APP 5month wait bug

Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Re: APP 5month wait bug

Xiaoli wrote:Problem is, i am not sure what has caused this, because i don't go click my convert button every week just to see if it is working properly. I just did it after i converted turn last week, to see if it affected me.

I get this: You have used all your power to convert the maximal amount of life force (100 trill) on October 23rd at 06:32:03 AM gametime you can convert to life force again March 22nd at 06:32:03 AM gametime

Like i said i ascended on the 23rd, and certainly did not convert 100trill LF. I converted to turns last week with no problem.

ID= 5177 incase you need it.

Turns last week, yeah no problem, that was when it was running on a different time so everyone got a blank slate for turns (not LF).
Now if you converted turns on the 23rd then that would have forced the 5 months on the LF as well.
If you did neither around that time, (didn't reach the cap when you converted LF or didnt convert turns) then we have a problem.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Achernar
Forum Grunt
Race: twagras
ID: 1989627
Alternate name(s): Achernar
EZE
ertyuio

So I am screwed? Can you please give me a straight response? Or look into it?
Sol
Forum Addict

ertyuio wrote:So I am screwed? Can you please give me a straight response? Or look into it?

I wouldn't say screwed, if what you're saying is true then it was no bug. Although if you expect to live off your APP then I'll be laughing.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Xiaoli
Forum Newbie
Alternate name(s): KayKay

Sol wrote:
Xiaoli wrote:Problem is, i am not sure what has caused this, because i don't go click my convert button every week just to see if it is working properly. I just did it after i converted turn last week, to see if it affected me.

I get this: You have used all your power to convert the maximal amount of life force (100 trill) on October 23rd at 06:32:03 AM gametime you can convert to life force again March 22nd at 06:32:03 AM gametime

Like i said i ascended on the 23rd, and certainly did not convert 100trill LF. I converted to turns last week with no problem.

Turns last week, yeah no problem, that was when it was running on a different time so everyone got a blank slate for turns (not LF).
Now if you converted turns on the 23rd then that would have forced the 5 months on the LF as well.
If you did neither around that time, (didn't reach the cap when you converted LF or didnt convert turns) then we have a problem.

I checked it again for you, and i apparently ascended on the 16th. So a turn convert would then be the logically thing that happened on the 23rd.

Either way, i am very active in ascended and i love to play it. If a petty 4k turn convert on the 23rd would stop me from using my 240mill APP next week then that would just be really sad tbh.
I think this is the problem most people have Sol, i never knew this and as far as i know nobody was aware of the fact that converting turns used to stop you from using APP for LF also for 5 months. Because then we would have never done it. I really hope you can lend us a hand in this situation, because 5 months is a long time.

ID= 5177
Achernar
Forum Grunt
EZE
ertyuio

In (this thread) you fixed the same problem for wardyward. When I asked for the same treatment, you said you were too busy. I guess you don't owe me anything, but when you do something for one player and not another it seems a little like favoritism. I have asked nicely, I have been patient, I have tried to explain rationally. Now you're just laughing at me for the bug that I fell victim to which you have fixed for some, but not others. Please give me a rational explanation why this should seem fair to anyone.
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

Xiaoli wrote:I think this is the problem most people have Sol, i never knew this and as far as i know nobody was aware of the fact that converting turns used to stop you from using APP for LF also for 5 months.

actually its been brought up on here several times now, I made that mistake early on when these options first came into being..

but yeah as I said before Sol, it needed to be explained clearer on the ascended account itself :)
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Sol
Forum Addict

Xiaoli wrote:
Sol wrote:

I checked it again for you, and i apparently ascended on the 16th. So a turn convert would then be the logically thing that happened on the 23rd.

