So bored...

Blank
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

Re: So bored...

Neimenljivi wrote:Blank don't insult people's spelling or misuse of language. Remember, not all of us are native Englishmen/Englishwomen so English is often a secondary language to a big percentage of forum users.

PS: Especially don't do it as you also make grammar mistakes (ie. the relative pronoun "that" in your post concerning new account's owner is, while not completely wrong, still the most unsuitable choice as the sentence following it could be either defining or non-defining, which is why you would be better off using the relative pronoun "which", as relative pronoun "that" can not be used in defining sentences, while relative pronoun "which" can be used in both cases. If you had been going for a defining sentence, however, which I believe would be even more wrong as it does not really define the subject of talk and going for non-defining sentence would be a much better choice, meaning you would have to had used a relative pronoun "which" and put it in commas, you would have been better off to have omitted the relative pronoun as it can be omitted in this particular case).

~Jack

Give me proof that English is not his first language and I will retract my statement. Until then, be quiet about that. As for your concern about relative pronouns, whatever bro but it looked alright to me. If you want to go all moderator on me then report the post. I don't particularly care to be honest.

On a further note though, I have a lot of respect for how people command their use of the English language, especially those who use it as a second language and demonstrate such capable abilities with it. You particularly. I find it amusing that people from outside of the UK often put people from the UK to shame where English is concerned, which is a sad reflection of our abysmal education system.

Have a wonderful day.

Edit - thanks though - I did a little test - http://bio-text.com/ThatWhichTest.html#anchor510798

I got 3 out of 4 so I will hold my hand up and admit that I need to brush up on my grammar. Been a long time since I was at school. Now, where's my walking stick.
EAT THE WATERMELON
Forum Irregular
Alternate name(s): jesus

Blank wrote:
Neimenljivi wrote:Blank don't insult people's spelling or misuse of language. Remember, not all of us are native Englishmen/Englishwomen so English is often a secondary language to a big percentage of forum users.

PS: Especially don't do it as you also make grammar mistakes (ie. the relative pronoun "that" in your post concerning new account's owner is, while not completely wrong, still the most unsuitable choice as the sentence following it could be either defining or non-defining, which is why you would be better off using the relative pronoun "which", as relative pronoun "that" can not be used in defining sentences, while relative pronoun "which" can be used in both cases. If you had been going for a defining sentence, however, which I believe would be even more wrong as it does not really define the subject of talk and going for non-defining sentence would be a much better choice, meaning you would have to had used a relative pronoun "which" and put it in commas, you would have been better off to have omitted the relative pronoun as it can be omitted in this particular case).

~Jack

Give me proof that English is not his first language and I will retract my statement. Until then, be quiet about that. As for your concern about relative pronouns, whatever bro but it looked alright to me. If you want to go all moderator on me then report the post. I don't particularly care to be honest.

On a further note though, I have a lot of respect for how people command their use of the English language, especially those who use it as a second language and demonstrate such capable abilities with it. You particularly. I find it amusing that people from outside of the UK often put people from the UK to shame where English is concerned, which is a sad reflection of our abysmal education system.

Have a wonderful day.

Edit - thanks though - I did a little test - http://bio-text.com/ThatWhichTest.html#anchor510798

I got 3 out of 4 so I will hold my hand up and admit that I need to brush up on my grammar. Been a long time since I was at school. Now, where's my walking stick.

i am american but what gives you the right to be god, kiss my bad spelling ass
quotes
SSG EnterTheLion wrote:
PS: Eat the watermelon- all I can say is ](*,)
MEZZANINE wrote:Saw a comedian the other day, he said there are now condoms with anesthetic on the inside to numb a man and make him last longer, but he found a better use, put them on inside out and you never have to wake your misses up when you get home drunk and fancy a bit :smt043

Oh wait.. I mis-read the topic, thought you said entering in the night lol
Jedi~Tank wrote:If you tards spent as much time moding these forums as you do arguing with players over ingame **Filtered** this might be ok one day..my guy got **Filtered** over, I dont care what the reason is we want it corrected, no need to come in and spam yet ANOTHER thread with an argument on someone else's behalf, and take your warning and shove it up your ass. ;)
old siggies
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

Proof in the pudding there pal ;) English is your first language and you fail miserably at it. Use your spell checker as Mr Blank points out. It takes only a matter of seconds and will absolutely improve not just others' ability to understand you but also your credibility as someone ever trying to put forward a point.

It's not difficult.
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Well I can not comment on whether English is his first language or not since I do not know, but I really get annoyed when I see how people make fun out of someone else's language or spelling. It might be the result of insufficient grammar knowledge and/or laziness and/or dyslexia, which is a terrible disease and no one would want to have it. If laziness is the reason why one's spelling is unreadable, then, I wouldn't go as far as saying very acceptable, but it is definitely not unacceptable to mock that person, however until you aren't absolutely sure which of the reasons is the cause for such spelling nobody has the right to mock or ridicule that person. If you happen to ridicule one's spelling and it turns out that he or she has dyslexia.. Well I'm pretty sure he or she would be hurt by it, at least in most cases.

I do find it amusing, for instance, that Americans have the "Spelling Bee" contests. In Slovenia we do not have any spelling contests and all of us have aced spelling in probably 2nd or 3rd grade of primary school already lol.
Thanks for the compliment :) These forums have had a big role in my English learning process as I started the game when I was 12, I believe, and suffice to say my English was nowhere near the level of English the big majority of other forum users spoke, now, 6 years later, I can, not only be understood, but also help improve other people's English which I think is very nice.

EDIT: Now I know about his English, but yeah, the rest is still valid.. Although I do believe the latest post answered the question about which of the three reasons is it..

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
EAT THE WATERMELON
Forum Irregular

General Riviera wrote:Proof in the pudding there pal ;) English is your first language and you fail miserably at it. Use your spell checker as Mr Blank points out. It takes only a matter of seconds and will absolutely improve not just others' ability to understand you but also your credibility as someone ever trying to put forward a point.

It's not difficult.

you can kiss my bad spelling ass too
quotes
SSG EnterTheLion wrote:
MEZZANINE wrote:Saw a comedian the other day, he said there are now condoms with anesthetic on the inside to numb a man and make him last longer, but he found a better use, put them on inside out and you never have to wake your misses up when you get home drunk and fancy a bit :smt043

Jedi~Tank wrote:If you tards spent as much time moding these forums as you do arguing with players over ingame **Filtered** this might be ok one day..my guy got **Filtered** over, I dont care what the reason is we want it corrected, no need to come in and spam yet ANOTHER thread with an argument on someone else's behalf, and take your warning and shove it up your ass. ;)
old siggies
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

Happily. Bare it all for me.
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
EAT THE WATERMELON
Forum Irregular

General Riviera wrote:Happily. Bare it all for me.

lol =D> well said
quotes
SSG EnterTheLion wrote:

old siggies

Return to “General”