Disciples of Sobek(Flight Eater)

To discuss, debate, suggest improvements on, or ask to rollback, enhancements released to the game.
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

Re: Disciples of Sobek(Flight Eater)

Jedi~Tank wrote:I think there needs to be a house war feature added that keeps anyone outside of the house from hitting. With a duration counter that can be set.

See that's dangerous too. Say I control the Order house and TL controls Flight. I could declare war on them for some duration and then we have basically peace from the outside world unless someone tries to join those houses in a concerted effort. If it was friends that filled each house, that would be an eternal PPT (and free planets too I might add)...especially if it took the 5 days for new alliances to join the fray.
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell
ID: 89633

Honours and Awards

Mathlord wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:I think there needs to be a house war feature added that keeps anyone outside of the house from hitting. With a duration counter that can be set.

See that's dangerous too. Say I control the Order house and TL controls Flight. I could declare war on them for some duration and then we have basically peace from the outside world unless someone tries to join those houses in a concerted effort. If it was friends that filled each house, that would be an eternal PPT (and free planets too I might add)...especially if it took the 5 days for new alliances to join the fray.

Could be abused quite easily.
Mar 18, 14:52 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 104,724,369 details
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Eelyzabth
Forum Irregular
Alliance: DDE
Race: replicator
ID: 1961519

BMMJ13 wrote:
Mathlord wrote:

would we? *batts eyelashes innocently* :smt051
Some girls turn heads. DDE girls break necks.....oh and.... Its NOT a bra, its a lacy summer top!!
My DDE Medals
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Field Marshall wrote: Lizzy for president =D>
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
ID: 12759

Eelyzabth wrote:
BMMJ13 wrote:
Mathlord wrote:

I would :roll:

This isn't all about you :P
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell

Honours and Awards

Mathlord wrote:
Eelyzabth wrote:
BMMJ13 wrote:
Mathlord wrote:

Everyone who controls 2 houses could use it for a peaceful thing. Same thing was thought of for blood realm I believe.
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Eelyzabth
Forum Irregular
Alliance: DDE
Race: replicator
ID: 1961519

Mathlord wrote:
Eelyzabth wrote:
BMMJ13 wrote:
Mathlord wrote:

Dahhhling, of course its all about me, don't burst my bubble!

but I did mean a 'WE' as in GW players in general and just maybe a little teeny weeny, miniscule, bit DDE in particular ;)
Some girls turn heads. DDE girls break necks.....oh and.... Its NOT a bra, its a lacy summer top!!
My DDE Medals
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Field Marshall wrote: Lizzy for president =D>
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell

Honours and Awards

Eelyzabth wrote:
Mathlord wrote:
Eelyzabth wrote:
BMMJ13 wrote:
Mathlord wrote:

Dahhhling, of course its all about me, don't burst my bubble!

but I did mean a 'WE' as in GW players in general and just maybe a little teeny weeny, miniscule, bit DDE in particular ;)

Yes in general. People always find ways to use things to their advantage beyond the intended means.
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Ya, this is a biiiiig joke. People in the house can have their planets stripped but they can't ever get them back or take new ones? Wow.

The proper solution, if there even was one needed, was to make fleets engage fleets in battle. The fleets of the people in the house should be able to be destroyed, but their MS kept safe. Planets should not have been brought in to it. Really there was no problem with the house at all, the MS which includes fleets of the people in the Sobek House was safe. Planets from either side could still be taken, you just need defense... as always.

Those who didn't like it just had more to lose in planets than those in Sobek, and couldn't defend them from Sobek... Too bad so sad :smt089

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Baxter
Forum Regular
Alliance: ~Sand Village~
Race: Australian
ID: 1961730

Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:Ya, this is a biiiiig joke. People in the house can have their planets stripped but they can't ever get them back or take new ones? Wow.

