Increasing weapon cost

Suggest any improvements
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Re: Increasing weapon cost

4 million DMU is not alot per 1 of the strongest weapon in ascended.

Everyone whining about its going to be hard on the lil guys/small guys.

Think of how hard it will be on the big guys. I know of someone who just had 233.5 billion weapons, all bought for what like 2 quad.

People just dont want them to go up in price cause it will affect them saving DMU and selling it for naq.

Anyone dont believe me about the 233.5 bil weapons. I will be glad to have a screen made and post it on here for people to see.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Lore wrote:Then limit the number of weapons based on the number of trained planets?

Too many people use it as a banking method, as there is a lack of a bank, im quite sure there will be an uproar. Either way, limiting the amount of weapons someone can buy isn't a good path to take, free will and all....
Lore wrote:Do you understand my concern for a smaller defeated account with someone sitting on them? If it is a concern. If they can not produce enough or farm enough in 1 or 2 turns they will never be able to defend themselves. I raise this point in rebuttle to your point about weapon cost, because it is a bandaide because you will have to keep raising the prices over time to keep the same effectiveness.

I do see what you are concerned about (or at least what i think you are saying) and i hardly believe it will effect them as much as you think it will. 5x 1/5th would gut many attempts of larger players slicing down noobs, even then any noob with enough strike to warrant 500 mill + weps (which costs what? 8 trill dmu now, about what i get when i have crit on and a few bill planets as income), should be able to easily get that DMU.
Buying weapons was meant to actually cost something, like main, not seen as more of an annoyance to sell at the end of a farming run. You have to sit back and think something is wrong when you can have the amount of DMU out to weaponize your whole army, and watch as all farmers pass over your account because it's a waste of a 15 turns. Speaking of which, the expense for weapons on main works fine for noobs.

I do, however, recall someone suggesting having defence and attack personal levels reflect the cost of buying weapons. I.e higher the attack powerup the more costly the weapon (same for def and defence level). Which may be a better resolution?
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

I do not think so personally.

I find it odd you are against a bank, yet you want to protect a way to create a bank of sorts?

@ Rudy,,,,,

I do agree with you that this one single update will not effect many and not drasticly, but its still a bandaide, and what about when you have to raise the cost 10 or 20 more times since its being done to increase the effectiveness of sabbing. Incomes increasing = less effective sabbs, so its a perpetual cycle that will mean cost has to increase to keep the same effectiveness.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Main has this thing where attack weapons sell at 10% of purchase price.
That could work here too..
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict

ربهالنوع wrote:Main has this thing where attack weapons sell at 10% of purchase price.

Yea, but its people also buying alots of def weapons. Like the guy I massed cause im in war, he had the 233.5billion def weapons all for like 2 quad. But with the weapon increase it would cost him or anyone over 20quad to buy them all.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Rudy Pena wrote:
ربهالنوع wrote:Main has this thing where attack weapons sell at 10% of purchase price.
Yea, but its people also buying alots of def weapons. Like the guy I massed cause im in war, he had the 233.5billion def weapons all for like 2 quad. But with the weapon increase it would cost him or anyone over 20quad to buy them all.
I am sorry I was not clear enough. ;) I meant to say that "selling at 10% of purchase price" is a good way to make 'banking' through hoarding weapons less reasonable. :) Of course you can still do it.. but spending 20Q on weapons, only to sell them for 2Q a few days later is something most people will think twice about.
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict

ربهالنوع wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:
I am sorry I was not clear enough. ;) I meant to say that "selling at 10% of purchase price" is a good way to make 'banking' through hoarding weapons less reasonable. :) Of course you can still do it.. but spending 20Q on weapons, only to sell them for 2Q a few days later is something most people will think twice about.

Ah ok, I thought you meant just attack weapons and now def also. :(

Yes I do agree with you.

Sol, you should do this. This way people will not abuse the increase in weapons like some did before.
10% you get back if you sell both def and attack weapons.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Sol
Forum Addict

This isnt about people using weapons as banks, as i have said numerous times.
Cutting the resell value to 10% wouldnt do anything to fix the problem.

@lore, im against a whole proper banking system, if people want to buy stacks of weapons for whatever reason, including using them as a crappy bank, then they can. They can do it on main as well.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict

Sol wrote:This isnt about people using weapons as banks, as i have said numerous times.

@lore, im against a whole proper banking system, if people want to buy stacks of weapons for whatever reason, including using them as a crappy bank, then they can. They can do it on main as well.

I know, but it will fix 1 of the small problem with it.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Sol
Forum Addict

Rudy Pena wrote:
Sol wrote:This isnt about people using weapons as banks, as i have said numerous times.

I know, but it will fix 1 of the small problem with it.

What you want to do, your intentions of it, is another suggestion entirely.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

*grin* It would not fix the one you are focusing on. It would 'fix' another, although band aid-style. :)
Keep it up. We will understand what you want an answer to soon. ;)

So, once more. What is your current idea, and on what elements do you want feedback/suggestions?
[spoiler]All this questioning is to make sure our replies are unpredictable. *points at HgE* Spoilsport.[/spoiler]
pc
Fledgling Forumer

What I like about cheap weapons is .....you can use 1 weapon to farm with and have ZERO planet losses.
Now build it up and hit a bigger Def ...and now its costing a lot of planets to do the hit but sell off for the zero def ones.

Also I think there is still a rank mod when doing descended attack and would have to sell off to rank down.

I think these are the reasons why Sol wants high cost for weapons ...cost quads and loads of planets to farm and cant descend players because of rank mod?

Sol we all LOVE you :smt060
marshall
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Omega Allegiance
Race: 100m sprint
ID: 42274

pc wrote:What I like about cheap weapons is .....you can use 1 weapon to farm with and have ZERO planet losses.
Now build it up and hit a bigger Def ...and now its costing a lot of planets to do the hit but sell off for the zero def ones.

Also I think there is still a rank mod when doing descended attack and would have to sell off to rank down.

I think these are the reasons why Sol wants high cost for weapons ...cost quads and loads of planets to farm and cant descend players because of rank mod?

Sol we all LOVE you :smt060

rank mods never affected descention hits anywhos. You always went in with 100% of your TOC regardless of whether the rank mod said you were at 70% or 130% ^_^

Jedi~Tank wrote:I GOT WRECKED BY MARSHIE
Calesta
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Centurion
ID: 15208

personally weapon cost what ever it may be doesn't bother me
i purchase the extra weapons (defensively) wholely to protect against the sab
no other reason.. especially in ascended
i like the straight up fight that ascended offers all the time
i can't even remember the last time i used sab in ascended i think it is a waste of
turns that could be better used killing planets not weapons
Spoiler
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Suggestions”