APP 5month wait bug

Xiaoli
Forum Newbie
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): KayKay

APP 5month wait bug

Ok i don't want to post a topic wich has already been discussed, but reading all the other posts people made about this i will give it 1 more try, before i am forced to just give up on ascending since 5 months waiting because you did a 4k turn refill is just silly.

Let me put it in the easiest way possible.

I ascended at the end of october, for roughly 80trill LF. Converted and everything is going well.

Last week, i had enough generated APP to get a turn refill, and since my next ascension is planned approx 2 weeks after i would do this i took the turn refill. Expecting to be able to convert APP > LF once i ascended.

After reading all the people who have the 5month wait bug, i figured let's give it a try, and it says the same for me, wich is i have to wait till march before i can do another convert. Now i haven't ascended yet, so i am not sure if i couldn't. I will report this soon.

I would just like to have a clear answer of this is intentional or not, so i can decide wether to just give up on ascending or not. Since refilling for turns giving you the 5month wait is simply silly.

Thanks,

Kay
Sol
Forum Addict

Re: APP 5month wait bug

How it was before:
LF and turns came off the same time so it went like this;
If you convert LF to over 99 trill you will have to wait 2 weeks to convert turns or 5 months for you next LF conversion.

If you convert turns you will have to wait 2 weeks to convert turns again or 5 months for LF.

Both will use ALL of your APP.

How it is now:
LF and turns run on different times soooo if you convert one of them it has no effect what so ever on the other.

Both will still use all of your app.

You will need to wait if you hit the cap, so if you converted 80 trill it should be ok. Baring in mind this will probably change to 20 t per month or something (see viewtopic.php?f=32&t=195959).
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Achernar
Forum Grunt
Race: twagras
ID: 1989627
Alternate name(s): Achernar
EZE
ertyuio

I have not hit the 100 trillion cap and still can't convert my APP. I didn't convert any LF on Nov 19 and it says I did. I try every time I have logged in and it still isn't fixed.
Sol
Forum Addict

ertyuio wrote:I have not hit the 100 trillion cap and still can't convert my APP. I didn't convert any LF on Nov 19 and it says I did. I try every time I have logged in and it still isn't fixed.

I assume....
How it was before:
If you convert turns you will have to wait 2 weeks to convert turns again or 5 months for LF.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Achernar
Forum Grunt
EZE
ertyuio

Its been over 3 weeks since November 19
Sol
Forum Addict

Have you converted APP -> turns? Especially around november ish?
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Xiaoli
Forum Newbie

Sol wrote:How it is now:
LF and turns run on different times soooo if you convert one of them it has no effect what so ever on the other.

You will need to wait if you hit the cap, so if you converted 80 trill it should be ok. Baring in mind this will probably change to 20 t per month or something (see viewtopic.php?f=32&t=195959).

I can't hide i feel some sarcasme in your post Sol, atleast i hope it was sarcasme regarding that suggestion. 20trill per month limit would kill off anyone still ascending with something worthy. The main > Ascended would just be gone.

So you say turns and LF now run differently from one another. I can't convert APP to LF anymore since i used it for turns, and it says 5months since my last ascension.
I am not sure if we are on the same page on this.
Achernar
Forum Grunt
EZE
ertyuio

Sol wrote:Have you converted APP -> turns? Especially around november ish?

Yes. November 19. Does that mean I have to wait 5 months to convert LF?
Sol
Forum Addict

ertyuio wrote:
Sol wrote:Have you converted APP -> turns? Especially around november ish?

Yes. November 19. Does that mean I have to wait 5 months to convert LF?

I'll quote myself again...

How it was before:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
SVaRuN
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Roman

But SoL he said

Last week, i had enough generated APP to get a turn refill, and since my next ascension is planned approx 2 weeks after i would do this i took the turn refill. Expecting to be able to convert APP > LF once i ascended.

meaning he did it after you have separated the two...

So he should be able now to convert APP -> LF

so he should not wait for 5 months...