The proper solution, if there even was one needed, was to make fleets engage fleets in battle. The fleets of the people in the house should be able to be destroyed, but their MS kept safe. Planets should not have been brought in to it. Really there was no problem with the house at all, the MS which includes fleets of the people in the Sobek House was safe. Planets from either side could still be taken, you just need defense... as always.

Those who didn't like it just had more to lose in planets than those in Sobek, and couldn't defend them from Sobek... Too bad so sad :smt089

there really shouldnt need to be a new type of attack, planets should be able to be taken by both sides, but MSs shouldnt do anything when attacking (for naq) or raiding
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
Spoiler
Byrnes wrote:Triangle Allegiance is accepting applications now :-D
Juliette wrote:To recommend Chrome is to say "Here, have this grenade. I'll pull the plug. Now you hold on to that grenade and run like hell."

IE beats Chrome. Hell, EVERYTHING beats Chrome. ICQ **Filtered** beats Chrome. A telex beats Chrome. And even.. BP beats Chrome.
doc holliday
Forum Elite
Alliance: Unnatural Selection
ID: 0

I say put it it back how it was, EXCEPT allow only the opposite house Horus/Flight to be able to engage in mothership battles with with Sobek (maybe at half power). The fleets vs. fleets option would probably take more to implement, and it would reduce the power of the no ms housing making it just almost as lame as the AC house lol.
If Horus is allowed to attack Sobek's MS's tho it adds another option besides just having to join Sobek and boot the planet hijackers out.
Spoiler
Mathlord wrote:
doc holliday wrote:just don't come off ppt :smt071 :smt043
See what doc is really saying, is his six shooters tickle...until you die from it :D
Spoiler
prsko wrote:
SSG EnterTheLion wrote: As anyone who knows me knows, I never build up planets, if I steal a good one, so be it, but I never waste naq on a planet.
So that triple planet u bought was allready built up?
Or am I twisting your words like the rest?
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

add a farm button, so when you farm naq ms wont engage, only when you use attack should it.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Single Malt
Forum Newbie
Alliance: Ω Allegiance

The way fleets are set up will always cause a difference of opinion where Sobek is concerned. The Bonus is "100 Percent Negates All Motherships In Attack/Raid Battles- Own and Enemy". This basically means that the MS is not involved in any attacks. Is conquering a planet an attack? It would be fair to say that it is. From this, it would be reasonable to assume that the MS, which carries the fleets, does not turn up for the battle when you are trying to conquer a planet. No MS means no fleets. No fleets means no conquering of planet. This means that people in Sobek should never have been allowed to conquer planets.

Whilst I think it is funny that Sobek can no longer take planets, but can lose them, it is unfair. Likewise all three combinations involving planets with regards to Sobek is unfair.

1 - One side being able to take a planet and the others can't = unfair due to obvious reasons.

2 - Both sides unable to take a planet = unfair due to having untouchable planets. The Sobek house is to protect the MS, not MS and planets.

3 - Both sides being able to take planets = unfair as fleets are unable to be destroyed so planets with defences are ultimately defenceless.

Both points 1 and 2 above are not workable and can be extremely unfair with no work around. Point 3 however can be improved. Treat fleets like MS weapons ie they can be destroyed. This would even things out a hell of a lot.

Personally though, I think that Sobek should be scrapped (if not all houses). There should be no house bonus that 100% protects something that is used to help determine rankings.

It was mentioned earlier that those who were not happy with how the bonus of Sobek worked before the latest update should have simply took it over and booted people from it. That was an option, likewise there is the option of those in Sobek now to leave now if they dont like it. I know EPA will cry about that as most of the other houses will not benefit them in any way as most of the other houses offer benefits to stats... which they do not have, but hey, that is the game we have for the moment, so get on with it.

