Jason's so called Dragons ..

Suggest any improvements
caesar2
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties Island
Race: [carrot]
ID: 1933254

Re: Jason's so called Dragons ..

Good idea is to move limits on who can hit who. But to alowe bumpers to protect bigger players is the rule what empires needed all the time. If it works to decend or to block bigger TOCs.

Ascended mechanica works different as on main. To call for "stay trained what was trained - because he uses TOC" is short thinking. And to tell "Lets balance out this crap" is alaso hypocrite calling.

What was wrong with using TOC few months ago by someone and whats wrong now by using it against the same person?

Many ppl in past few years were calling for better ascended server, for more usefull ascended server. It graduated early in 2011, and many players realized they have to play two servers instead of 1. Me included, I quit for that reason :)

But its long time ago, and few ideas came after few players have problems? And they say something is crap, bug, exploiting, etc...

Meh... TOC was doubled after it was doubled. Ppl will spend weeks building and lvls will be high again. Problem solved. It was the same with Ascended always in past. Time spent by sugesting such ideas would be better spent by farming 2Q DMU and to increase lvls. And if your player is descended? Well... than he has less bonuses...

Easy said, blaming some kind of playing is not the key how to improve Ascended server. It just solvs Someones actual problem.
RETURN of the P I R A T E
renegadze
Forum Elite
ID: 0

lol you guys will be asking Jason to let you "undescend" yourselves with $$ soon.

While we're thinking about crazy updates, why not make it, level 39 covert can only sab those with a lower covert level if no $$ were used in purchasing that level 8-[ because surely an opposite side to your argument, have a covert power that most other players ingame can't protect against is unfair too :-"
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
noone
Forum Elite
Alliance: none
Race: gone
Alternate name(s): Nostradamus,Nostra,NanoBite,Drought,Darkwing Duck,Duck Dodgers,Medusa,Star Nova,System Mistress,*The Exile,ingolfúr,Belle,Lagertha.

Iƒrit wrote:no I wouldn't my ToC isn't anything that good... but I can hit someone with 5b ToC and be fine, and my ascended isn't amazing. It didn't change anything significant it simply reworked the mechanic that always existed, which is you risk being de-ascended if you initiate an ascended battle on a account to strong.

Yes, and the levels have increased, one sided. You can say it was already there, but it wasnt to this extent.

Iƒrit wrote:Sniping game is what it is, nothing can really be done on that part, but it won't exist as much now cause you don't get the same benefits you once got when you did snipe which was more ATs, if you were at 4k rank or lower you got 15 ATs/turn, rank 3k-4k and you would get 11 ATs/turn, now you get 10 ATs/turn no matter what your rank is. Anyone can play the snipe game without any or low risks.

Thats not true, something can be done about it, I made a nice suggestion here, the need of keeping planets trained during and ascended battle.

Iƒrit wrote:Size differences? in what ToC? that can always change if you apply the effort needed to change that, thing is its MUCH easier to catch up/close the gaps in ascended because things are limited and it requires actual effort to obtain a good account, unless you purchase an account that comes with a good ascended. There is no trading between players (for the most part), there is no money market, and ATs are heavily limited making them gold.

I mean the seize difference between planets size (10 times rule), if enough planet got destroyed because your trying to descend people a lot, then eventually you will become to small to attack certain players.
(From the suggestion of the need to keep planets trained during an ascended battle)

stuff of legends wrote:
Nostra wrote:Point 1: Selling of weapons .... (useless in Ascended though)

I dont recall snipers building 10 trill strikes, cutting the cost of attack weapons would hardly do them damage.

Snipers on main dont build them 10T strikes because of the losses they get when they sell of the weapons, henche why I said its useless on main, as the DMU needed for a gigantic strike is trivial.

stuff of legends wrote:
Nostra wrote:Point 2: What hell are you saying there ????? I state the one doing the ascended attack needs to have planets trained during the three hours of ascended battle. Thats more like flipping the finger to some of them dragons ^_^

lol no. It would screw over new people more, training planets to try and descend someone, they would take longer to recover than some of the older players in there if they were to be DM'ed etc.

You are trying to make it harder for people who descend, more than it is now. Not all descenders sit statless, and not all statless accounts are descenders. If you were to implement something that wasn't a gaping one sided argument then I would be more inclined to help fix the general issue of being able to grow at a fast rate, and just as easily fight without loosing large amounts of resources, on the ascended server.

