Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Re: 3-0 HOLLAND VS ITALY

Rev. Auriel Daniels wrote:
Legendary Apophis wrote:There won't be owning best score a team got on France since last world cup was Argentina (aside of their defeat on Brazil 3-0 on Copa America) is one of best team in the world, they won by 1-0. Call that owning. If the ranked 2 for Elo and ranked 1 for FIFA can't do better than 1-0 on a match out of any competitions (and i know France are incredibly lazy on non competition matches), then I highly doubt anyone in this group can do better than this.
Afterall, NL can do a draw on Romania, they finished first of their group.
May I remind you that NL did draw once and lost other time against Romanians.
France ended second yes, but they did a draw, and a large victory (3-1) on them.

rofl

Dude.. you are forgetting that until yesterday, no one had achieved an owning on Italy either. :lol:

:roll:
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

3-1 is nothing compared to 3-0. ;)
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Rev. Auriel Daniels wrote:3-1 is nothing compared to 3-0. ;)

Beating the freshly world champions 3 monthes after their title (meaning no big changes happend in the team, and were likely to have same level) is nothing compared to a first Euro match. ;)
And since Sydney Govou goaled twice against Italy in this match, it looks better than one match where many people could doubt about Van Nistelrooy's goal, being cleary offside in the video.
Spoiler

Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Legendary Apophis wrote:

Beating the freshly world champions 3 monthes after their title (meaning no big changes happend in the team, and were likely to have same level) is nothing compared to a first Euro match. ;)
And since Sydney Govou goaled twice against Italy in this match, it looks better than one match where many people could doubt about Van Nistelrooy's goal, being cleary offside in the video.

Muahahaha, offside you say? :lol:

That Italian dude lay behind the hind line.. technically, there was no situation of offside.
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Legendary Apophis wrote:

And since Sydney Govou goaled twice against Italy in this match, it looks better than one mat ch where many people could doubt about Van Nistelrooy's goal, being cleary offside in the video.

That Italian dude lay behind the hind line.. technically, there was no situation of offside.

There has already been situations of offside for less than this. Referees are pretty random anyway, not that being offside means much since half of times they are wrong about it... :roll:
And don't to say I try to find flaws everywhere, you kinda pushed it with your posts to make me do it! :lol: :-D
Spoiler

Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Legendary Apophis wrote:
Legendary Apophis wrote:

And since Sydney Govou goaled twice against Italy in this match, it looks better than one mat ch where many people could doubt about Van Nistelrooy's goal, being cleary offside in the video.

There has already been situations of offside for less than this. Referees are pretty random anyway, not that being offside means much since half of times they are wrong about it... :roll:
And don't to say I try to find flaws everywhere, you kinda pushed it with your posts to make me do it! :lol: :-D

See? You're reaching. ;)
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Anyway I can say that the masterplan is working and everything fall into it. Even myself at beginning, but now I see what's behind this.
Spoiler

Spoiler
Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

Congrats Holland for the great victory and for the wonderfull show. It was a very good quality game that i enjoyed from the first to the final wistle of the referee. Well done! I wouldn`t be surprised if Holland will win this years trophy.

This was a very good example of determination for the dutch. Before the game the statistics gave Holland as a clear victim as they didn`t won against Italy for 30 years. :shock: But i saw the will on their faces when the anthems were sang and i knew that they will have a good match. Once again, congrats!

Also i would like to congratulate Romania for the draw against France. Wasn`t our best game and the worst game of the EURO 2008 so far, we played better in the qualifiers but as the outsiders of the group with only 1 victory against Holland, 2 against Italy and 3 against France in the entire history we played not to be defeated. I expected more from France because they were the top team but they played our game, probably they were expecting us to attack and to score on the counterattack. Though the game wasn`t enjoyable to watch, it was very tactical.

Holland have made a big step for advancing to the quaterfinals. The result of the match with Italy will have big consequences for our match with them. Italy will be the hurt dog on Friday against us and will want to hunt us down, it`s their only chance. I wish now, that we had played our game with France and won so that the match with Italy to not count so badly.

Anyway, this will be an interesting group to watch. I support for my country, but i know that we have very hard games.

Holland and Romania to advance to the quarters in a group with Italy and France the entitre world champs and vice champs will be one of the biggest surprises of this Championship, a pleasant one. :)
Tyveris
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 48638

If holland had scored one more goal it would have been a first....NO team has ever put 4 past Italy without conceding....so it was top perfomance...and yes nistelroys goal was clearly offside....

holland are playing like they want to actually win the tournament unlike Romania and France who look like they wanna try and scrape a result....

anyways i hope Spain can live up to some of their potential....ill be cheering them on...bit like England...got the talent and never achieve...

;-)
Tyveris [ ~Rogue Trooper~ ]

dont be fooled by my army size!...(Lifers) (24,625,210)...doh!
Raven
Forum Elite
ID: 0

Guys the EC is played by Uefa Rules wich state that a defender cant remove himself from the game so the guy behind the goal counted as a player of italy.....thats why it wasnt offside.....the referee did a wonderful job he would have made the goal invalid if it were truly offside.
Former Member of The Legion
'Terrorists of SGW'
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Raven wrote:Guys the EC is played by Uefa Rules wich state that a defender cant remove himself from the game so the guy behind the goal counted as a player of italy.....thats why it wasnt offside.....the referee did a wonderful job he would have made the goal invalid if it were truly offside.

There! Raven said it exactly the way it is.
Tyveris
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 48638

Raven wrote:Guys the EC is played by Uefa Rules wich state that a defender cant remove himself from the game so the guy behind the goal counted as a player of italy.....thats why it wasnt offside.....the referee did a wonderful job he would have made the goal invalid if it were truly offside.

oh didnt know that....ta!

;-)
Tyveris [ ~Rogue Trooper~ ]

dont be fooled by my army size!...(Lifers) (24,625,210)...doh!
Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

Indeed. If this wasn`t in the rules, the entire teams could go outside of the field to put the adversarie in offsaid on free kicks.
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict
Alliance: sigma leader
Race: systemlord
ID: 70578

repli**cator wrote:well since there is no way for us to root for our country zeek, i suppose rooting for the dutch is the next best thing

(i feel so dirty :P)

nah, it's hard ...
i wnated to cheer for england, they arn't in it either

so i'm picking germany, just for the irony :lol:
macker51
Forum Grunt
Alliance: DBZ Warriorz
Race: Goual'd
ID: 1908278

omg legend!!!!! italy got hammered, and france drew???

awesome!!!!

go holland
macker51
Proud DBZ Warriorz member
sup...

Return to “Sports Section”