XBOX 360 HD SETTING.......SAMSUNG PLASMA-PSN4231

A place general forum talk, not related to ingame discussions.
War_hammer333
Forum Newbie
Race: Asgard
ID: 0

XBOX 360 HD SETTING.......SAMSUNG PLASMA-PSN4231

OK first off im not wanting to spark a debate between ps3 and 360, im only trying to get the full hd with my Samsung plasma tv-PSN4231. The only thing that sucks about this tv that I got is that there is no HDMI port. how ever it does support HD 1080 and I want to get that experience with my dvds and games.

The connecters at the back of the TV are - D-Sub, DVI, Component and the regular yellow white red (rca I think) the TV has audio in and out incase anyone wants/needs to know.

There will be a reward for the person that helps me achive the goal of playing at 1080 via the xbox HD setting. I am willing to pay around 30Trill naq. I can mix in turns aswell or untrained units.
but this reward is only for the person(s) that provide me with links to an online store where I can buy the suitable cables AND have the ability to turn on the Xboxs HD setting and play at 1080 (I will have to aqquire the parts and test them first befor I can pay up, I only say this to be on the safe side) :)

I will go into detail below this dotted line. If you wish to talk to me personally PM me and I will send you my email address or we can just chat via the PM system. or feel free to post back in the comments. up to you.

!!!!HELP ME OBI-WAN KENOBI YOU'RE MY ONLY HOPE!!!! :smt100 :smt100 :smt100
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Task:
*I want to use the HDTV setting on the Xbox 360 so I can play at HD-1080 but it says I need a HD cable to enable its HD setting.

Now Ive looked into it and they use to have Xbox component cables that would allow you to use the HD TV setting but I cant find any instore here in South Australia. This is the most viable option for me considering I don't have a HDMI port in the TV it self.

(So at this point can some one provide me with a link to a place that sells Xbox component cables online? or sell me one personally?)
(I would prefer to buy from within Australia so the postage time is not to long seeing as I live in South Australia but am willing to buy from out side Aus if the seller is legit i.e. you or someone you know has brought from them befor)

-*-*-*- (HOW EVER, if it proves absolutely impossible by all mesures to aqquire a component cable that will work/that is compatible then I may have a second option) -*-*-*-

now as of this point in my long winded text (sorry about that by the way) my second idea is as follows: either getting a cable with 2 different connections on each end HDMI male to D-sub+audio or HDMI male to DVI with audio. or buying a HDMI cable but also buying an adapter so one end of the cable can plug into either DSUB OR DVI. but I need to have audio aswell

but ive read in a few places doing this wont allow you to use the Xbox's HD setting and play at 1080. seeing as that's my goal it would be redundant of me to buy a HDMI to DUB/or DVI and have it not let me play at the 1080 setting. so long story short- Has any one used this method and have it work for them?

THANK YOU SO MUCH IF YOUR WILLING TO HELP ME :D
Regards,
War_hammer333
ID:1936659
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Re: XBOX 360 HD SETTING.......SAMSUNG PLASMA-PSN4231

DVI is your best bet, it is actually a higher bandwith than HDMI.

I suggest you shop about and for a small price you can get a DVI to HDMI cable.

e.g:

http://www.cabling4less.co.uk/category. ... tAodu28AZQ

Just read the audio bit, do you have a optical input to your TV?
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
War_hammer333
Forum Newbie

I cant find one that says optical input sorry. the DVI input has a set of red and white audio inputs next to it and the dsub has a 3.5mm audio input. ive posted 2 pictures below to help
War_hammer333
Forum Newbie

ok so the irony that has been placed on me is that after 5 weeks of looking around theres a store in marion that sells component cables. Field Marshall pm me ingame and ill set you up with some naq for helping out with finding me a link. even tho I have already got the cable tis the season to be jolly so yea pm me ingame and we can work something out
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

War_hammer333 wrote:ok so the irony that has been placed on me is that after 5 weeks of looking around theres a store in marion that sells component cables. Field Marshall pm me ingame and ill set you up with some naq for helping out with finding me a link. even tho I have already got the cable tis the season to be jolly so yea pm me ingame and we can work something out
Nah don't worry about it lol! It took me less than a minute :p

Thank you though ;)
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
War_hammer333
Forum Newbie

all good Field Marshall, lemme know if you ever want some turns or something I can help ya out :)

Return to “This, That, Those, and Them”