Newer players first choice of actions most likely isnt to try and descend other small players.

caesar2 wrote:Good idea is to move limits on who can hit who. ... snip

Something like you can only hit people who are in the same range ToC ? (perhaps 10% more or less then your own ToC ?)

caesar2 wrote:Many ppl in past few years were calling for better ascended server, for more usefull ascended server. It graduated early in 2011, and many players realized they have to play two servers instead of 1. Me included, I quit for that reason :)

Hmm ... the idea starts to sound appealing.

renegadze wrote:lol you guys will be asking Jason to let you "undescend" yourselves with $$ soon.

While we're thinking about crazy updates, why not make it, level 39 covert can only sab those with a lower covert level if no $$ were used in purchasing that level 8-[ because surely an opposite side to your argument, have a covert power that most other players ingame can't protect against is unfair too :-"

SS Edited. Please refrain from vulgar remarks. Thank you.

I will ....

Why on earth do you bring up money things renegadze ? or you so mentally challenged you feel the need to bring that up while its off topic ?
Last edited by noone on Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Robe
Aussie Icon
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Vampyre
ID: 14876

Honours and Awards

Jason didn't force any updates on anyone.
There have been countless suggestions pinned by mods for Jason to review since April at viewtopic.php?f=32&t=180589

Nostra wrote:I would like to see the use of one's ToC tied to their military powers, and not being able to untrain them during the duration of the ascended battle.
Effectively it would if players need to build up certain amounts of stats to be able to use their ToC fully effectively, they would need to build up their planets.

Bad Idea Nostra.

The game doesn't need any more Empire Updates so large empires and their allies can send an overwhelming number of players to sit on just one (for the sole purpose of preventing them playing the game).
Buck wrote:The Great and Complex GateWars Novel!
The Forces of Light... Robe, The Novels Main Protagonist, The Polar opposite of EtL... Or is she?
Are they that different? There battles have encompassed entire careers and lives within the game, the most bitter and epic of enemies, neither will leave while the other stands... the ultimate climax, will it ever come?
Who knows. One things for sure, the Freedom Fighter is in it for the long haul, its in her head now,
and she must save the world or die trying.
2011 Descensions
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2010 Descensions
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
stuff of legends
Forum Expert

Nostra wrote:Snipers on main dont build them 10T strikes because of the losses they get when they sell of the weapons, henche why I said its useless on main, as the DMU needed for a gigantic strike is trivial.

Its hardly stopping snipers.

Nostra wrote:Newer players first choice of actions most likely isnt to try and descend other small players.

no, and they also dont get 5 bill planets to play with either or a 1 bill CER, but when the occasion arises were they do need to descend or would want to, which as the rate of TOC growth now is or how wars come by, they will be beaten down and would stay down for a decent amount of time.

Stealing renes post, if you plan to implement this in ascended then you should be looking at 3x the losses in UU for people sabbing others that are have a smaller covert level then they do in main.
Brdavs
Forum Elder
ID: 69113

Personally I don't necessarily agree with the update that was made to prevent "blocking" but this one is even worse. Piling on more misery doesnt make it better.

You have 2 segments on ascended server. Personal one, which is working quite decently, and realm, which is absolutely broken. And you suggest linking one to the other even more? How is that a good idea lol?

I mean I get it that some dont like the blocking update but come on lol. Three personal attacs = inevitably only 12.5% of your planets left. How nicely balanced that is heh.

ACing through def got nerfed without making it so that you had to train half your UU into ACers without the possibility of untraining them for 24h either lol...

If dde feels hard done by the update that prevents cheap neutralisation of opposition (lets not pretend that this is about the random GW newbies that now cant attack people with 5bil TOC lol), by all means suggest something, but keep it real lol. This just screams "butthurt". Precious little genuine thought put into it.
ImageImage For Rome!
Calibretto wrote: WIR SOLLEN *insert* AUSRADIEREN

Inserted part could be you!
noone
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): Nostradamus,Nostra,NanoBite,Drought,Darkwing Duck,Duck Dodgers,Medusa,Star Nova,System Mistress,*The Exile,ingolfúr,Belle,Lagertha.

Robe wrote:Jason didn't force any updates on anyone.
There have been countless suggestions pinned by mods for Jason to review since April at viewtopic.php?f=32&t=180589

If I say no now, would he revert it ? no ... Do we have a buttont to make it undone, no.
So its enforced.

