won't stay there for long... 3 Defence, If your defense isn't high enough, you'll be painted by the high players, and you won't be able to keep any of the Naq you have. 4 spy level, If your spy level isn't high enough, you won't be able to see who has what, and you'll be an easy target.

I hope that helps some of you out... I'm currently working on #2, I'm working on a unit production thats over 200 right now.
Methos
Forum Newbie

I think if they take an idea from one of the other post of having to know an address and dial it to attack the planet they could have random uninhabited planets where you might bring back a disease or you might run into a non character class of enemy that might do bamage but offer no reward or you might even on rare occassions find new tchnology that isnt normally available that can be used for a limited number of turns. I actually liked the idea of raiding but didnt feel the rewards were high enough. I could go take a mil naq or raid and take 3 soldiers. It seemed laim. I think if you attack someone whoever has the battle field at the end of the fight should be able to bring back wounded to heal and enemy wounded for interogation sorry i went off topic
Saturnine
Forum Regular
Race: Goauld
ID: 9570

Re: another random occurance needed?

scben wrote:i was thinking that to get some exictment back in the game maybe we should have a "natural disastor" occur. something that will effect everyone buy lossing a certain amount of men and weapons. just something to shake the game up a little.
here is what im thinking:

for tauri and asgards: fighting the replicators has taken its toll x amount of weapons and x number of men were lost in the battle.

for gouald: the rebel jaffa have become strong and have turned many of you loyal subjects against u. u lost x number of weapons and x number of men fighting off the traitors.

for replicator: the weapon at dakara was a powerful weapon and has destroyed x number of weapons and kill x number of bots.

i don't know exactly how much should be destroyed but i think this could add a little something to the game that it is missing TURMOIL. i think that this would maybe get more people back in to attacking since attacking some people is almost impossible with the way people have built up. the game is going in to a stall again and this might bring the game out of it some until a big update is added like the ascension thing or motherships but no matter what is gonna be done i would just like to see something done to throw the game into chaos again. cause thats when the game is at its best

I'm glad the idea is being reconsidered. But I have already purposed something very similar. I purposed this to solve our problem with the game resets and to shake things up:

https://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?t=2195

Not that you stole my idea or anything, cuz people can think alike and not know it. Buit I beat you to the punch.
xcrunnermr06
Forum Grunt

they have something like that... it's called Quantum wars
Saturnine
Forum Regular
Race: Goauld
ID: 9570

Robosheep wrote:
Sleipnir wrote:Remember the last thing that was thrown in? There was a huge uproar and it was quickly taken out again. Raid was the perfect option to bring turmoil, but it seems turmoil is not wanted.

Sometimes people need things they don't want. Like Taxes. if we didn't pay them, the country would work. Death. without it, the planet would be really, really crowded.

This would make a good signature.. my man!!

But to respond to xcrunnermr06. It would be absured to think that the main server will continue onto forever without reset. There would be large spaces between the powerful and weak newbies that would be forever impossible to fill! But its also chaps my a** to think the main server will fully reset, losing months of effort.

The title is called, a compromise. You lose as much as it takes to level the boards occasionally. Nothing more nothing less. Its a solution to please both camps of people. I know pees that do not play quantum because It resets. When I played, I didnt take it very seriously for the simple fact that it resets....

Return to “Suggestions Archive”