Idea: Realm Happiness

Tekin
almost spammer

Idea: Realm Happiness

This is a throwback to an earlier era of quantum, but this notion of happiness is rather different in calculation and consequences (being an alternate reality).

An interesting twist on a future era of the game might be 'realm happiness,' as an unranked stat. When player A attacks player B, B's realm happiness is higher, some of their attack units will defect (likewise, spies may defect in covert operations). The defending player's units do not defect, not being in the realm.

For an example:

defectors = sqrt(defender's happiness/attacker's happiness) * random number on (0,0.1) * attackers

So, if the defender has twice the happiness of the attacker, attacks with 1,000,000 attackers and the random number is .05, 70,710 attack units defect. The number of defectors who successfully join the other side is a function of the defense and attack stats (if the defense creams the attackers, all of the units might make it - in the reverse, maybe they are all killed).

So, what determines happiness?

Workload - you now have a statistic similar to paying your officers which sets what percentage of time your population works. If this is set to 70%, your income will be 70% that of normal, your maximum number of available attack units will be 70% of normal, as will your covert and anti-covert. Only defense will remain the same. The lower this is, the happier your populous, but the weaker your realm. It is possible to go anywhere (in intervals of 10) from 10% to 110%, with 110% seriously crashing your happiness and making any aggressive action foolish, but helping you raise money quickly and enhancing your defense. This setting is a 24 hour commitment.

Entertainment - You have your entertainment tech (circuses for example) which automatically increase your happiness. Basically like in era 14.

Unskilled workers - the happiness of any population depends on the number of unskilled people available to cook fries and burgers. If your untrained population goes too low as a percentage of your population, happiness drops.

Success - Attacks themselves do not upset people in this militaristic world. Losing does. What percentage of your encounters have been victories lately? (this is a balancing feature - units will not defect to an inactive account which is farmed regularly and has no success to speak of).

Bailouts - Donations to the public in this era will either help you or hurt you, depending on the perceived financial status of your realm. If you are rich (in proportion to the size of the bailout), payoffs make the people happy. If you are poor, it hurts your happiness.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Idea: Realm Happiness

*likes*
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Your idea seems well thought out and interesting. It is a shame that more people do not make detailed suggestions like this one.

One of the main problems is that lot's of the suggestions posted are never read by admin!

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
ID: 0
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

=D>

Awesome! Circuses, Fries, Burgers....i LOVE how you have thought this through :)

Even if Admin never reads it (which would be criminally insane), i read it and utterly enjoyed it.

Cheers!
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**
Sadow
Forum Irregular
Alliance: ~LeafVillage~
Race: Shinigami
ID: 109002

i could play with that... :-D
"I don't enjoy killing, but when done righteously, it's just a chore, like any other." - Joshua Graham
My Trade Feedback
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

admin will certainly never see this ;)

ok - for the idea of 'workload' alone you win.
era of hedonism it is!!!!
Don't make me use this!!!
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Forum wrote:admin will certainly never see this ;)

ok - for the idea of 'workload' alone you win.
era of hedonism it is!!!!
Rockstar admin. :-D
Great. That was a good era. :D
Tekin
almost spammer

Great!
And thanks for the positive feedback, everyone.
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

"being assimilated into the defenders warm embrase of gooey happiness..."

*chuckles*
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**
arby
Forum Newbie
Alternate name(s): arbinator

top naq gainers list would be goo if you could change from naq avarage rank and cycle through the turns used, and total naq
prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG - AGL
- IAG
- TAG - PTAG -LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK[
Hermes
Forum Irregular

Juliette wrote:*likes*

agree
Join the Race of traders called the Mercor to day
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... =192246url
Veeruz
Forum Newbie
Alternate name(s): error

happiness ? so confusing ,
yes it's a good idea but will not suit for all player .

simple is a must .

Return to “General”