I'd like to rebutt a warning I received for a rebuttal

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Mystake
Forum Addict
Alliance: Dominium of Chaos
Race: System Lord
ID: 50147

I'd like to rebutt a warning I received for a rebuttal

Mr Mystake wrote:
TheRook wrote:Members of RM.

Your signature image where you are clearly using the word janus as a way of saying a filtered word... while you are not emphasising it with upper case letters. You are welcome to replace the word janus with 4 asterisks (****).

You have 24 hours to change it... from now on any signature which is implying the word **Filtered** by using Janus will be given a warning...

This has gotten out of hand and action is being taken to bring everything back in line...

the forum rules are

viewtopic.php?f=71&t=112277

please stick to them...

TheRook

LOL YA OK!!

hahahahaha
wow

notice... there are two alliance pact names in there... its a flippin PUN

that, and <Modded Nimras> is gunna become unbanned anyway

Maybe but until it does that word your breaking word filter and we have said it a couple of times warning issued.

I was rebutting the Rook based on the sillyness that is him banning the RM sig because it says F'n U All up the Janus.

Janus is now a filtered word, and so is jAnus? It might be just me, but seriously, is there not a flaw there? Yes, `an us` (as Smooshable has put it) but there is a clear point that needs to be proven because there's a serious difference between Janus, jAnus and an'us

so let's get real... worst/stupidest warning I've EVER seen (next to freespirit warning me for scum, I am still wiating for that to be removed)
TRADE FEEDBACK - I am an A+ trader! Safest $ trades in all of SGW. I do escrow services too!
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 48&t=83709

Former member of what became the Alliance of the Year of 2009, Nemesis Sect.

Mathlord wrote:The Reclaimer has been descended as a result of the battle!!!

Good times ;)
#-o
dastupy
Forum Addict
ID: 28870
Alternate name(s): Weltschmerz

Re: I'd like to rebutt a warning I received for a rebuttal

Mr Mystake wrote:
Mr Mystake wrote:

Your signature image where you are clearly using the word janus as a way of saying a filtered word... while you are not emphasising it with upper case letters. You are welcome to replace the word janus with 4 asterisks (****).

You have 24 hours to change it... from now on any signature which is implying the word **Filtered** by using Janus will be given a warning...

This has gotten out of hand and action is being taken to bring everything back in line...

the forum rules are

please stick to them...

TheRook

LOL YA OK!!

hahahahaha
wow

Maybe but until it does that word your breaking word filter and we have said it a couple of times warning issued.

I was rebutting the Rook based on the sillyness that is him banning the RM sig because it says F'n U All up the Janus.

Janus is now a filtered word, and so is jAnus? It might be just me, but seriously, is there not a flaw there? Yes, `an us` (as Smooshable has put it) but there is a clear point that needs to be proven because there's a serious difference between Janus, jAnus and an'us

so let's get real... worst/stupidest warning I've EVER seen (next to freespirit warning me for scum, I am still wiating for that to be removed)

masking i tell ya
an other warning :lol:

Spoiler
Nimras
Forum Addict
Alliance: Yggdrasil
Race: Viking
ID: 30667

dastupy wrote:
Mr Mystake wrote:
Mr Mystake wrote:

the forum rules are

please stick to them...

TheRook

LOL YA OK!!

hahahahaha
wow

masking i tell ya
an other warning :lol:

The Red ok.

The rest NOT.

Sry but it already agreed on by the team until the word gets removed it is seen as masking when you clearly write it so you highlight a word on the filter.

Warning stays.
Mystake
Forum Addict

why havn't the alternate spellings been added to the filter?
TRADE FEEDBACK - I am an A+ trader! Safest $ trades in all of SGW. I do escrow services too!

Good times ;)
#-o
Teal'auc of the Void
Stubborn Tok'ra
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Tenno SKOOM
ID: 38133

Mr Mystake wrote:why havn't the alternate spellings been added to the filter?

