Recreational Drugs - Should they be legal ?

Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

Re: Recreational Drugs - Should they be legal ?

acually you dont have to smoke it, ThC can be taken in pill form and also ingested by cooking it into foods...........

just some food for thought :P

or how aboout a vaporizor?
also all the other postive effect that come from legalizing weed.... :P

EDIT: and yes if it was legalized I would smoke it more, yes im biased. YES I love weed, whats it to you?
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite
Race: Tollan
ID: 0

Removed
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.
Rocky
Tollan
Race: Italian Stallion

Kit-Fox wrote:
Rocky wrote:as i said before i guess all that lovely information there makes smoking so much better. Concentrate on smoking or illegal drugs, are they necessary?? like for example how transport is necessary for us?
Also
Unless you live in Tokyo in the middle of the City and walk 2hours a day through traffic lights to work to and fro i doubt that traffic is more dangerous than smoking.

Id like some proof before i believe that.

No they arent required for life. On that basis the following would be banned;

Television/Film
Fiction Books (in fact anything that isnt some soft of factual book like a manual or dictionary type of book)
All kinds of music
many types of clothes (after all how many do you really need for life?)
Personal Computers
PDAs/Smarthpones
GPS (you can read a map right?)

Shall I go on or is the point getting across?

are they all as harmful as smoking or other illegal drugs?
TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage
Rocky
Tollan

again id like some proof,
"The first global study into the effects of passive smoking has found it causes 600,000 deaths every year."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-11844169

thats 600,000people who die because someone else smoked. :smt021
and the point is that its not necessary, at all, ever.

this is just passive smoking though,

33 percent to 50 percent of all smokers are killed by their habit.
Smokers die on average 15 years sooner than nonsmokers.

Now i wonder what kind the statistics are for Heroin or Crystal meth.

do any of those items listed do that kind of harm?
TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

there is no passive smoke found in the use of a vaporizer, nor in the use of ingestion..........
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

GrizzZzzly wrote:Your clutching at straws here. Of Course its not 100% efficient but normally over 90% efficient. It's outside in the open too. Which allows the poluted gas to diffuse.

@KMA Avenger, I replied to the post addressed to my post. You can go babble as much as you want but since you didnt address my post, why are you throwing up a fit if I don't respond to you?

Also by the looks of it you have not one shred of proof for any of your wild accusations.

i don't post in any thread just because i like to waste my time "babbling".
its also not my place to educate you or to supply you with proof of stuff that up until 60 or so years ago-was common knowledge.

i gave you the links, you can read them and then research to see if its true or not, either way i don't give a rats behind ;)

and PS, i never aimed my post at you or any individual here, it was at all of you who are quick to argue and slow to learn.

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
GrizzZzzly
Furling
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Bear
ID: 29003

John D. Rockefeller wrote:
Rocky wrote:

music...

concerts needing crowd control comes to mind :-k

GPS/smartphones/PCs...

technological dependence decreases your chance of survival without it, one could argue the lack of knowledge regarding basic necessities is deadly

concerts needing crowd control is a bad example. Sure every couple of years a crowd goes out of control and makes headlines but how many concerts are held every year in every country in the world? and compare that to the deaths it causes....Furthermore, these incidents could have been prevented with proper planning. The fact that these are accidents means this isnt a typical side effects to a concert. With drugs, everyone takes them knowing full well the consequences/effects.

Difference with GPS/smartphines/PCs... and recreational drugs are that these gadgets have a practical value/reason to be used. To quicken communication, ensure you drive the right direction....also it's entirely theoretical. There's absolutely no hard evidence to prove it.
Spoiler
[TL]Brdavs says:
I reckon his mum gonna get him socks and stuff
time for me to step up :P
keep the childhood rolling
you know its over when you start getting underwear for christmas
I still tear up when I remember when my childhood ended like that
poof
one year legos
next year "brdavs, you`re 23 dont you think youre a bit old for legos now"
brutal I tell you
Spoiler
Mordack wrote:Personally, I am not a huge fan of life. I am of the general opinion that, from start to finish, it's painful and miserable; and that anybody that tells you differently is either trying to have sex with you or sell or you something.