Robe wrote:
Nostra wrote:I would like to see the use of one's ToC tied to their military powers, and not being able to untrain them during the duration of the ascended battle.
Effectively it would if players need to build up certain amounts of stats to be able to use their ToC fully effectively, they would need to build up their planets.

Bad Idea Nostra.

The game doesn't need any more Empire Updates so large empires and their allies can send an overwhelming number of players to sit on just one (for the sole purpose of preventing them playing the game).
[/quote]

You might try and make it an Empire thing Robe, but its not.
The ones 'benefitting' from it, is only a small bunch :)

stuff of legends wrote:
Nostra wrote:Snipers on main dont build them 10T strikes because of the losses they get when they sell of the weapons, henche why I said its useless on main, as the DMU needed for a gigantic strike is trivial.

Its hardly stopping snipers.

Funny, just before you mentioned you didnt see snipers building a 10T strike ... I would think it works then, or am I mistaken :)

stuff of legends wrote:
Nostra wrote:Newer players first choice of actions most likely isnt to try and descend other small players.

no, and they also dont get 5 bill planets to play with either or a 1 bill CER, but when the occasion arises were they do need to descend or would want to, which as the rate of TOC growth now is or how wars come by, they will be beaten down and would stay down for a decent amount of time.

Stealing renes post, if you plan to implement this in ascended then you should be looking at 3x the losses in UU for people sabbing others that are have a smaller covert level then they do in main.

Covert from main has been a very stable factor in the last year, right :smt101

Brdavs wrote:Personally I don't necessarily agree with the update that was made to prevent "blocking" but this one is even worse. Piling on more misery doesnt make it better.

You have 2 segments on ascended server. Personal one, which is working quite decently, and realm, which is absolutely broken. And you suggest linking one to the other even more? How is that a good idea lol?

I mean I get it that some dont like the blocking update but come on lol. Three personal attacs = inevitably only 12.5% of your planets left. How nicely balanced that is heh.

ACing through def got nerfed without making it so that you had to train half your UU into ACers without the possibility of untraining them for 24h either lol...

If dde feels hard done by the update that prevents cheap neutralisation of opposition (lets not pretend that this is about the random GW newbies that now cant attack people with 5bil TOC lol), by all means suggest something, but keep it real lol. This just screams "butthurt". Precious little genuine thought put into it.

The amount for planets tied to personal atack power, was an example, (the 50%) a smaller amount would also be good. Perhaps if people made suggestions.
And your last statement is rather **Filtered**, DDE ??? WTH man ... lets turn this around.

Its funny how The Legion are the only ones throwing the opposition to this so far :) (waits for friends of TL now)
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

I don't see the point to this (and no, I'm not involved into the war going on between DDE mH and TL), because currently we have two choices:
-descension target has no def or very little, therefore we don't need to build up strike.
-descension target has a sizable def, we might DM/Destroy it a bit, but fact remains that there will be still some def unless we do sabotage/mass the weapons to zero. There, we need to build up a strike, even more if the person has a very well balanced defense (big amount of assassins, decent assassin and def levels, big amount of def planets), as someone said already, we don't build normal untrainable planets to get the strike, and then untrain planets. As those planets are rather less efficient. Therefore we train super planets, which cannot be untrained...and there you go with your need to train planets, it's already there.
I don't see on the other hand, why there should be planets built if target doesn't have/barely has a defense to defend from the descender?
renegadze
Forum Elite

Nostra wrote:**** off you turd, your dumb ass remarks isnt helping, and stick that money argument somewhere the sun doesnt shine.

lol glad to see I post my opinion, and the first thing you have resort too is swearing and being rude.

Look grow up will you, just because your accounts are dropping like flies up there doesn't necessarily mean things have to be changed......the game has been setup this was for a LONG time, those of us that actually bothered to play the server are now reaping the rewards for our activity, it would be like us not playing main for 1-2 years then moaning they we were miles behind on covert levels and MS's alike.

Stopping any one account from being descended is easy...the fact we've managed to descend some while they continue to play main and post on the fourms is just LOL.
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
stuff of legends
Forum Expert

Nostra wrote:Funny, just before you mentioned you didnt see snipers building a 10T strike ... I would think it works then, or am I mistaken :)

Wait :-k could it be that snipers never actually build any (or small) stats to begin with. You are running around in a circle now nostra.
Brdavs
Forum Elder
ID: 69113

Nostra wrote:The amount for planets tied to personal atack power, was an example, (the 50%) a smaller amount would also be good. Perhaps if people made suggestions.
And your last statement is rather **Filtered**, DDE ??? WTH man ... lets turn this around.

