Romneys tax plan details

A place general forum talk, not related to ingame discussions.
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Romneys tax plan details

Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

Re: Romneys tax plan details

Wooh elections.. where everyone gets to pick the lesser of two evils. Best part is, it isn't only in the US.

Yaaaaay.. "Democracy"...
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Typical Democratic 'Oh look how bad he is' to try and make you forget how poorly this president performed so far. :-D More of the same.

It is like having a clean pig and a clean owl, tossing a bucket of oil over the owl and berating it for being oily. :roll:

Really, this election circus is a multi-billion dollar industry. What is the price of an election?
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

the price? somewhere between too much and you don't wanna know
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
~wolverine~
Forum Addict
ID: 0

wahahaha awesome
doc holliday
Forum Elite
Alliance: Unnatural Selection

Lol funny. Would be better if it were true
Spoiler
Mathlord wrote:
doc holliday wrote:just don't come off ppt :smt071 :smt043
See what doc is really saying, is his six shooters tickle...until you die from it :D
Spoiler
prsko wrote:
SSG EnterTheLion wrote: As anyone who knows me knows, I never build up planets, if I steal a good one, so be it, but I never waste naq on a planet.
So that triple planet u bought was allready built up?
Or am I twisting your words like the rest?
Psyko
The Irresistible

Juliette wrote:Typical Democratic 'Oh look how bad he is' to try and make you forget how poorly this president performed so far. :-D More of the same.

It is like having a clean pig and a clean owl, tossing a bucket of oil over the owl and berating it for being oily. :roll:

Really, this election circus is a multi-billion dollar industry. What is the price of an election?

http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/campaign-finance

I truly hate how our electoral system is so undemocratic. There are so many other parties which should be included in the debates and media coverage, but they lack the funds which would enable their participation. Just look at Johnson; he was in the Republican primary and had some (not much) media coverage, and then he suddenly disappeared from the spotlight the moment he decided to become the Libertarian candidate.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Because our votes as a whole matter right?

http://www.archives.gov/federal-registe ... ulardiffer

The electoral college can vote someone in whether we voted for them by majority or not. Electoral votes are by popular majority, but most states are winner take all. So if you vote in a winner-take-all state for candidate X, and candidate Y has majority votes; then candidate Y gets all the electoral votes and your vote becomes meaningless. I would be very surprised if we didn't see sweeping government changes in the next 100 years or so.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

[spoiler][youtube]w8KQmps-Sog[/youtube][/spoiler]

Sweeping government changes? :smt042 You would need to have reached a point where the nation is uncontrollable for those in power; and since the USA's general population (not individuals, but the blind mass of population) is powerless and spineless (because dependent on government for a backbone).. not going to happen. Not in such a short time as 100 years anyway. [-(

Nah, the world needs a Great Purge. :-k Omelets, broken eggs, things like that. Progress. Perish the weak. Might is right.
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Doesn't work on my browser, the button doesn't work.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Psyko wrote:
Juliette wrote:Typical Democratic 'Oh look how bad he is' to try and make you forget how poorly this president performed so far. :-D More of the same.

I truly hate how our electoral system is so undemocratic. There are so many other parties which should be included in the debates and media coverage, but they lack the funds which would enable their participation. Just look at Johnson; he was in the Republican primary and had some (not much) media coverage, and then he suddenly disappeared from the spotlight the moment he decided to become the Libertarian candidate.

Living in such country where you have more than ten parties running in elections, I can tell you it's not a good thing because you have to determine what amount of time each candidate should have available in the media for the campaign, and problem comes when you consider about half of these candidates will not reach 2.5% of the votes. If you give proportionally to expected results, "small" candidates will scream unfairness but on the other hand it's logical bigger candidates get bigger time because when you got a big and several medium/small candidates who are in a "coalition" against the other big candidate, you can see how the time in media is in the advantage of the coalition.
These problems, in the USA, you don't have as much as in my country. Having faced such a coalition in the last elections against the exiting president-candidate, I can tell the way it is here (multiple parties get less unequal amount in the media) is not as good as you believe it could be!
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Psyko
The Irresistible

Legendary Apophis wrote:
Psyko wrote:

Living in such country where you have more than ten parties running in elections, I can tell you it's not a good thing because you have to determine what amount of time each candidate should have available in the media for the campaign, and problem comes when you consider about half of these candidates will not reach 2.5% of the votes. If you give proportionally to expected results, "small" candidates will scream unfairness but on the other hand it's logical bigger candidates get bigger time because when you got a big and several medium/small candidates who are in a "coalition" against the other big candidate, you can see how the time in media is in the advantage of the coalition.
These problems, in the USA, you don't have as much as in my country. Having faced such a coalition in the last elections against the exiting president-candidate, I can tell the way it is here (multiple parties get less unequal amount in the media) is not as good as you believe it could be!

I'm not talking about equal coverage. I'm talking about ANY coverage. And despite having way more than 10 parties, there are 5 major parties with influence in over two-thirds of the country (Democrat, Republican, Green Party, Libertarian, Independent). More than 85% of the country this election has the ability to vote for the Green Party candidate, and I can assure you far more than 85% of citizens don't even know her name.

**Filtered** wrote:Because our votes as a whole matter right?

http://www.archives.gov/federal-registe ... ulardiffer

The electoral college can vote someone in whether we voted for them by majority or not. Electoral votes are by popular majority, but most states are winner take all. So if you vote in a winner-take-all state for candidate X, and candidate Y has majority votes; then candidate Y gets all the electoral votes and your vote becomes meaningless. I would be very surprised if we didn't see sweeping government changes in the next 100 years or so.

This is very true, but the members of the electoral college are supposed to consider the votes of the state citizens whom they represent.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

As long as you are not racist.. (so do not listen to MSNBC, they make you out to be a racist if you care about the economy..)

[spoiler][youtube]txEvoHfQH58[/youtube][/spoiler]

Return to “This, That, Those, and Them”