Possible Ascended Attack bug?

~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

Possible Ascended Attack bug?

~Zoxis~ impales Heaven Seeker with 3,719,473,859 of ascended damage.
The energy absorbing power, skill, and the unique skill of energy repulsion -usable only within ones own realm, and their constitution, lessens this by 3,305,770,102 to 413,703,757 total damage taken, thereby reducing their life force and reserves by this amount.

Heaven Seeker, at the same time, hits ~Zoxis~ with 2,029,710,356 total power, while also repulsing 1,571,477,706 of ~Zoxis~'s own attack back at them, for a total of 3,601,188,062 potential damage! This, though, by the energy absorbing power and skill of ~Zoxis~, and their own constitution, reduces by 2,823,331,441 resulting in 777,856,621 total damage inflicted by Heaven Seeker on ~Zoxis~!

This damage return doesnt seem right O.o has anything been changed in regard to that? was expecting to see something in return around 400m (player has less ToC and equal defense personals)

noticed someone else is having issues with broswer crashing on attack and then seeing a ton of LF drained but no attack in logs.

I have attack in logs but this returned damage seems higher than before (just got out of war with TITANS to which i hit similar people and didnt recieve this kind of damage back)
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Re: Possible Ascended Attack bug?

~Tziki~ wrote: Heaven Seeker, at the same time, hits ~Zoxis~ with 2,029,710,356 total power, while also repulsing 1,571,477,706 of ~Zoxis~'s own attack back at them, for a total of 3,601,188,062 potential damage! This, though, by the energy absorbing power and skill of ~Zoxis~, and their own constitution, reduces by 2,823,331,441 resulting in 777,856,621 total damage inflicted by Heaven Seeker on ~Zoxis~!
Work out their TOC and it should be peachy (TOC demis are included in the calc).
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
~Tziki~
Forum Addict

Sol wrote:
~Tziki~ wrote: Heaven Seeker, at the same time, hits ~Zoxis~ with 2,029,710,356 total power, while also repulsing 1,571,477,706 of ~Zoxis~'s own attack back at them, for a total of 3,601,188,062 potential damage! This, though, by the energy absorbing power and skill of ~Zoxis~, and their own constitution, reduces by 2,823,331,441 resulting in 777,856,621 total damage inflicted by Heaven Seeker on ~Zoxis~!
Work out their TOC and it should be peachy (TOC demis are included in the calc).
i checked that (although i didnt do the math per say) but none the less it doesnt seem right, ive hit people with similar stats recently and not had the same damage return. Seems strange that id take so much more damage when my personals should lessen it to about even damage on both sides ( a 3.7b attack on me wouldnt do that much damage to me, so a 2b + 1.5b repulsed shouldnt)

if i keep doing that without refilling, id descend myself before i descent this guy (though not with new updates) and i have the higher ToC and equal defensive personals? surely thats not slightly wrong?

and as i say, this wasnt the case on other accounts ive hit with the same / similar personal levels. (i know he doesnt have demi's etc was a test hit to check new updates)

more so just wondering if anything has been changed or if his account setup seems to be rather awesome at defending much higher TOC's xD
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
Sol
Forum Addict

~Tziki~ wrote:
Sol wrote:

if i keep doing that without refilling, id descend myself before i descent this guy (though not with new updates) and i have the higher ToC and equal defensive personals? surely thats not slightly wrong?
You're required to have full LF to make another descension hit.
~Tziki~ wrote: and as i say, this wasnt the case on other accounts ive hit with the same / similar personal levels. (i know he doesnt have demi's etc was a test hit to check new updates)
The only thing that has changed against retal strikes is the defenders TOC is now what you would attack with. I suggest going through the log and do a run down of the stats i.e when it says 'This, though, by the energy absorbing power and skill of ~Zoxis~, and their own constitution,' reduce the number by your power skill and cons. (%'s should be displayed in the introspection you can use).
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
~Tziki~
Forum Addict

Sol wrote:
~Tziki~ wrote: and as i say, this wasnt the case on other accounts ive hit with the same / similar personal levels. (i know he doesnt have demi's etc was a test hit to check new updates)
The only thing that has changed against retal strikes is the defenders TOC is now what you would attack with. I suggest going through the log and do a run down of the stats i.e when it says 'This, though, by the energy absorbing power and skill of ~Zoxis~, and their own constitution,' reduce the number by your power skill and cons. (%'s should be displayed in the introspection you can use).
As opposed to before they would attack with what? this might be what has changed the amount of damage returned?

forgive me if im asking something dumb here, ive just woke up, and at that from a very strange and purplexing dream. Having difficulty grasping reality atm :P
--------
Sol
Forum Addict

~Tziki~ wrote:
Sol wrote:
As opposed to before they would attack with what? this might be what has changed the amount of damage returned?