PS, it is not as if Sobek can't get new planets now. They can use their MTs and create a new one :)
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell

Honours and Awards

Single Malt wrote:The way fleets are set up will always cause a difference of opinion where Sobek is concerned. The Bonus is "100 Percent Negates All Motherships In Attack/Raid Battles- Own and Enemy". This basically means that the MS is not involved in any attacks. Is conquering a planet an attack? It would be fair to say that it is. From this, it would be reasonable to assume that the MS, which carries the fleets, does not turn up for the battle when you are trying to conquer a planet. No MS means no fleets. No fleets means no conquering of planet. This means that people in Sobek should never have been allowed to conquer planets.

Whilst I think it is funny that Sobek can no longer take planets, but can lose them, it is unfair. Likewise all three combinations involving planets with regards to Sobek is unfair.

1 - One side being able to take a planet and the others can't = unfair due to obvious reasons.
Yes, unfair both in reality and does not match the house reasoning. Can't have A without B.

2 - Both sides unable to take a planet = unfair due to having untouchable planets. The Sobek house is to protect the MS, not MS and planets. Yes, unfair in reality/completely exploitable but does match the house reasoning. Can't have A, can't have B.

3 - Both sides being able to take planets = unfair as fleets are unable to be destroyed so planets with defences are ultimately defenceless. Yes, fairest reasoning and matches the house reasoning. Can't have A, can't have B. However those with more to lose in terms of planets will obviously complain about it more and consider it unfair due to the inability to stop said planet taking.

Both points 1 and 2 above are not workable and can be extremely unfair with no work around. Point 3 however can be improved. Treat fleets like MS weapons ie they can be destroyed. This would even things out a hell of a lot.
Only way I can see that allows planet stealing and destroyable fleets is have only fleets show up in battles with Sobek. This would allow those both in and out to destroy fleets (as long as they actually have greater fleets with which to mass with) yet also allow planet stealing, creating the only viable option that I can see without complaint.

Personally though, I think that Sobek should be scrapped (if not all houses). There should be no house bonus that 100% protects something that is used to help determine rankings.
You could argue that Sobek be removed, all the houses that negate something 100% be removed, or that all the houses will be removed, however I doubt that the houses will be removed.

It was mentioned earlier that those who were not happy with how the bonus of Sobek worked before the latest update should have simply took it over and booted people from it. That was an option, likewise there is the option of those in Sobek now to leave now if they dont like it. I know EPA will cry about that as most of the other houses will not benefit them in any way as most of the other houses offer benefits to stats... which they do not have, but hey, that is the game we have for the moment, so get on with it.
While you could argue about the ability to leave and join, this update makes this house useless. Not only can you not mass motherships, however now those in it can lose as many planets as possible yet take none. As for the latter point, I do not see how that is really important or even necessarily true, however here is not the place to discuss that.

PS, it is not as if Sobek can't get new planets now. They can use their MTs and create a new one :)
Quite pointless to make one crappy planet a week while being able to lose 35 a week.

Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

Well no-one seems to agree with this so call 'fix', even those who pestered admin to create it havent made any attempt to defend or justify it. Several suggestions of better fixes have been made. So,

Has anyone heard back from Admin yet ?

I emailed admin and have had no reply yet, we all know admin dont bother reading this section so I ask everyone to email him ASAP, maybe if his inbox is full of comments/complaints/suggestions on this topic he will actually do something to correct this mess.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell

Honours and Awards

MEZZANINE wrote:Well no-one seems to agree with this so call 'fix', even those who pestered admin to create it havent made any attempt to defend or justify it. Several suggestions of better fixes have been made. So,

Has anyone heard back from Admin yet ?

I emailed admin and have had no reply yet, we all know admin dont bother reading this section so I ask everyone to email him ASAP, maybe if his inbox is full of comments/complaints/suggestions on this topic he will actually do something to correct this mess.

I emailed admin and he replied that he will take a look at it. I'm sure he will come to some conclusion, however hopefully it is agreeable to all those who have commented here (or at least a majority who realize how it is now is more broken than you could even possibly say it was before).
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (ones already released)”