Well he can explain once again just what is bugging him...
Quae caret ora cruore nostro?
Xiaoli
Forum Newbie

Problem is, i am not sure what has caused this, because i don't go click my convert button every week just to see if it is working properly. I just did it after i converted turn last week, to see if it affected me.

I get this: You have used all your power to convert the maximal amount of life force (100 trill) on October 23rd at 06:32:03 AM gametime you can convert to life force again March 22nd at 06:32:03 AM gametime

Like i said i ascended on the 23rd, and certainly did not convert 100trill LF. I converted to turns last week with no problem.

ID= 5177 incase you need it.
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

would seem the app you earn from ascending triggered the convert thingy into thinking you had used the convert 100LF thingy

so out of curiosity Sol, how does it work when you ascend and get a lot of natural APP

if your account is not fully ascended is there a 3rd option for converting APP.. if I was still ascending I wouldn't want to have to wait 5mns between being able to convert to LF :s
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Achernar
Forum Grunt
EZE
ertyuio

I converted turns on November 19 before the "fix". I did not convert any LF for at least three weeks before that. I have not converted anywhere near 100 trillion LF. I now have 15 trillion LF in APP waiting to be converted to LF and its been quite a bit more than 2 weeks since I converted for turns on November 19.
You have used all your power to convert the maximal amount of life force (100 trill) on November 19th at 06:25:22 AM gametime you can convert to life force again April 18th at 07:25:22 AM gametime

I did not convert APP to LF on November the 19th. I converted for turns. I have never converted anywhere near 100 trillion LF. I have converted 1-6 trillion per ascension and I've ascended 5 times.

I know there was an issue when the conversion to turns was first added and then the issue was fixed. The issue had to do with something about the timer between the two. I do not think the issue is completely fixed because some people still had issues after the fix. My guess is it those people who converted for turns prior to the issue being fixed.

Please just take a look at the logs. My ID is 10680. I have asked repeatedly and each time the request has been ignored or put off because of being busy. Nearly a month later I am starting to get a little annoyed, but I know how it is being an admin/coder on a game online. I would appreciate just a few moments of your time and if I'm wrong, I'll totally admit it.

I asked the same day as another player who had the exact same problem which you fixed for them, but still have yet to see a simple check into the issue for me.

Sol, maybe I have done something to offend or annoy you, but I feel that I have been more than patient considering the way I feel I am being ignored and sarcasm isn't really helping that feeling.

If I am asking in the wrong places, please direct me to the the proper avenue. I am a fairly new player and may be wrong about things, but when I see another player with the exact same issue dealt with almost immediately and my request ignored, I wonder why.
SVaRuN
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Roman

Yes but SoL said that if you converted for

TURNS or LF

BEFORE the fix...

That you basically wait 5 months...

If after all ok...

So I get it why ertyuio has the 5 months wait

But why does Xiaoli?

By the way, do the buttons for conversion show normal until you have clicked them and you then get the message saying you cant...or no?
Quae caret ora cruore nostro?
Sol
Forum Addict

Xiaoli wrote:
Sol wrote:How it is now:

So you say turns and LF now run differently from one another. I can't convert APP to LF anymore since i used it for turns, and it says 5months since my last ascension.
I am not sure if we are on the same page on this.

This whole thing is confusing.
If that is so, then that is not right, I'll talk a look in sec, if you haven't posted your ID pm it.

Xiaoli wrote:20trill per month limit would kill off anyone still ascending with something worthy. The main > Ascended would just be gone.

And yes it would, that is kinda the point, I didn't want people jacking up their main accounts just to ascend and get a massive bonus. Also I feel I have mislead you a bit back there as well :P if you are over the 100 trill cap, you will convert 100 trill but keep the rest of your APP. So it technically wont convert ALL of your app.
Now since that is cleared up, when people ascend they still get to keep all of their app. They just have to wait every so often to convert it. I feel waiting a month or so instead of 5 is better. That will of course mean more people will be caught up in it, butttt getting a free 200 quad comes at a price.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Return to “Ascended Bugs Archive”