Similarly, I believe that people in general are inherently flawed. Deep down, we are programmed to hurt one another; either physically or emotionally. People are naturally selfish and greedy; governed more by bestial urges than common sense or ethics. Society is a terrible thing, too. The more supposedly civilized we become, the more immorality and decadence become the main staple of our daily diet.

Before Lost concluded, my main flippant excuse for not killing myself was that I wanted to know how it ended. I will get back to you with a new one when I find it.
Spoiler
EPA BMMJ13 says:
:(
you should go eat
like 30 of them 32 oz steaks
Stanley says:
im stuffed right now
EPA BMMJ13 says:
store them in your cheeks for later
lone dragon
Forum Expert
Race: something

Rocky wrote:again id like some proof,
"The first global study into the effects of passive smoking has found it causes 600,000 deaths every year."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-11844169

thats 600,000people who die because someone else smoked. :smt021
and the point is that its not necessary, at all, ever.

this is just passive smoking though,

33 percent to 50 percent of all smokers are killed by their habit.
Smokers die on average 15 years sooner than nonsmokers.

Now i wonder what kind the statistics are for Heroin or Crystal meth.

I remember that LSD was more additive and harmful that heroin but do you want me to find a study?
Spoiler
天龍; Fight a good fight...as I will rise from the ashes..
Rocky
Tollan

i don't know, if you have a point to make please do.

I was just saying how smoking serves no purpose at all, and on top of that is dangerous and harmful. The same can be said for most illegal drugs, the few illegal drugs that have a purpose are illegal because clearly their usefulness is outweighed by their harmfulness.
TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
ID: 81691

Iƒrit wrote:acually you dont have to smoke it, ThC can be taken in pill form and also ingested by cooking it into foods...........

just some food for thought :P

or how aboout a vaporizor?
also all the other postive effect that come from legalizing weed.... :P

EDIT: and yes if it was legalized I would smoke it more, yes im biased. YES I love weed, whats it to you?

Totally agree,

There was a TV documentary a few years back that looked at the possibility of a small business model if weed was legalised, it assumed the tobacco manufacturers would instantly take over the smoking side with mass production and recognised the harmful effects of smoking so instead focused on using a couple of warehouses to grow high quality weed hydroponically to be an ingredient in a high end box of cannabis chocolates aimed at dinner parties. Seemed to be a great hypothetical plan.

One true thing that my old school taught us was that soft drugs lead to harder drugs, I started off smoking relatively harmless cannabis and ended up addicted to highly toxic tobacco. Most people first experiment with drugs in their teens as I did, they dont have the quantities of something like cannabis needed to make it into food, or the skills/confidence to make it into food without ruining it, so they smoke it mixed with tobacco. If it were legal and available in a tablet or food, with an age restriction, clear labeling on dosage, effects and possible side effects, not only would it be less of a 'rebellious teenager' thing to do but those who did try it would be know exactly what the were taking, have the facts about it, but most importantly they would not become addicted to deadly tobacco.

IMO legalising Cannabis would not only allow the courts/police to better use a large amount of currently wasted time & money, not only generate extra taxes, not only create jobs, but would also save lives by reducing exposure to tobacco.

Couple of points I missed replying to before

1 ) War on drugs - What a ridiculous concept, great for politicians sucking up to the media but fact is it cant work, it has never worked, just look at prohibition in the US, all making things illegal does is create criminals, and the nastiest criminals are usually the ones making the most money, make things legal and there is control through taxation, regulation and inspection. You cant over come supply & demand, you can have it in the open, or you can have it underground/blackmarket but when people are willing to pay there will always be someone willing to sell.

2) Car emissions comparison - They are deadly, CO2 is bad in oh so many ways, and not all cars have catalytic converters, I drive a classic Golf Mk2 it doesn't have one. Also cars are only deemed essential today because of decades of centralising jobs to increase profits, decades of neglecting public transport to save money, and decades of marketing to make cars a status symbol and toy to part us from our hard earned cash, make us pay even more taxes and generally keep all the money spinning round in circles, tis the disposable, consumerist way.

