Tritton Kunai universial head set, highpitch noise problem

A place general forum talk, not related to ingame discussions.
War_hammer333
Forum Newbie
Race: Asgard
ID: 0

Tritton Kunai universial head set, highpitch noise problem

Hay guys and gals I got this very annoying problem with the headset I purchased, it is a Tritton Kunai universal headset. at first I returned them and got a replacement set but the same thing happens.

there a high pitched noise that is very noticeable when you record your voice using the mic and then play it back but since im on the 2nd headset after returning the old one im lead to the conclusion it must be the computer or pure bad luck in getting a 2nd bad batch.

my hardware is listed below for reference (cusom build pc)
H87-G43 gameing mother board
intel core i3
Kingston 1600 8Gb ram chip
thermaltake lite power 500watt
Geforce GTX 650ti Boost 2gb
Thermaltake Contact 21 CPU cooler
and an extra stock standard network card (I wasn't sure if I needed one with the motherboard or not so I got one any way)
Windows 8 64Bit

I can upload a video with my speaking to show the noise in the background. its a low volume noise but only shows up when using the mic, I can hear it (the noise) when I use it for xbox but its not as loud.

please walk me through the settings (if any) will help, I brought this head set for the soul purpose of doing lets play vids online for both pc (beta's, playthroughs, funny moments) as an extra segment sort of thing for my youtube channel and I REALLY would like to have this working ASAP so I will provide compensation in the form of Naq in game the faster it can be solved

thank you all
Regards,
War_hammer333
ID:1936659
Ritalin
Forum Regular
Race: Mancunion

Re: Tritton Kunai universial head set, highpitch noise probl

Done a little googling and found this

Posted on http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/107 ... ton-issues

I think I might have a solution. If there is a little switch that says Xbox-PC2/ PS3-PC1, switch it to the opposite of what it is already set as. If the sound quality of the headset gets worse, follow these steps.

1. Go to Control Panel
2. Hardware and Sound
3. Sound
4. Set the Speakers, High Definition Audio Device to the default device
and the default communication device.

Hope this helped!
War_hammer333
Forum Newbie
Race: Asgard
ID: 0

Re: Tritton Kunai universial head set, highpitch noise probl

I have tried these settings befor but unfortunately it hasn't helped, as for the switch thing there is only a little tab half the size of an iphone and the only dials on it adjust the headset volume and such, no way to definitively change it from one device to the other ie pc-xbox and vise versa :/
ID:1936659

Return to “This, That, Those, and Them”