The Tauri Iris

myFriend
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

he sed he might be reading it worng and this case he was. the way he did his wording was ment that if he read it right then he was calling you an ass BUT if you read it wrong he is not and he is sarry
I am dyslexic and i did do spell check. sarry for the type-o's

i will face my fears and let them past though me; we live we die... but not in vain; OO for cying out loud; Sir with all disrespect, I don't give a dam
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

Ah!!

had wires crossed there - when you said wolf I thouhgt you were talking to me - but it was the other guy.

:-D :-D
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
myFriend
Fledgling Forumer

talking to all you that were jumping on him and not letting him speek you to wolf

i will face my fears and let them past though me; we live we die... but not in vain; OO for cying out loud; Sir with all disrespect, I don't give a dam
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

myFriend wrote:talking to all you that were jumping on him and not letting him speek you to wolf

Perhaps people wouldn't have had a go at him if he hadn't been insulting - which he was, in my opinion (and since he was talking to me it is the only opinion that matters).

Anyway - this was all cleared up between the two of us days ago and has had moderator intervention, so I do not see the point in bringing it back up.
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
dmwolfman[TA]
Forum Newbie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
ID: 12056

There was mod intervention? lol
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

I've sent you a pm to clarify that comment.
Mod Speak
Lord Wraith

I reckon the ideal sounds good but also want to add to present ideals like seige weapon connection to seige upgrades for example you cant get invisibilty technology unless you have dominated world. Spying & sabbing should be counted in your attack turns & not covert capacity. There should be a maxium as too how many times you attack & be attacked in a period of 24 hrs
Methos
Forum Newbie

i think having an iris would be cool for all races. The goa'uld have had force shields on there gates which Asgard could easily produce and reps could just form there blocks over the gate. This would mean to attack someone you would have to upgrade your siege tech to have a ship to attack and it would slow down advancement through the ranks. Also your attack rank would go down you could choose on each attack to go by ship or gate or both and you could only use the appropriate weapons. You can't take death gliders through the gate and targeted gate weapons can't be taken on ships. Also I was dissapointed when I upgraded to a hatak and lost my alkesh, I wanted both.
Methos
Forum Newbie

Shiloh wrote:
Wolf359 wrote:
Isn't it possible to disassemble x-302s to take them throught the gate? ).

But would it be practical to assemble an x-302 during an attack let alone 50 of them
myFriend
Fledgling Forumer

Methos wrote:
Shiloh wrote:
Wolf359 wrote:
But would it be practical to assemble an x-302 during an attack let alone 50 of them
it would if it was a near by planet

firebrand

I like all wolf359's ideas.
Methos
Forum Newbie

So you dismantle your 302s and take them through the gate put them together while the enemy stands by waiting for you to get ready then attack. Then if you loose the battle and have to flee the battle field do you get to stop and dismantle your 302s and take them back through the gate or do you loose them all
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

Methos wrote:
Shiloh wrote:
Wolf359 wrote:

Hmm, don't think it was actually me that said that - i agree completely, totally impractical.
Mod Speak
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

Methos wrote:So you dismantle your 302s and take them through the gate put them together while the enemy stands by waiting for you to get ready then attack. Then if you loose the battle and have to flee the battle field do you get to stop and dismantle your 302s and take them back through the gate or do you loose them all
lol
Last edited by ~Phoenix~ on Sat May 21, 2005 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Valhalla
Fledgling Forumer

Thats the major disadvantage of the size of a stargate u cant take any big equipment through thats why most races have ships to move, troops and equipment around. Any way there has to be a disadvantage for this method any way things tend to give with one hand instentaniuse travle and take with the other one way travle and the size of the gate.
Thats life for u :-D

Return to “Suggestions Archive”