DemiGod Feed?

Suggest any improvements
Sniperwax
Forum Regular
ID: 0

DemiGod Feed?

A feed for DemiGods obtained/abandoned would be awesome. Like the NG galactic activity feed. It doesn't have to show attribs. or DG name or how someone got it but perhaps just the tier maybe?

This could make the 0 DEF farming substantially less redundant and proper attacks even on NMA allies more fun for everyone. 0 DEF farming will still be a legit activity but this could add some shine to the MMORPG feel of the game and feel less like a single player game in that particular daily aspect/chore.

Alliances could theoretically forge agreements with a 1 under/1 over rule meaning that they fine tune their strike to DMU hit you once over your DEF but within 10% and once under (so you both technically have a chance at a Demi).

Less Alliance NAPS and more of these new fun for all NMA situations could really help revitalize things on ASC and who knows maybe the other servers to some degree.

Or perhaps compensation arrangement could be made should someone get a 3/4/5 *and* decide to keep it. If someone has three 4's already and gets a 3 they don't have to pay if they abandon it, etc.

Quality Demis will still be very rare but this feed could add some possibilities to the mix. Even solo players might like a feed for encouragement if nothing else. For example if I saw Loki get a T4 in feed I would want one too and possibly 0 DEF farm slightly less. I'm envious as hell like that lol.
Sol
Forum Addict

Re: DemiGod Feed?

Hmm not sure about a demi feed, I don't think it would provoke most of those things. Although if people are still attacking 0 defs to get demi-gods I'm still laughing.
Where would it be placed anyway?
I kinda like the idea of some live feed of something.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

Sol wrote:Hmm not sure about a demi feed, I don't think it would provoke most of those things. Although if people are still attacking 0 defs to get demi-gods I'm still laughing.

I think people understand at least hopefully you won't get a demi on a 0 def, maybe Godquest or assas.

It is a waste though that if you attack a proper def for chance at Demi you are probably going to get smacked into oblivion. So many Demi opportunities out there but not worth the brutal retaliation.

The NG Feeds are very cool. Think of how boring tourney would be without feeds haha. Ok bad example.
Sol
Forum Addict

Sniperwax wrote:
Sol wrote:Hmm not sure about a demi feed, I don't think it would provoke most of those things. Although if people are still attacking 0 defs to get demi-gods I'm still laughing.

I think people understand at least hopefully you won't get a demi on a 0 def, maybe Godquest or assas.

It is a waste though that if you attack a proper def for chance at Demi you are probably going to get smacked into oblivion. So many Demi opportunities out there but not worth the brutal retaliation.

The NG Feeds are very cool. Think of how boring tourney would be without feeds haha. Ok bad example.

That's why it's funny :P, people don't bother to read even though they are playing a text based game.
I'll have to check out the feeds actually, I haven't seen them.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

Sol wrote:
Sniperwax wrote:

That's why it's funny :P, people don't bother to read even though they are playing a text based game.

It just has a server activity log. Similar to the one in Quantum.
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Sol
Forum Addict

Z E R O wrote:
Sol wrote:
Sniperwax wrote:

Havent seen that either haha. Ok gimme a sec...ah I see, so it's similar to the tourny's logs...
I suppose I could make something like that, it would kill off a few battles though. I'll lag them by probably 6 hours or so.
What do you think should be on there?
Thing about demi's is they can't be stolen so you could probably put a name with tier and maybe the stat...
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

Sol wrote:
Z E R O wrote:
Sol wrote:
Sniperwax wrote:

Havent seen that either haha. Ok gimme a sec...ah I see, so it's similar to the tourny's logs...
I suppose I could make something like that, it would kill off a few battles though. I'll lag them by probably 6 hours or so.
What do you think should be on there?
Thing about demi's is they can't be stolen so you could probably put a name with tier and maybe the stat...

Well it could show the DG type as well that doesn't sound like a big deal in hindsight. There is no telling what they might stat change it to or if/when they upgrade it.

It would be really nice if the log was based on 'accepted' DGs not just offered DGs. A tier 3 is an amazing upgrade for someone with nothing better in the arsenal currently, etc. It is junk for someone with 4's and 5's already :)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Thing with 'accepted' is that it becomes essentially a free (partial) spy report.. ;)
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

Juliette wrote:Thing with 'accepted' is that it becomes essentially a free (partial) spy report.. ;)

True. But if you accept a +5% command star/-6% covert Tier 4 there is nothing in the report that suggests you are going to keep that attribute/handicap or whether you will dump the DMU into Skill 2 or Skill 3 :)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Sniperwax wrote:
Juliette wrote:Thing with 'accepted' is that it becomes essentially a free (partial) spy report.. ;)
True. But if you accept a +5% command star/-6% covert Tier 4 there is nothing in the report that suggests you are going to keep that attribute/handicap or whether you will dump the DMU into Skill 2 or Skill 3 :)
Hence partial. :P
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

Juliette wrote:
Sniperwax wrote:

Hence strategically inferior.

We can do this dance all day Juls but I should warn you. I'm a terrible dancer! Hope you like getting your toes mashed.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Sniperwax wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Sniperwax wrote:
The existence of more superior data does not make inferior data useless. As they say: "Something is better than nothing." :) By the observation of what does not exist, one can infer what exists. If any information is provided, it is as it is, information. Freely providing it is a thing to consider.
Sniperwax wrote:We can do this dance all day Juls but I should warn you. I'm a terrible dancer! Hope you like getting your toes mashed.
*grin* Bring it, mister Gere. I danced with you four years ago.. you have the skills.
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

Juliette wrote:
Sniperwax wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Sniperwax wrote:
The existence of more superior data does not make inferior data useless. As they say: "Something is better than nothing." :) By the observation of what does not exist, one can infer what exists.
Sniperwax wrote:We can do this dance all day Juls but I should warn you. I'm a terrible dancer! Hope you like getting your toes mashed.
*grin* Bring it, mister Gere. I danced with you four years ago.. you have the skills.

Who doesn't love a good existence argument? :) If you immediately know the Juliette is right then the rebuttal was cooked a long time ago.

I do actually agree with you in many ways. I like to compare your synopsis to attribute planets on the main server. If someone has obnoxiously amazing planets they merlin constantly you can kind of sort of see them during PPT. You don't see much other helpful information however.

DGs and main planets are comparable several ways actually. They aren't toooo crucial it isn't like you absolutely need them but they are very fun to have :) Anything that opens up game play options works for me really.

Return to “Suggestions”