Ombudsman Case Archives
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: im not a racist

ANIMAL MOTHER wrote:i say this is a highly profesional attitude compared to that day
It may be professional compared to then, but it still is unprofessional. I recommend you cool down right now and form a coherent argument explaining in detail why you set a racial context ("Oh massa") and threw the image in to try and see how long you could sneak out from under the rule against 'racism'.
ANIMAL MOTHER
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: bad kids
Race: RIP KP (if your dead
ID: 48299

julie i love you, so i will heed your advice and calm down and take a break from this....

but i wasnt trying to crawl away from racisim it never was racisim to begin with

and to prove that to you ill pm you my msn and you can name ANYTHING and i will explain how it COULD be taken as racist in the usa where EVREYTHING is racist
old siggies
Trade Feedback
ANIMAL MOTHER
Fledgling Forumer

Eärendil wrote:sighs

First off, You, like Roket did(who knows better now) think that I hate them, which is false, I don't hate anyone ;) I don't even dislike you actually.

Secondly, I never said, with that warning, that you were racist, instead that your 'ooc' text along with your signature related to a racist context, at least here in the USA.

Also, to correct you, fried chicken does not relate at all to fat white women, instead if also relates to African Americans in a derivative manner along with watermelon.

now that i am calm..... i do think we should talk of this more privatly via msn

balthazarthegreatsgw@hotmail.com
old siggies
Trade Feedback
ANIMAL MOTHER
Fledgling Forumer

pm's are to slow

maby we can work somethin out maby we cant.... but im willing to ATTEMPT to make peace
old siggies
Trade Feedback
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

ANIMAL MOTHER wrote:pm's are to slow
maby we can work somethin out maby we cant.... but im willing to ATTEMPT to make peace
This isn't a negotiation, AM. ;) Reaching staff usually works best on their own terms.
ANIMAL MOTHER
Fledgling Forumer

ربهالنوع wrote:
This isn't a negotiation, AM. ;) Reaching staff usually works best on their own terms.

reaching me works on mine, im not lookin to play a 2 hour game of cat and bouse when a 12 minit convo could work just as well
old siggies
Trade Feedback
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

ANIMAL MOTHER wrote:
ربهالنوع wrote:
reaching me works on mine, im not lookin to play a 2 hour game of cat and bouse when a 12 minit convo could work just as well
You forget, that it is not the staff who needs to reach you, but you who need to reach the staff. Or so I deduce from the thread so far.
ANIMAL MOTHER
Fledgling Forumer

:P thats beside the point

now back to it

from what i understand there was nothin wrong with my sigie but only the caption

simple solution remove the caption and talk to me about it

this whole dealy could have taken 10 seconds to sort out but it had to be like this

i want my siggie put back and the warnin removed

my peace or non peace with eary has nothing to do with this and will be kept off this thread atleast till the saidf peace has been maid or not maid
old siggies
Trade Feedback
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

ANIMAL MOTHER wrote:this whole dealy could have taken 10 seconds to sort out but it had to be like this
Exactly, and you created this situation. You had the power to sort this out in 10 seconds but you chose to create a huge scene instead. I hope you come to some sort of resolution and learn from this.
Image ImageImageImage
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

Duck Dodgers wrote:
Clarkey wrote:
Duck Dodgers wrote:Thanks for the underlined part Clarkey, and making us aware hahaha
I never said I supported the action taken, just confirming what the issue actually is. In fact, I did not know watermelons had any link to racism until I saw this issue.

Ahh same here :)
Was not trying to pull your leg or anything, was just funny :P

I have to say this watermelon situation has a very high rofl-factor

had no idea either, and will google it cos it seems very weird to me :s...

Guess we will be banning the use of rainbows, frogs, cows, bacon and other sensitive objects in future?

personally I associate watermelons with Jennifer Grey in the movie dirty dancing..
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
ANIMAL MOTHER
Fledgling Forumer

seraphim wrote:
Duck Dodgers wrote:
Clarkey wrote:
Duck Dodgers wrote:Thanks for the underlined part Clarkey, and making us aware hahaha
I never said I supported the action taken, just confirming what the issue actually is. In fact, I did not know watermelons had any link to racism until I saw this issue.

Ahh same here :)
Was not trying to pull your leg or anything, was just funny :P

I have to say this watermelon situation has a very high rofl-factor

had no idea either, and will google it cos it seems very weird to me :s...

Guess we will be banning the use of rainbows, frogs, cows, bacon and other sensitive objects in future?

personally I associate watermelons with Jennifer Grey in the movie dirty dancing..

trust me inn usa there is not a single word not attacked to a derogatory comment :smt021
old siggies
Trade Feedback
Psyko
The Irresistible

I would appreciate it if everyone who has posted here take a break and let me sort this out for a few moments.

~Psyko
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

ربهالنوع wrote:apparently fried chicken and watermelons are racist in the USA.

It's not straight up racist. But racists associate watermelons, fried chicken and koolaid to the black community. As you said, the signature is assigning the watermelon to the black man. The massa bit alludes to slavery and to the black community being uneducated. It's a popular phrase for racists when mocking the black community as being uneducated and subservient to the white community. And since he wants so badly to associate this blatantly racist signature with his multi, the multi then also becomes blatantly racist.

It's not a matter of just having some watermelons and a black guy. It's not about a black person eating watermelon. Though that in it's own right just falls right back into racial stereotyping. It's the way the quote was worded, combined with what the quote was saying and then associating that quote with a black man.

Personally, I'd be willing to accept the argument of ignorance and defend the OP, had it not been for the quote. However, every last bit of the signature just plays right into the whole racial stereotypes of uneducated black individuals having an insatiable appetite for watermelon.

In the end, when I call something racist and wrong, you should probably just give up. You're likely going to have the whole world against you at that point.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
~Dä Vinci~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅÅE
Race: I Love Lampey!
ID: 1992329
Alternate name(s): ~Tom~, Andy, Field marshall, ETL, Huxley, rudy, borek, rocky, C2, bruno, harsasnails, robe, R8, couzens, Lord Katsumoto, Da reno, The Queen of england, and a pineapple but only on sundays.
Location: In Side Daku While playing on multis and useing my scripts

wow never thought a thread about watermelons could get so long :smt081 :smt081

Matt: I like men, especially when they are bent over in the shower.

Trade Feedback
Psyko
The Irresistible

Really guys?!

If you want to actually discuss this, take it to the debate section. Don't make me split topics and move this on my own. Be mature about this and take it up elsewhere.

kaythanksbye :mad:
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC

Return to “Case Archives”