Ability to 'Charge' main account using ascended resources

Suggest any improvements
Dizzy
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

Ability to 'Charge' main account using ascended resources

Each ascended account has a main realm worshiper (or at least should have). Wouldn't it make sense for the ascended being 'god' to bestow gifts on to the main realm worshiper using its excess will (life force cache). For each conversion, although direct from dmu to naq/UU it would consume a % (start with 50%) of the ascended being's maximum ALF and reserves cannot be used for this process.

A conversion of something like:

25bil dmu to 1bil naq
20tril dmu to 1mil UU
*no dmu for AT's conversion* (there are already enough around the place)

To counteract the imbalance on main that could be potentially caused by this, remove the daimon penalites and have a UP and income bonus for unascended accounts over a certain size (say 10-20mil)

You *could* potentially place restrictions on the army size of accounts that could receive gifts (plague cap - due to god striking down a certain % of population on main acct each turn).

this would help to link ascended and main more and could encourage more people to take ascended seriously due to the main benefits

(flame away)
Sarevok
Forum Addict
Race: NanoTiMaster

Re: Ability to 'Charge' main account using ascended resources

I personally like the idea of a ascended/main interaction, I've always wanted to send stuff to ascended, without ascending, and through someone else . . .
Dr Toboggan
Forum Grunt
ID: 1986375
Alternate name(s): Dr Toboggan

nice in theory but I don't think it would work. At your rates listed, I'd be able to get like 18m uu or 15t naq a day. And I'm nowhere near the real big ascended accounts. I'm sure you could change the rates around or whatever, but basically it would boil down to either the rates where too low for anyone but the big accounts to get anything or it would be high enough for the small guys to get something but the big guys would make a killing and it would throw off the balance of the game. And if you throw plague cap limits in it would just mean that everyone in main hits the plague cap like tons of people have hit the 2b size in ascended, or they would sell off uu when hitting the cap and there just would be a ridiculous amount of excess uu floating around in main. Maybe if you added something like either decreasing returns or increasing cost to do it, it might work. It might also be cool if instead of converting to uu/naq it would be able to increase your MS or planet upgrades in main or something.
SG
Forum Irregular
Race: Replicator
ID: 41408

Instead of a set amount of dmu, it can be a mix based on planet size, and income.

That way it scales somewhat and the relative cost for a huge account would 'cost' the same as a small one.

Also depending on how the interaction between 'servers', it can even be based off the army size in main account. (This is to cover the situation when someone has a big army in main, never plays ascended.) From what it looks like, it seems to be a one way street and the main server only 'talks' to the ascended when one ascends.
    generaloneill
    Forum Regular
    Alliance: lone wolf
    Race: Tollan
    ID: 6258

nope, this would be unbalanced.
    ThakalluS
    Forum Intermediate
    Alliance: The Legion
    Race: System Lord / ORI

Ascended is growing at much higher rate than main ... so you cant just have one rate everytime.
    There are already DMU sales going around ....
    so, NO.

"We have made a desert and called it peace"
    - Scipio Africanus
    Lore
    Fountain of Wisdom
    Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
    Race: System Lord / AJNA
    ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Thakallus wrote:Ascended is growing at much higher rate than main ... so you cant just have one rate everytime.
    There are already DMU sales going around ....
    so, NO.

the accelerated growth in ascended is one of the main problems now.

I say no as well.
    schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
    Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
    Reason, youll get dead.
    Dizzy
    Fledgling Forumer

Ok - Have rates be scaled against potential income, taking into account your production lvls and total planet size (highest potential income is all planets trained as labour planets)

I was thinking something along the lines of one days worth of income at the highest potential income for that account to = 1tril naq / 1.4mil naq.

To stop abuse of this - it requires a certain charisma and production level so to do this (total planets/7,500,000) meaning that everyone has an exchange rate that is relative to their size and char/prod levels.

