UK Census?

Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Re: UK Census?

Kit-Fox wrote:So yeah, complete lie, just the like the lie on the front of the census form where they tell you that your data will be stored safely for 100 years.

Unfortunately, 'stored safely' does not mean 'kept private', so it's really not a lie.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite
Race: Tollan
ID: 0

Removed
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.
R8
Forum Elder
Alliance: TL Leader

really this right to privacy crap annoys me everytime people kick up a fuss about it.

and normally it is the ones whos lives are so boring or so un informative that want to protect their "privacy."

if the government wanted to know anyhting about you,which most likley they already know everysingle detail they need, they could easily tap your phone, spy on you , get existing records from elsewhere etc. hell people post all their information on facebook and all over the interenet but oh no if the government asks for it its suddenly becomes all synical.

why not look at the census as the way to get your own information accross ina manner that you want it to be understod properly, and just think that it could be useful to plan something for the future, or even at the very least school kids can use the information for their school reseacrh projects and so on, whcih i havedone in the past.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Military Experience 1,xxx,138,430,217 Ranked: 1
Naquadah Stolen 8,xxx,795,393,564,617
Juliette wrote: Cheapo. You shouldn't go for anything under $100Billion, Gohanman. ;)
Check out my greatest hit
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 0&t=151693
My 2nd greatest hit
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=188473
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

R8 wrote:really this right to privacy crap annoys me everytime people kick up a fuss about it.

and normally it is the ones whos lives are so boring or so un informative that want to protect their "privacy."

if the government wanted to know anyhting about you,which most likley they already know everysingle detail they need, they could easily tap your phone, spy on you , get existing records from elsewhere etc. hell people post all their information on facebook and all over the interenet but oh no if the government asks for it its suddenly becomes all synical.

why not look at the census as the way to get your own information accross ina manner that you want it to be understod properly, and just think that it could be useful to plan something for the future, or even at the very least school kids can use the information for their school reseacrh projects and so on, whcih i havedone in the past.

=D> =D>
Talk about stating the obvious! :razz:
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

It is a way to control the accuracy of what is known about you.
E.g. Situation: you visit a doctor. Would you rather they rely on your personal statement of medical history or upon the assessments, intakes and tests run on you by other doctors through an Electronic Patient File/Dossier?
And such situations.

Basically.
Jack
Evil Reincarnated

R8's post was retarded. So people have no right to privacy because they don't have it already? By the same logic, slaves had no right to freedom as they were already slaves. #-o
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

[BoT] Jack wrote:R8's post was retarded. So people have no right to privacy because they don't have it already? By the same logic, slaves had no right to freedom as they were already slaves. #-o

He had a point though

hell people post all their information on facebook and all over the interenet but oh no if the government asks for it its suddenly becomes all synical.

It's funny some people provide by themselves almost everything the gov would want to know. Or the employer. Or anyone who would want to know. It's like offering your life on a plate. :razz:
That's why I do provide only what I intend to tell on facebook or other sites. Just tell your friends about things, instead of posting it all over facebook/myspace/...where your employer or people like this might check too.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

[BoT] Jack wrote:R8's post was retarded. So people have no right to privacy because they don't have it already? By the same logic, slaves had no right to freedom as they were already slaves. #-o
Sidetracking; The only reason the slaves had a 'right' to freedom was because it served a political goal to give them such rights. It added a substantial figure to the Union's population. The tie-in with the humanist ideals caused the idea to take hold more strongly than hoped for.
The slaves were never powerful enough to change their own situation without outside intervention, and as such, never did have the right to a change in their situation. Their freedom was a politically motivated, undeserved gift.
Similarly a football club does not deserve to win a game if they are just not good enough. Pity victories are no victories.
If you have the strength to change your situation, you deserve change. If you do not have that strength, any change is a freebie by possessor of said power.

Within the existing framework of a central database of information I would prefer to have control over content rather than release. If people are going to know all about me at least they should have correct information.
Whether or not they should have that information at all is a completely different question, one which I believe was intended by OP.
(Incidentally, a subject we have debated before, duplicate thread?)
Jack
Evil Reincarnated

Cole wrote:

He had a point though

hell people post all their information on facebook and all over the interenet but oh no if the government asks for it its suddenly becomes all synical.

It's funny some people provide by themselves almost everything the gov would want to know. Or the employer. Or anyone who would want to know. It's like offering your life on a plate. :razz:
That's why I do provide only what I intend to tell on facebook or other sites. Just tell your friends about things, instead of posting it all over facebook/myspace/...where your employer or people like this might check too.

While Facebook may be fairly popular, the whole world doesn't use it. I do not provide my personal information. From my Facebook profile you can gleam that I live in a small ass town called Bastrop in the Heart of Texas, that I'm 24 and originally from Austin. Yes, some people put their whole life's story up on the internet for the whole world to see. Those people are fools.
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite

Removed
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.
Jack
Evil Reincarnated

Because you can be **Filtered** over if you don't, even when you were perfectly in the right. People tend to say stupid **Filtered** that can easily be used against them. It's always best to seek counsel prior to speaking with the police when there is a possibility of what you saying coming back to bite you in the ass. Not all cops are **Filtered** wads, but a lot of them are.
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite

Removed
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

Sorry it's taken me so long to post again and expand on my OP in this thread.

The census on the one hand is good because it allows the Govt to collect information about areas and allocate resources where needed. IE, area A might have many more pensioners than area B and therefore needs to budget accordingly, while Area C has had a large number of births this year so will need to plan for schools places in the coming years. while area X has a large number of potholes and road hazards and needs funding to correct this etc etc etc...

However, we all know that Govt will not only use the information for budget and resource allocation-and has been stated enough here already-MANY people feel this is an invasion of their privacy (i certainly feel this is an invasion of my privacy) especially since we are not being given a choice whether we want to participate or not...unless you can spare a grand of course, in which case you can bin the form and pay up.

Well, that's my expansion of my OP...

PS, i agree fully with KF and Jack.

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

[BoT] Jack wrote:Because you can be **Filtered** over if you don't, even when you were perfectly in the right. People tend to say stupid **Filtered** that can easily be used against them. It's always best to seek counsel prior to speaking with the police when there is a possibility of what you saying coming back to bite you in the ass. Not all cops are **Filtered** wads, but a lot of them are.
All lawyers are, though. Getting legal counsel is even more stupid. Become legal counsel, and get yourself some good money from the **Filtered** who get themselves arrested.
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite

Removed
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”