Its funny how The Legion are the only ones throwing the opposition to this so far :) (waits for friends of TL now)

Well that's just what happens when you suggest an update aimed at something that blatantly favors side A against side B and serves no general purpose. People from side B have the most to say about it.

As for the 50% being an example, what is your genuine suggestion than? Cos it really doesn't matter, any % rating like that is overkill in the short-medium run. Half it to 25 and it'll take 6 hits to be decimated. make it only 10% and you're still looking at loosing what, nearly 45-50% of your planets for the standard 5 hits it takes you to drop a decent fella? So you get like 2-3 guys you can try to descend untill you're cleaned out lol.

Your suggestion for combating the fact attackers don't have to build up anything (which is only true if the defender doesn't have anything built btw) is to make it so that attacker is forced to build and the defender is playing it best if he just sits pretty at 0 def, DMs the attacker a couple of times and then builds a def cos the attacking party won't even have the planets to get over the 20x power limit for his latter direct assaults lol.
You can't simply put in crippling penalties for attacker at no cost to the defender while you have existing limitations in place. Might as well take out the "assault directly" button altogether. You'd know this if you gave it more than a glancing "ye that'd mess up TLs game plan" thought lol.

Again, physical realm stuff is shot to heck. Personal stuff is conditionally working decently and is the only reason people still play ascended. They're in an uneasy balance as it is.

This would work well only if you took out the requirements of having to be in a certain size range to hit or have a certain multiplayer of power to assault directly. Otherwise you're basically killing the only working aspect of the server. And if you do take those requirements out then planets are basically worthless and the whole change misses its point.

Now is the fact you can't have zerglings rush a big TOC to keep it at bay worthy of the effort to do a general redesign of how physical and personal interact and are limited and the potential swan song of the ascended server as it drowns back into total inactivity? Guess it depends on the POV. Somehow I'm leaning towards the less draconian and more thoroughly thought out measures lol.

I'd look into not making DM obscenely OP hence making the power multiplier more relevant - but then again, that opens up a whole new can of worms and just as likely can't be done due to existing disparities across the server. The horse that is physical needs to be put down, not saddled down with personal even more, to the detriment of them both.
ImageImage For Rome!
Calibretto wrote: WIR SOLLEN *insert* AUSRADIEREN

Inserted part could be you!
noone
Forum Elite

renegadze wrote:
Nostra wrote:**** off you turd, your dumb ass remarks isnt helping, and stick that money argument somewhere the sun doesnt shine.

lol glad to see I post my opinion, and the first thing you have resort too is swearing and being rude.

Look grow up will you, just because your accounts are dropping like flies up there doesn't necessarily mean things have to be changed......the game has been setup this was for a LONG time, those of us that actually bothered to play the server are now reaping the rewards for our activity, it would be like us not playing main for 1-2 years then moaning they we were miles behind on covert levels and MS's alike.

Stopping any one account from being descended is easy...the fact we've managed to descend some while they continue to play main and post on the fourms is just LOL.

I need to grow up ???
Again, SS Edited

Crawl back in to the sewer you slithered out of !!!

... stop trying to be cool in front of your friends :)

Acting all high and mighty .... attempting below the belt jabs ... well ... one more time .. piss off, and stick that personal opinion next to your money comment :)
And Yes, I always become rude if people make **Filtered** comments like yours :)

stuff of legends wrote:
Nostra wrote:Funny, just before you mentioned you didnt see snipers building a 10T strike ... I would think it works then, or am I mistaken :)

Wait :-k could it be that snipers never actually build any (or small) stats to begin with. You are running around in a circle now nostra.

I thought the general idea behind a sniper is they build stats to attack and quickly sold it before it got destroyed. (attacking with stats and removing it before something can happen to it)

Brdavs wrote:
Nostra wrote:The amount for planets tied to personal atack power, was an example, (the 50%) a smaller amount would also be good. Perhaps if people made suggestions.

Well that's just what happens when you suggest an update aimed at something that blatantly favors side A against side B and serves no general purpose. People from side B have the most to say about it.

Actually, it didnt favor any side, it prevented/made harder, of one side to roam about descending when they want. If your a strong power, you get attention, right ?