Additionally you could add in the function to sacrifice main realm resources to boost ascended accounts using a higher APP rate than ascending, as it is a gift.
    Mojo Rising
    Forum Irregular
    ID: 1975707

Folks, I suggested this a year and a half ago to Jason. His reply: "I will look into it" That is Jason speak for "I am not going to even consider this idea because it has merit and it means that I look like an idiot because I didn't think of it". If Jason ever tells you that an idea is "still on the table" or that he is "still looking into it", it means that the Apocalypse will happen more quickly than your idea being implemented.

All of the things that are wrong with ascension now, I had solved a year and a half ago with several of my suggestions. Had those suggestions been implemented, we would not have the joke of an ascension server that we have today. But since they were well thought out, benefitted EVERYBODY, and didn't bend ANYONE over the table, they were immediately dismissed because Jason, at some point, would have to admit that he made a mistake in the initial implementation of some of his updates. HORRORS! The beautiful thing is that, people are still naive enough to post in this forum, thinking that Jason actually reads this stuff. I can tell you for a fact that he does not. He also does not know what goes on in his game beyond what he "codes" and how much activity is on a particular server. That is how he judges the success or failure of updates, whether or not there is an increase in activity on the server. Doesn't matter WHY there is increased activity, just so long as there is. It's a good thing that Jason is not a doctor. His treatment for everything would be to apply massive shock to the body. Because I tell you when you apply 50,000 volts to someone you get a LOT of activity (until you cook them and they die). Lots of activity is not a good gauge on how to base the success or failure of an update either. But don't try tellling Jason that, because that is high heresy in his narrow minded world view. But keep plugging along. It is good to see idealists like yourselves throwing yourselves on the rocks of indifference. You remind me of me when I was younger. Good luck in your quest, Don Quixote!
    TheRook
    Forum Addict
    Alliance: Warlords of Briton
    Race: Humanoid
    ID: 30679

you would have to limit it quite heavily... to x amount of UU/day or x amount of naq a day

so that no big/medium account can get a huge advantage over a smaller one... but to be honest its easy to grow in ascension

I dont think 200kUU/day or 120bill naq from your ascended account is a bad thing at a cost of say... 12 hours income/12 hours CER

this will mean its more for bigger accounts but less for little accounts but also limit it to those about 1bill armysize (which is REALLY REALLY easy to achieve nowadays with DMU trades)

TheRook

edit
    or you could cap the UU/income day based on turn income/base UP in main?
    My Account for Sale (cold hard cash) at the link below (Have a look its a great deal!)
    http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=174111

Main ID = 30679 | Ascended ID = 1467
    repli**cator
    Forum Intermediate
    Alliance: SOLO
    Race: RepliTiMaster
    ID: 65108
    Alternate name(s): makanko
    ~mak~

no, it has been asked before but it's impoosible viewing current ascended growth and it'll continue to grow exponentielly while main is not yet so much affected but with this main will become very much inbalanced aswell
    POWER to the repli/nanoti !
    Role Playing
    "Be sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear"
    SG
    Forum Irregular
    Race: Replicator
    ID: 41408

What Mojo Rising said was quite insightful. I can see that.

On a related note, it seems like my previous post seems to have been totally skipped over. Or maybe the idea wasn't 'refined' enough. *shrugs* At least I can say I got the ball rolling on the dynamic dmu price instead of a set one.
      Nigatsu_Aka
      Forum Elder

I don`t understand why people insist in developing that sucky server. Once the server is screwed what`s the point in screwing main by linking them?
      Infinity
      Forum Intermediate
      Alliance: Endgame

Why complicating things, when you can keep them simple???
      Lore
      Fountain of Wisdom
      Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
      Race: System Lord / AJNA
      ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

iNFiNiTY wrote:Why complicating things, when you can keep them simple???

I've asked that many times over, but seems jason likes complicated
      schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
      Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
      Reason, youll get dead.

Return to “Suggestions”