Either way, i am very active in ascended and i love to play it. If a petty 4k turn convert on the 23rd would stop me from using my 240mill APP next week then that would just be really sad tbh.
I think this is the problem most people have Sol, i never knew this and as far as i know nobody was aware of the fact that converting turns used to stop you from using APP for LF also for 5 months. Because then we would have never done it. I really hope you can lend us a hand in this situation, because 5 months is a long time.

ID= 5177

If you're very active on ascended and love to play it then not having the ability to convert your APP presently, shouldn't really be an issue, which is exactly what the cap was for.
It was all explained in the little APP box, although poorly I may add (it was still there though :P ).

I'm altering the situation soon so hold your nuts.

@ertyuio, I believe wards was an actual bug :-k, and I was indeed busy, even now. I have to traverse 300 odd km's between houses, long drive. As I said above anyway, I'll change it shortly to lower the time and conversion, just waiting for this forum mess to clear up. Apparently I'm green now.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
SVaRuN
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Roman

I do not believe that to be a good idea SoL

1. people have already used the massive ascensions and APP to boost their ascended account ( meaning now you are saying sure it was ok for them but for the rest of you..."You Shall Not Pass")

2. Ability to be able to catch up if you work hard should always be there, with this in place you are taking that away

3. In ascended you can only progress as much as you have ATs. So no matter how much you wish to bust your balls on ascended you cannot use up more ATs that you are making, the option of sacrificing your main and bust your ass their as well for ascended account was an option to do more about that

Changing rules so drastically imo is a very bad idea. (If I get this right and you are planning on limiting people on max 20 trills of APP -> LF conversion per month)

Not that I will change you mind, since I am just another bum "crying you a river" anyway
Quae caret ora cruore nostro?
Xiaoli
Forum Newbie

This must be a joke, even if you would change it soon, i have 85trill LF waiting, wich would mean i would have to wait ANOTHER 2months longer to be able to use my APP. Not to mention that ascending even more would put me into years, before i can use the APP.

I will wait what will happen, but it doesn't seem like there is any good scenario for me out there.

- 20 trill LF max, means i wait even longer then to just let this 'bug' sit itself out
- Doing nothing, i will have to wait till march, for a mere 4k turns.

I don't understand what is wrong with 100 trill cap, and let the turns be completely something else. Or are we just waiting for someone to suggest that they can't be bothered to spend those 4k extra AT every 2 weeks either, so it has to change to keep the balance?

I read up on the issue with Wardyward, and you can just shoot me. It is exactly the same issue as everyone else has. He converted to turns once, and is locked out of converting APP to LF.
Achernar
Forum Grunt
EZE
ertyuio

I tend to agree with you, Xiaoli. I can't tell what the actual difference is between what happened to wardyward and myself. However, since Sol has graced me with an actual response, I'm done worrying about it. Either it will get fixed or it will just happen whenever it happens. I will positively never convert for turns until I am done ascending, which means as a new player it will take me longer to catch up to the big guys because my farming is limited to natural turn regen instead of being able to convert turns, then LF after two weeks and alternate between the two until I hit the cap. That is how I assumed it would work if I converted. Oh well. I'm not losing anything, just having to slow it down. Thanks for responding Sol, even if its not the response I expected. I'll stop asking about it.
Sol
Forum Addict

Xiaoli wrote:I don't understand what is wrong with 100 trill cap, and let the turns be completely something else.

The turns and LF are running on a different time, it's what I have been saying.
They weren't before, but now are. No bug. Shall I reiterate?

Well you could have 3 months less waiting for some of your APP.

Either way, ascended isn't about APP. Far from it. You didn't loose it, it's still there. And you will get far far more than quite a few previous ascenders got for their app.

@ertyuio, apologies for the lack of flashing lights on the warning (and poorly written text) beforehand for the APP conversion text, but that's how it went.