Brdavs wrote:As for the 50% being an example, what is your genuine suggestion than? Cos it really doesn't matter, any % rating like that is overkill in the short-medium run. Half it to 25 and it'll take 6 hits to be decimated. make it only 10% and you're still looking at loosing what, nearly 45-50% of your planets for the standard 5 hits it takes you to drop a decent fella? So you get like 2-3 guys you can try to descend untill you're cleaned out lol.

That would only happen if you try to descend people actively all the time.
Right now, the people with very high ToC's can do all they want and go about how they please hitting anyone they like .... (within the boundries ofc)

Another option, how about doing a maximum descension, like, you can max descend 1 person per week, making you unable to do another ascended attack on someone for that week.?

Brdavs wrote:Your suggestion for combating the fact attackers don't have to build up anything (which is only true if the defender doesn't have anything built btw) is to make it so that attacker is forced to build and the defender is playing it best if he just sits pretty at 0 def, DMs the attacker a couple of times and then builds a def cos the attacking party won't even have the planets to get over the 20x power limit for his latter direct assaults lol.
You can't simply put in crippling penalties for attacker at no cost to the defender while you have existing limitations in place. Might as well take out the "assault directly" button altogether. You'd know this if you gave it more than a glancing "ye that'd mess up TLs game plan" thought lol.

Honest, yes, it is to limit the so called dragons free game play of how they want, cos realy, it just effects a small group, namely the Legion's.

I'm trying to limit it, better said, get it limited.
I gotta say, removing the descension option all together isnt a bad idea too :)

Brdavs wrote:Again, physical realm stuff is shot to heck. Personal stuff is conditionally working decently and is the only reason people still play ascended. They're in an uneasy balance as it is.

This would work well only if you took out the requirements of having to be in a certain size range to hit or have a certain multiplayer of power to assault directly. Otherwise you're basically killing the only working aspect of the server. And if you do take those requirements out then planets are basically worthless and the whole change misses its point.

Now is the fact you can't have zerglings rush a big TOC to keep it at bay worthy of the effort to do a general redesign of how physical and personal interact and are limited and the potential swan song of the ascended server as it drowns back into total inactivity? Guess it depends on the POV. Somehow I'm leaning towards the less draconian and more thoroughly thought out measures lol.

I'd look into not making DM obscenely OP hence making the power multiplier more relevant - but then again, that opens up a whole new can of worms and just as likely can't be done due to existing disparities across the server. The horse that is physical needs to be put down, not saddled down with personal even more, to the detriment of them both.

As it is now, the players with very high ToC's have all the advantages, ofc they are entitled to some advantages for putting the work in .... but as it stands now, its overkill.
Last edited by noone on Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

Another option, how about doing a maximum descension, like, you can max descend 1 person per week, making you unable to do another ascended attack on someone for that week.?

That would cause a huge unbalance. The only favored ones would be alliances filled with good ToCs, each member would descend a target per week, so if majority of this group has good ToC, they would do almost as well as they could do now. On the other hand, the alliances with few good ToCs, no matter the quality of their enemy's ascended accounts, would be hugely unfavored.
noone
Forum Elite

Cole wrote:

That would cause a huge unbalance. The only favored ones would be alliances filled with good ToCs, each member would descend a target per week, so if majority of this group has good ToC, they would do almost as well as they could do now. On the other hand, the alliances with few good ToCs, no matter the quality of their enemy's ascended accounts, would be hugely unfavored.

True, so that would be a bad appraoch, what approach would you suggest to put some limits on high ToC players attacking players with small ToC's but who are in their planet size range ?
stuff of legends
Forum Expert

Nostra wrote:
stuff of legends wrote:

I thought the general idea behind a sniper is they build stats to attack and quickly sold it before it got destroyed. (attacking with stats and removing it before something can happen to it)

Then you already have the answer to your suggestion implemented. It takes 20x an enemies defence to engage in an ascension battle, 'super' planets are 5x untrained planets and they are not untrainable. If you were to say...build a defence, then it would at the very least postpone the descension attack if not force the player to build an attack, big or small. So perhaps instead of seeing your alliance mates bite the bullet and get descended you could ask them to build a defence, provoking some stats to be built to take them down. You learn something new every day nostra.
Then again if you really wanted to even the odds, you could always make weapons account for at least something other than some small change found in your pocket. 1 bill weps equates to about 167 trill DMU, which is probably the average income of a full day of all the players combined. So they are practically worthless.

Return to “Suggestions”