forgive me if im asking something dumb here, ive just woke up, and at that from a very strange and purplexing dream. Having difficulty grasping reality atm :P
It was using the old value of TOC (before AJ updated TOC), I think there is a thread about that somewhere in general discussion...
It's in the updates page as well:
* To allow for consistency, the true value of TOC will be seen in battle for the defenders retalliation, as it was based on the old value.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
~Tziki~
Forum Addict

Sol wrote:
~Tziki~ wrote:
Sol wrote:

It was using the old value of TOC (before AJ updated TOC), I think there is a thread about that somewhere in general discussion...
* To allow for consistency, the true value of TOC will be seen in battle for the defenders retalliation, as it was based on the old value.

the old value was a fraction of the ToC for some behind the scenes code to work out right?

just seems strange the difference of 1.7b TOC results in me taking almost twice the damage in return xD

guess this means damage reduction defenses are even more important than before.

Thanks for clearing that up, ill probably read this in a few hours and wonder WTH was wrong with me.
--------
Sol
Forum Addict

~Tziki~ wrote:
Sol wrote:
~Tziki~ wrote:
Sol wrote:

the old value was a fraction of the ToC for some behind the scenes code to work out right?

just seems strange the difference of 1.7b TOC results in me taking almost twice the damage in return xD

guess this means damage reduction defenses are even more important than before.

Thanks for clearing that up, ill probably read this in a few hours and wonder WTH was wrong with me.
That formula for TOC is in the updates as well actually...

TOC=life force * (1+ Attack power/1000) * (1+Attack power/1000) * (1+ attack skill/1000) * (1+ Attack skill/1000)

used to be (as it was with the defender)
TOC=life force * (1+ Attack power/1000) * (1+Attack skill/1000)

So it's a fairly big jump.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sol
Forum Addict

Although the retaliation strike doesn't do much, as you can just refill whilst online...perhaps it should be changed to bring about some effect.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Hehe, this is perfect.
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

Does this make it easier to self-descend when hitting someone with a bigger TOC?

If so, what's the def vs enemy TOC ratio to avoid self descension now?
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
IFLuX
Forum Elite

Norbe wrote:Does this make it easier to self-descend when hitting someone with a bigger TOC?

Try to hit ETL and see :D . Some of us are growing ballz to try ... but no1 has grown any :( :smt021
Spoiler
mcdeadly . : i would rather eat stool from fluxes bumhole than fight alongside DDE!
Clockwork Ben Allman: Does not count if you pay for it flux, and tbh, you always 'pay' one way or another :P
anonymous :THIS should be the TAF motto..." Can't hack a war? Join TAF, just go inactive and let a couple guys carry you until the enemy gets bored!"
Loki: like i said before
Loki: denis doesnt have friends
Loki: just people he hasnt pissed off yet

[10:11:58 AM] Loki: I'm a sniper
[1:30:17 PM] Dean Bailey: tbh im not that sleep deprived
[1:30:26 PM] Dean Bailey: i had a super epic nap from 3PM till 6 PM
[1:30:52 PM] Dean Bailey: and thankfully it wasnt the kind of nap you have with TAF.

[19:59:26] Denis Oman: i never had sex with drugs
[19:59:32] Denis Oman: but i did when i was wasted as **Filtered**
[19:59:52] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Bad things happen when drunk lol
[20:00:10] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Dont get me wrong i love my son

CJO - Judgement HC
Scott form what I hear, no one in this game could beat you in an onliner, you have mad skills

[10:16 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: Flux when are you going to accept that you have potentially one friend on this game and everyone else can't stand you? It's quite sad to watch.
[10:17 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: I think the worst part is the obvious psychological issue that you maintain this facade of being better than everyone but also putting it down to accounts are what matter
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

Norbe wrote:Does this make it easier to self-descend when hitting someone with a bigger TOC?

Sol wrote: You're required to have full LF to make another descension hit.
I assume that means self-descending is impossible.
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
Sol
Forum Addict

Yes...someone is defending with a bigger offence.
And I onno, whatever it was before.

I'm not sure if the 2/5ths rule comes into play when you defend the defenders shot at you, don't have the code in front of me, but if it doesn't then you will be descended when your LF + LFR < their net attack on you.

EDIT
Alright, 2/5ths rule doesn't come into play on the defenders retal hit, to descend someone by defending against them you will need to pass two tests; your TOC+repulse must surpass the attackers LF+ 2*LFR and secondly it must also pass 2*LF + LFR (don't know why there was that check in there as LFR is always > than LF so by default it will only need to check LF+2*LFR).
Essentially you could **Filtered** **Filtered** up with a large TOC and large repulse.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Return to “Ascended Bugs Archive”