3) Comparing to other legal yet harmful things - Just look around you, not just the Cigarettes & Alcohol, but the junk food loaded with fat, salt and preservatives, this kills people everyday, cars kill people everyday, and not on essential work journeys but usually on recreational drives, unfamiliar roads, messing about for fun, people die playing contact sports, pets like dogs can kill people, look up the statistics on 'in the home' or 'gardening' accidents, even guns are for sale in many countries perfectly legally. there are countless legal things that do far far more harm that some of the currently illegal drugs.

ps

Lone Dragon, I took LSD ( Strawberrys and microdots ) back in my mid teens, did it maybe dozen or so times, it is NOT in any way addictive. BUT although I and most my friends always had a good time in hindsight we did some very stupid things while tripping and were lucky not to get hurt, I also heard of a of few people who had very bad trips and spending 8+ hours just wishing they hadnt dropping it. I certainly would NOT recommend LSD to anyone.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
Rocky
Tollan

Rocky wrote:i don't know, if you have a point to make please do.

I was just saying how smoking serves no purpose at all, and on top of that is dangerous and harmful.

hang gliding
motor cycle riding
sky diving

gonna ban those too? :roll:

your making the same point again, its a fair point, but how harmful are those really? do they kill 600 thousand people a year because someone around those people does those activities?
show me how harmful and i might be swayed.
TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage
Rocky
Tollan

Rocky wrote:

I was just saying how smoking serves no purpose at all, and on top of that is dangerous and harmful.

hang gliding
motor cycle riding
sky diving

your making the same point again, its a fair point, but how harmful are those really? do they kill 600 thousand people a year because someone around those people does those activities?

I'm sure the death rate for those involved in motor cycle accidents is fairly high

it has a useful purpose, i keep repeating myself, smoking does not have a useful purpose and it is very harmful.

Give me something that is both that which is currently legal? Motorcycles are a form of transport, where fatalities are higher than with a car, yes but not close to fatalities of smoking. Not even close to fatalities caused by just passive smoking. On top of that smoking has no purpose.
TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage
Rocky
Tollan

Rocky wrote:
Rocky wrote:

hang gliding
motor cycle riding
sky diving

I'm sure the death rate for those involved in motor cycle accidents is fairly high

it has a useful purpose, i keep repeating myself, smoking does not have a useful purpose and it is very harmful.

Give me something that is both that which is currently legal? Motorcycles are a form of transport, where fatalities are higher than with a car, yes but not close to fatalities of smoking. Not even close to fatalities caused by just passive smoking. On top of that smoking has no purpose.

smoking can be a form of relaxation and stress relief, so yes it serves a purpose just the same as a motor cycle

there are less hazardous ways to reduce stress, just as there are less hazardous ways to travel

which is why i actually think its up to everyone to choose whether they want to smoke or not, provided they know the consequences, however banning smoking in public areas was the right idea because i don't think others should have to suffer because one person wants to smoke to relax.
TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
ID: 81691

I was just saying how smoking serves no purpose at all, and on top of that is dangerous and harmful. The same can be said for most illegal drugs, the few illegal drugs that have a purpose are illegal because clearly their usefulness is outweighed by their harmfulness.

The purpose of recreational drugs are no different to leisure activities, people do the things they enjoy, many things people enjoy are not good for them, and many things people enjoy have an element of risk.

As for this 600K deaths number you keep repeating, thats for a LEGAL highly addictive and highly toxic drug called Nicotine. Nothing to do with Cannabis or MDMA, I dont know if your figures are right, but your making my point for me, this LEGAL drug if very harmful whereas many illegal drugs are not harmful.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
lone dragon
Forum Expert
Race: something

Rocky wrote:
Rocky wrote:
Rocky wrote:

hang gliding
motor cycle riding
sky diving

smoking can be a form of relaxation and stress relief, so yes it serves a purpose just the same as a motor cycle

there are less hazardous ways to reduce stress, just as there are less hazardous ways to travel

which is why i actually think its up to everyone to choose whether they want to smoke or not, provided they know the consequences, however banning smoking in public areas was the right idea because i don't think others should have to suffer because someone wants to smoke.

so you agree it has a purpose?

yes its purpose is to make money and give you cancer..
Last edited by lone dragon on Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler
天龍; Fight a good fight...as I will rise from the ashes..

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”