Bowling, the fun Tauri pass-time

All Tauri and Tollan discussion
Nuto vixen
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Bowling, the fun Tauri pass-time

Does anyone really love bowling?

I have started becoming quite fond of this game. The only thing stopping me from doing it more often is the fact that its quite expensive and there isn't really a decent local bowling alley.

I don't think that any Asgard would ever really appreciate the game as us though, due to the fact that they have small manky little hands and they will need to try and stick them in the 3 holes... Not going to happen.

And i can see Goauld taking it far too seriously and not being very graceful when they lose to me.

Replicators... well, I live in a galaxy where there are no longer an issue, so they definitely wont be playing.

It's not a matter of luck; it's just a matter of time.
King Austin
Forum Grunt
Alliance: The Legion of Dawn
Race: Tollan
ID: 6088

Re: Bowling, the fun Tauri pass-time

Bowling is great fun. I get to go every week for work. I take a group of kids with disabilities every friday and get a free game for myself. I got 150 last week :-D Was pretty proud of that, cause i'm not all that good. Prolly got an ave of round 120. But since playing at work i've thought of getting some of the lads together and joining a league.... just another place to get drunk and laugh hehe

and i agree... i don't see the Asgard as good bowlers :smt023
Vendetta
Forum Elite
Alliance: Tauri Alliance [TATS Leader]
Race: System Lord
ID: 21763

In all seriousness, I aim for the 10 pin, atleast i think its the 10 pin, the one at the very back on the right. And I try to ONLY get that one over :P its much harder than going for a strike :D give it a go :P
Phoenix of Terra
Forum Zombie
Alliance: ex-TSA
Race: Troll
ID: 12371123

Lol, personally I'm lucky to break into triple digits :P
My name is red because I'm one of the few Tok`ra. Your questions have now been answered.
Pimping D wrote:if this game has made you cry please delete your account and get a life
Prophet of Truth wrote:You are an impediment that the universe can no longer abide. Nature itself cries out for your destruction...
The Phoenix Awards!
Nuto vixen
Forum Addict

Phoenix of Terra wrote:Lol, personally I'm lucky to break into triple digits :P

Oh god, yeah, I know that feeling.

Second SGW's meet up in Melbourne, we played bowling, and out of everyone (10 players), I came first, with a total score of something like 125. Fun times.

That was ground breaking for me. I need to play more often and get myself a technique me thinks...

semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

adore it. Best score is just over 200, about 204 got it years ago and the old game has died more and more ever since. But on a good day I can get a spare or 9 on every one, Iron Duke still beats me though...git.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Nuto vixen
Forum Addict

I need to sit down one day and work out why it is that I can hit the pin dead centre front, and all of the pins fall except one on the far left...

It's not just me though. I've been making some quiet observations and I have noticed that sometimes you can make the perfect shot, and they wont all go down.

Vendetta
Forum Elite
Alliance: Tauri Alliance [TATS Leader]
Race: System Lord
ID: 21763

Because you dont aim directly for the centre, I find if your right handed aim a bit to the left of the centre pin but so will still hit it, same for left handed but on the right :P
ducoop
Forum Newbie

your supposed to hit the ball into the "pocket"

this is the gap between the 1 and 3 pin. for a righty is the first pin and the second pin on the right side. the lefty is just opposite.
ID# 1911356
MSN fiesta2007UH@hotmail.com
damien snpr
Forum Irregular
Race: **Filtered**

I'm okay at bowling... I normally just go for the pitchers of beer. :lol:
...Image
Thade
Forum Elite
Alliance: Devil's Brigade
Race: Expendable
ID: 1940484

damien snpr wrote:I'm okay at bowling... I normally just go for the pitchers of beer. :lol:

They bowl in bowling alleys? I thought it was just another bar with a weird name...
damien snpr
Forum Irregular
Race: **Filtered**

heh... exactly
...Image
Thade
Forum Elite
Alliance: Devil's Brigade
Race: Expendable
ID: 1940484

Honestly though I love bowling. One of the best things about the Wii...bowling! Then you can drink at a house instead of a bar and it's cheaper!!
Phoenix of Terra
Forum Zombie

Plus, when you're really frustrated, you can change it to boxing and knock the guys head in.

Until he returns the favor.
My name is red because I'm one of the few Tok`ra. Your questions have now been answered.
Pimping D wrote:if this game has made you cry please delete your account and get a life
Prophet of Truth wrote:You are an impediment that the universe can no longer abide. Nature itself cries out for your destruction...
The Phoenix Awards!
Phoenix of Terra
Forum Zombie

Jack wrote:I just to be in a league, a long long long time ago, and was extremely good. But now, I downright suck. :P

Bowling really isn't my game anyway, I prefer pool. :P

*bites back your mom joke*

lol! Keep it civil kids :-D

I don't understand why they have made bowling so expensive these days... Do the pins cost more to repair or make these days? Or are they just trying to squeeze it out of us because they can?
The Phoenix Awards!

Return to “Tauri/ Tollan”