If there is a better solution I'll probably implement (there is always that thread open to suggestions).
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Well this puts a kink in my plans, I now have to ascend to avoid hitting that 20 Tril cap before that rule is implemented. I really wanted to attempt 20 or so 99 Tril ascensions.... :(
Xiaoli
Forum Newbie

Sol wrote:

Sometimes i feel like you don't take the time to properly read my post. Everyone gets by now it is not a bug, but you fix it for some and tell others how lucky we are that we can do these big ascensions, because people in 2005, did not have 100trill ascensions.

Sol wrote:Well you could have 3 months less waiting for some of your APP.

Either way, ascended isn't about APP. Far from it. You didn't loose it, it's still there. And you will get far far more than quite a few previous ascenders got for their app.

@ertyuio, apologies for the lack of flashing lights on the warning (and poorly written text) beforehand for the APP conversion text, but that's how it went.

If there is a better solution I'll probably implement (there is always that thread open to suggestions).

Ofcourse there is gonna be a loss. I am clueless how you just don't seem to get it. By the time i am able to convert these APP i will have another batch waiting, wich again will make me wait.
By then, probably till 2015.
And OFCOURSE we will have far more APP then previous ascenders. A trill right now in main, is far less valuable then it was years ago. The top accounts in ascended will never be caught, even if you do 25x 100trill ascensions, they will still be ahead. In my current speed that would take me roughly 6 years to complete. Now please tell me how this is unbalanced for people that did appropriate ascensions a long time ago? Even average ascenders will never be caught unless they left their account since they ascended, never bothered to farm. And even then the timeframe to actually catch up will be 2 years+. Please tell me what is unbalanced about this. I am getting so tired of some people including yourself Sol, preaching how easy it apparently is these days to catch up by doing some 'easy' max ascensions.

If you wanna balance this game around cash cows then please just tell me, i will delete my account and look for a game where they do care. Because even though you changed the lockout currently for APP>Turns, anyone who happened to get stuck in this ridiculous rule is just done for.
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite
Alliance: ~Dark Dominium~
Race: ~DDE~
ID: 8675309
Alternate name(s): theDEX,Stewie Griffin,Sylar,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Dark Lunas,BANNED to keep my valid points out of the public sounds like MSNBC is running this forum

I dont understand the "200 quad comes at a price" comment Sol. ???
Sol
Forum Addict

Xiaoli wrote:
Sol wrote:

Sometimes i feel like you don't take the time to properly read my post. Everyone gets by now it is not a bug, but you fix it for some and tell others how lucky we are that we can do these big ascensions, because people in 2005, did not have 100trill ascensions.

I fixed one person, because his was an actual bug. And it was people in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, and most of 2011.
Xiaoli wrote:
Sol wrote:Well you could have 3 months less waiting for some of your APP.

Now please tell me how this is unbalanced for people that did appropriate ascensions a long time ago? Even average ascenders will never be caught unless they left their account since they ascended, never bothered to farm. And even then the timeframe to actually catch up will be 2 years+. Please tell me what is unbalanced about this. I am getting so tired of some people including yourself Sol, preaching how easy it apparently is these days to catch up by doing some 'easy' max ascensions.

Pfft please, this is a time based game, you can't expect to catch up in a matter of months. I started a new account a week ago ish, had nothing on it, all power ups where 1, and only gained 1 planet per day. With no help at all, and purely just farming I can now attack up to half a mill planet sizes, from about 2k.
You don't need to do 'max' ascensions to catch up. Many people have caught up so far, without the use of APP, people have been doing it for years.
But yes theoretical, if two farmers farm the same amount constantly one will never catch up, that will happen everywhere though even main.

Ascended doesn't cater to cash cows, that in itself is laughable, do you see any black market? The only ways people buy things are from other users farming and selling, hell there isn't even a bank. That is exactly why APP is limited.

I made a better alternative though if you wish to weigh in on it (last post): viewtopic.php?f=32&t=195959

It will void the waiting time on LF.

@dex, 200 quad = 20 trill, so 20 t per month or whatever i said, time being the price.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Return to “Ascended Bugs Archive”