Boston

A place general forum talk, not related to ingame discussions.

Are american lives more important?

Poll ended at Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:15 pm

Yes of course we are at war.
6%
No innocent lives are the same no matter what country.
89%
Undecided due to the fact I am not American nor Middle-Eastern
6%

Total votes: 18
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

Re: Boston

Anyone who votes for any life is more important than any other is utterly stupid.
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Slightly on topic...I heard a (few) conspiracies in regards to the Boston bombings.
One of the more recent ones; CISPA managed to get through the house (with a 'substantial majority' backing it).
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22213379
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

It got through the House because of the bombing.

Like most politics and lawmaking these days, it is based on hypes and incidents.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Well, that means look forward to more stupid **Filtered** happening. Congress wants to push something that meets heavy resistance? Hell just make some bad thing happen and it will sail through!
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite
Alliance: ~Dark Dominium~
Race: ~DDE~
ID: 8675309
Alternate name(s): theDEX,Stewie Griffin,Sylar,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Dark Lunas,BANNED to keep my valid points out of the public sounds like MSNBC is running this forum

George Hazard wrote:3 times in the last five minutes.I have read you saying you are.done talking to me.

Here is a thought. Stop replying to me if you want.me.to.not.reply.to you

I am hereby deemed a troll? Lol. Have you never met me before?
Yet I thought you had superior intellect than I? Meh, you have been called out, and done with lost causes, as you are an American, if facts don't sway your fun on forums, then so be it. ](*,)

Seriously, I have only addressed you these times to let others know, even though you pretend to be smart and have points, you are a sheep, and you should do well at it. Have done so far, need I mention Jason's sheep for years, until stabbed in the back, as you put it so many times yet are still here....... Note to everyone, I don't give two craps about what he has done on this forum in the past, but do not let this cancer dissuade your open minds when so much is unfolding that is IMPORTANT.
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): theDEX,Stewie Griffin,Sylar,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Dark Lunas,BANNED to keep my valid points out of the public sounds like MSNBC is running this forum

Juliette wrote:It got through the House because of the bombing.

Like most politics and lawmaking these days, it is based on hypes and incidents.
Thank you for being actually honest and having integrity. I know you agree with certain tactics for agendas, but most of what has happened in the last 50 years just makes me wanna vomit. So when I see idiots that are supposedly so advanced in their lives, as to call ME stupid, and only troll a forum they were kicked from for exposing a "conspiricy", just makes it even more idiotic.

That is all. We are awake. Look at the poll. You lose. Free minds win. Troll or no, this is serious, as it is supposedly only a couple hours from you GH.
Londo Mollari
Lawnmower
Alliance: Serenity
Race: Jinchuriki

Right guys, enough of this. Keep it civil or I'll start issuing warnings

Also, triple posting and double posting? Use the edit post function next time

in my opinion, although the loss of life is tragic, it was by all accounts a relatively tame attack, 2 dead is nothing (that said, the death count in 9/11 was also rather small, but it was more a symbolic thing)

yes, home news is usually given more focus. No, it's not home news to Europe, but then, European culture is so similar to American culture that it is worth paying attention to (not worth endless repeating news headlines which regurgitate the same information over and over though)

The majority of people in the world read about this, thought to themselves "what a shame, but it could have been worse" and carried on with their lives.
Mordack wrote: I'd probably go gay for Benjamin Linus. He's everything I want to be.
Speaking as a Mod
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Slim87R wrote:Well, that means look forward to more stupid **Filtered** happening. Congress wants to push something that meets heavy resistance? Hell just make some bad thing happen and it will sail through!
Patriot Act required 9/11 to get enough support. There are quite a few more examples (going back all the way to Ancient Rome and way beyond), but that is not really the point of the thread, I suppose. :)
GrizzZzzly
Furling
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Bear
ID: 29003

We can all be idealists and say everyone is equally important but thats just not how it is. Of course american citizen's lives are more important than middle eastern lives. Where have you guys been. importance hinges on relevance to oneself. To the american media/people, american lives being lost is a far greater deal. How much do we do to protect people in our country compared to how much we protect people from other countries.
Spoiler
[TL]Brdavs says:
I reckon his mum gonna get him socks and stuff
time for me to step up :P
keep the childhood rolling
you know its over when you start getting underwear for christmas
I still tear up when I remember when my childhood ended like that
poof
one year legos
next year "brdavs, you`re 23 dont you think youre a bit old for legos now"
brutal I tell you
Spoiler
Mordack wrote:Personally, I am not a huge fan of life. I am of the general opinion that, from start to finish, it's painful and miserable; and that anybody that tells you differently is either trying to have sex with you or sell or you something.

Similarly, I believe that people in general are inherently flawed. Deep down, we are programmed to hurt one another; either physically or emotionally. People are naturally selfish and greedy; governed more by bestial urges than common sense or ethics. Society is a terrible thing, too. The more supposedly civilized we become, the more immorality and decadence become the main staple of our daily diet.

Before Lost concluded, my main flippant excuse for not killing myself was that I wanted to know how it ended. I will get back to you with a new one when I find it.
Spoiler
EPA BMMJ13 says:
:(
you should go eat
like 30 of them 32 oz steaks
Stanley says:
im stuffed right now
EPA BMMJ13 says:
store them in your cheeks for later
JasonJay
Forum Irregular

"Is some life more important than others?"

On a humane "let me not look like Hitler" point of view you would have to say no.

On a real view, obviously it is. Or at-least is perceived as such, and our perception defines us
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Ah, the argument that the people closer to you matter more. :)
Makes some sense.
JasonJay
Forum Irregular

Not even closer to you. There are many ways to value lives and therefore appreciate more than others. Humans were not made to see all life as equal
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite

Juliette wrote:
Slim87R wrote:Well, that means look forward to more stupid **Filtered** happening. Congress wants to push something that meets heavy resistance? Hell just make some bad thing happen and it will sail through!
Patriot Act required 9/11 to get enough support. There are quite a few more examples (going back all the way to Ancient Rome and way beyond), but that is not really the point of the thread, I suppose. :)
Now I get support. Where ya been Jules??? Little late to the party but welcome! If you would like a one on one tutorial on what is really going on I'd be happy to fill you in. Took long enough, but finally its so obvious people have to see it. I am loving the fact that TRUTH prevails!! :smt025

EDIT: Seriously, hit me up on the skypes, my ID is my emails.
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite

Londo Mollari wrote:Right guys, enough of this. Keep it civil or I'll start issuing warnings

Also, triple posting and double posting? Use the edit post function next time

in my opinion, although the loss of life is tragic, it was by all accounts a relatively tame attack, 2 dead is nothing (that said, the death count in 9/11 was also rather small, but it was more a symbolic thing)

yes, home news is usually given more focus. No, it's not home news to Europe, but then, European culture is so similar to American culture that it is worth paying attention to (not worth endless repeating news headlines which regurgitate the same information over and over though)

The majority of people in the world read about this, thought to themselves "what a shame, but it could have been worse" and carried on with their lives.
We are in debate central and no one is un-cival. Are you kidding me? If you can not refute the point in the debate then do not post, its pretty simple. And judging from the overwhelming response to one of three options, I don't see how you at ALL could see this as a mere arguement that got "out of hand". What is your basis on this? REDICULOUS. Seems like you are a facebook insider mod that turns in people with tags of #anonymous or #GMO or even #Medi4Truth......
:---) Warn away, when I protested with Anonymous on July 4th I got shot at with fingers, flipped off, so ya go right ahead and follow the herd if you must....

Return to “This, That, Those, and Them”