High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

Re: Bang for buck

Raven wrote:
High Empty wrote:
Gandalf the White wrote:Upgrading max LF is punative currently for small accounts. For Example a level 43 gives you 29379 max LF. The next level costs 398535 LF to give about 800 or so extra max LF points. 800! Whats the point in a small account like mine spending 4 billion dmu to do that when you get the extra 800 by converting 8mill dmu (equivalent) every day. I imagine the cost/benefit analysis is 100's of times worse for those above me.

An increase would be nice. maybe 10x is too much though. 2x would be a good start just to see how it goes.

Ok were going to take your example of level 43, that gives you 29379 and the next one costs 398535, and only gives you a 800 increase, what i'm suggesting is, that levels 43 gets you 293790, so that you still only get an 8000, increase but it doesn't take your account, 10 years to get that lifeforce.

Still i would press for a higher then 10x increase.

Raven, it's like this, you haven't yet to make a suggestion that anyone liked even yourself, that doesn't just invole reseting the server. But yeah this update would make it easier to descend someone sort of, it's called by giving them more, it means that they can lose more. Not really going to be bad for the smaller guys, or the guys who don't run their mouths, however it is going to be bad for the guys that thought well i can do what i want cause there no way they can descend me as i've gotten so much lifeforce that i just log in every 2 days to make sure it's still there. For the smaller players it is going to make descending harder, as they have more lifeforce.

Basicly this update is a + for those accounts that are trying to actively play.
This update is a - for those account that stock up on lifeforce and then go and forget to log in for a month.

Im not gonna make a suggestion cause ascension is beyond help from anything......see what admin did to 'fix' ascension.....even he is desperate....

Your proposing it as a help for smaller players but its more a burden you just bring it a nice way.....you had to add that if this goes up everyone is easily descended and you up there can rule the server.......you didnt so i complain else you wouldnt have seen me in this thread ......

but i want complains, in this thread, if no one complains how can i or anyone else find a solution to the problem, if we don't know there is a problem. So guys % gals don't just read the thread, RESPOND to the thread, positive, negitive, indifferents!

@ hell, what i'm suggesting is that you lifeforce become the same as your reserve life force and that your reserve then increases by a factor of 10. Meaning that you can achieve powerups without ascending again, and without having to farm and try to store up huge amounts of dmu.
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
Raven
Forum Elite
ID: 0

i would be heavily supporting some Idea to give the smaller ascended ones some boost at start so they can do something instead of just sitting there [you really cant blame people who dont play cause its really no fun at all when your small]

Ive been buying DMU lately and im finding Ascension becoming pretty interesting when you actually grow :)
Not everyone can buy 5-10trill DMU though so some other things to help out when they start would be always nice
Former Member of The Legion
'Terrorists of SGW'
Timmy
Forum Irregular

so the limits are timesed by 10

are you also suggesting the actual growth oper turn is timesed by 10?

if so it think its a good update as everyone stands a chance to benefit from it if they want to
High Empty
Forum Addict

Timmy wrote:so the limits are timesed by 10

are you also suggesting the actual growth oper turn is timesed by 10?

if so it think its a good update as everyone stands a chance to benefit from it if they want to

k, what i suggest is that the limit that your *flow* per turn increases by 10x. And your flow per turn is infacted based off your limit, so it would increase but not to the full 10x, but it would increase, and it would still be much faster, Example, would be that every day that you should be able to generate lifeforce for a level somewhere.

for larger accounts it wouldn't help so much. Like my next charisma levels costs 260mil life force, at the moment my max is at 600000. And that's at level 200. You can sort of see my point here i hope.

going to take me along time to get it, and no i can't convert dmu to lifeforce, cause it's now 80 to 1, instead of the 10 to 1 that other people trade in. So basicly, what i'm saying is that for larger accounts this update isn't really going to help them too much, besides making their accounts able to descend some of the more annoying (25mil life force accounts). Where for small accounts this should allow a way to grow more rapidly.
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
~Krys~
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Nemesis
ID: 68005

i understood where High Empty was going when he proposed this
itll make descending easier but their is already way to many caps on descending people this just makes it even while also helping the younger players

its a win win for everyone
so plz forum add this in
~krys~ the last 2ic of The Order
RIP
Gandalf the White
Forum Grunt

I can't speak for anyone else, because I don't know if I can spy anyone within a cooee (i'm sick of seeing ????? but thats another rant for another day). But this will help me no end. It rewards those who play this game and want to catch up to the bigger players. It also rewards those who put some effort into their ascentions because their 'sacrifice' to get APPs for a good max LF is amplified.

I can't see how this disadvantages anyone in any way. I can see it providing an enormous benefit to active players who want to make something of this server. Lets see it happen.
Mojo Rising
Forum Irregular
ID: 1975707

This suggestion makes sense and has merit.....and, as such, Jason will dismiss it out of hand. Instead he will do something REALLY radical and say that levels reset at 400 so if you go above 400, you go back to 0. Then, your planet production in ascension will SUBTRACT from your UP in main until you are less than 10 million UU, at which point it just negates your UP (so that you are stuck at the same army size forever). And, in a stroke of genius, Jason will open up a market in ascension so that it will be possible for the n00bs to trade resources amongst themselves.
Hells__Angel
Forum Elder

Thats one step furthur than radical Mojo :P

And thanks HE for that explanation, I am in favour of this update :)
High Empty
Forum Addict

Hells__Angel wrote:Thats one step furthur than radical Mojo :P

And thanks HE for that explanation, I am in favour of this update :)

NP

Ok so does anyone else have a problem with this update?
Mojo Rising
Forum Irregular

Oh I am all for this update. I am just being a realist and saying that it won't happen in our lifetime. Perhaps if I will my account to my grandkids, they might see an update happen that will actually benefit EVERYONE. But it is not going to happen whilst I draw breath.
~Krys~
Forum Irregular

im not insulting ya forum but can u give us a yelll just saying that ur taking this into consideration
everyone wants it and its simple to implement

and youll also have the pleasure of proving mojo wrong :)
that alone must be worth it
RIP
Mojo Rising
Forum Irregular

Dirtnap wrote:im not insulting ya forum but can u give us a yelll just saying that ur taking this into consideration

Dirtnap, he has already proved me wrong by hosing my account and showing everyone that quick ascending was what he intended for the server all along. Slow ascending and getting your ascension account to be self-sufficient is a BAD idea. You are NOT supposed to play the game well. The object now is to strive for mediocrity. Go for the middle of the pack. That is, after all, one of the cardinal rules of game design: Punish the strong and promote the weak. I am surprised games like WoW and EverQuest haven't adopted this strategy. My third level warrior just got pwned by a 65th level Enchanter. If this battle had occurred in SGW, the warrior not only would have won but would have taken all of the Enchanter's stuff as well.
~Krys~
Forum Irregular

lol well then how bout well strive to make u happy :)
RIP
Raven
Forum Elite

Dirtnap wrote:im not insulting ya forum but can u give us a yelll just saying that ur taking this into consideration

Not everyone wants it.....dont make me get 20 people to seriously doubt the good intentions of this update :-D
Former Member of The Legion
'Terrorists of SGW'
Lord_Zeus
Forum Regular

Raven wrote:It would also mean easier descensions right? or wasnt that the purpose of this anyway?

Ditto... and Ditto your second post as well.

Perhaps if this was optional for an account I would support it? Aka choose to raise it if you want... mabye if its optional increase it further than 10x.. on a sliding scale, effects you more the smaller you are.
Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Stickin it to the man!

Return to “Suggestions”