A place to discuss 'Market Stuff'

Moderator: Market Mods

Darkalbino_
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Technocracy
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1910219

Attack turns

Yes it is to do with the market but I believe it is to be left here.

Just take a look at the market page, there are 8 active threads asking for ATs and 3 active threads selling them.

To be honest, I think the price of ATs is going to rise to 150bil/k very soon (I already see one who is asking 115bil and someone brokered straight away).

Is there really that bigger shortage of attack turns? Or do I have down syndrome? Or possibly both...?
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

Re: Attack turns

keatonoffskee wrote:Or do I have down syndrome? Or possibly both...?

Yes you do.

Now I dont feel good about that...Just way to easy....Probably shouldnt insult people with that disease, such loverly people normally....
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Tanith
Forum Regular
Race: Ancient
ID: 86581

keatonoffskee wrote:Yes it is to do with the market but I believe it is to be left here.

Nope, still belongs in market discussion
Mod Color
HellFire
Forum Regular

I'm not even sure why rising price for attack turns is a problem? For those who use them currently, and are on the higher end of things, they don't care.

On the lower end, if you plot your useage wisely, shouldn't care either.

For example.

150bil/1k AT ' Market Rate

1000AT / 15AT = 66attacks ' Total attack turns divided by how many attacks used / hit

150billion / 66 attacks = 2.3bil

A 2.3bil net profit is all you need to break even, which I'll be honest, is not much at all. Any farmer can get that. Any hits you get over 2.3bil is now being pushed into your pure profit margin.

Rising market prices seriously don't matter that much. Not for anyone who can crunch the numbers.

Albeit, I'm writing this at near midnight, so if I've missed a step, do point it out =P

~HellFire
avdk6
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: YggDrasil
Race: Ancient
ID: 19808

Repairs? Granted they normally pale in comparison to what you get, but still eats into the profit margin.
HellFire
Forum Regular

Ah-ha, well. Repairs kinda vary depending. I get from 5bil - 15bil / repair. It's still easy profit, even if we assume 1bil / repair. 3.5bil naq / hit isn't tough. =P

~HellFire
nobodyhere
Forum Irregular

problem, inflation. solution, remove raiding. problem, sorted.
in a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

~George Orwell
HellFire
Forum Regular

Problem created, game is less dynamic. The easy solution isn't always the best.

And - I 'still' have yet to see how turn prices increasing is bad, or something that not every player in the game can handle. Can someone show me?

~HellFire
kitkittan
Forum Newbie
Race: Asgard

what???? who in their right mind would sell their 1k attack turns for only 150 bill... omg if you're careful and patient you can get them for 15 attacks!!
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

keatonoffskee wrote:Or do I have down syndrome? Or possibly both...?[/color][/b]

I bet you laughed when you wrote that! What does down syndrome have to do with you posting a stupid thread?
Image ImageImageImage
HellFire
Forum Regular

kitkittan wrote:what???? who in their right mind would sell their 1k attack turns for only 150 bill... omg if you're careful and patient you can get them for 15 attacks!!

Normally this idea probably works well for a passive builder, however, 15 attack turns take 5 turns to accumulate. 2.5 hours. I go through 'alot' of attack turns today, and standard production isn't enough to float me. I'm not the only one in this situation, I'm sure. I'm a farmer, our AT consumption is significantly less then a raiders AT usage.

~HellFire
TacticalCommander
Forum Regular
Race: Saige
ID: 8742

@ hellfire

Finding the needed farms that go above the minimum profit margin is where the problem is. Admittedly right now, the number of good farms (in the range where I farm) out there could support a 150bil/k price.

That would be about 3bil.

Lets face farming at 2.5 bil making 200mil profit would only yield 13.2bil profit for the work of 66 attacks. The 3 bil only yields roughly 20bil profit. Now thats assuming you hit for bare minimum, which normally doesn't happen.

Now small strike players, I hit the inactive farm accounts. The question isn't, Can my farms generate that 3 bil naq to be farmed for profit? The question is, How long does it take that account. For some accounts, it wouldn't matter, for others it would take just 1 extra turn, and still others will take 2-4.

You see, I can still make my profit margin, but it will take me longer to reach it.

Now I'm not going to complain, I've accept that AT prices will inevitably rise, in fact they have been rising steadily since 60bil/k it seems.

Maybe if I'm lucky, I will find a few faster producing farms to make up for slower ones, which I usually do.

TC
GLORY TO THE GOD ALMIGHTY!
I am not being aggressive, I am being dominant.

Return to “Market Discussion”