Always trying to stir up trouble, I see. It was you who wanted to insult in a way and now you are blaming the team for not holding your hand and not adding some word to filter? :shock:

Teal'auc
Last edited by Teal'auc of the Void on Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing but a whisper from past...
I like, totes need a nice signature. But I'm lazy to put one in. Just imagine one.
pianomutt20000
Forum Zombie
Race: Tauri
ID: 0

That would be a lot of work to add to the mods...especially when people do it on purpose anyways.

Bill
urban assault wrote: Bill? Hey, I said I was kidding! Bill, don't push that red button!
Sometimes some of the mods will try to step on you, or even mod your section. My advice is to fill a sock with marbles and hit them repeatedly until they stop. - Pianomutt2000.
Mystake
Forum Addict

pianomutt20000 wrote:

That would be a lot of work to add to the mods...especially when people do it on purpose anyways.

Bill

quite frankly, unless you don't know how to use the admin control panel

adding jAnus, jANUS and jAnuS to the word filter is a matter of mere seconds.

Good times ;)
#-o
Mystake
Forum Addict

Jack wrote:The filter is not caps sensitive.

Oh?

muh bad then. i was thinking, @ piano, it'd be a lot LESS work for mods if the case sensitive of what I posted was added to the word filter as mods wouldn't have to mod it. if the filter was so much more work then modding, whats the point of it in the first place?

However, @ Jack, there should be a way to play with ascii values and the php code to make it case sensitive where using the ascii values of jAnus or such.
then again, that's just me.

Good times ;)
#-o
Nimras
Forum Addict

Right but there arent you need to ad each way each word to make it work.

No you can continue talk about the word but refrain from writing it as you do now and a warning in here will be issued.
Mystake
Forum Addict

Nimras wrote:Right but there arent you need to ad each way each word to make it work.

No you can continue talk about the word but refrain from writing it as you do now and a warning in here will be issued.

are you bloody kidding me?

its turned into a discussion about how to add "the word" to the filter. jeez you didn't go warning people in smoosh's thread and people there were flat out using "the word" not even discussing how it can possibly be removed.

some people...

Good times ;)
#-o
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Mr Mystake wrote:
Nimras wrote:Right but there arent you need to ad each way each word to make it work.

are you bloody kidding me?

its turned into a discussion about how to add "the word" to the filter. jeez you didn't go warning people in smoosh's thread and people there were flat out using "the word" not even discussing how it can possibly be removed.

some people...

So can someone say "I'm taking an olive branch and shove it up your 'the word'?"
's a serious question.. though perhaps presented ridiculously.
DaDigi
Forum Elder
Alliance: I hate all equally
Race: Tri-athalon
ID: 46811

Warnings will NOT be issued if you're pointing out a problem with the word filter. If you abuse the leeway, you will get a warning, but you are well within your limits.
DaDigi
Former Moderator for Market & Suggestions/Reports
Nimras
Forum Addict

Tetrismonkey wrote:

Thats a bit overboard, mostly because it seems you are taking your personal feelings in on this it seems. Mistake has an issue and points it out.

Nope he is complaining about a warning i issued him for breaking the filter which is fair, and the last part was only a statement that atm we all know that people dont agree with the filter but continuing to write the word and breaking filter wont make it happen or any better nothing against him or anyone else just more a statement saying its there. He also complaine about the topic Smoosh made where as i told him Smoosh made it cleare it was there to be discused meaning i cant and wont warn people in that topic when breaking the filter for that word again he tries to pull the biased and bad mod up.

Tetrismonkey wrote:I spoke to Jack about the rules a few days back and he told me that if the profanity isnt filtered, then a warning cannot be issued. So I say this to you all, ass is a much more harmful work than "An us" and yet it is not filtered? ass is used as prophanity and yet not banned, but because of the Janus pact, people cannot have fun and be creative about making fun of an allinace pact?

Actually Janus or janus is not wrong. But since the word in question behind the J is in the filter and people clearly goes to lenght to hight light this word make it stand out its goes under masking and breaking filter as it dont take a brainer to know its done almost 110% on purpose.

Tetrismonkey wrote:This whole issue has gone way overboard about Janus, and its sad that the mods continue to uphold this extremly pointless thing about not using the word 'an us' or a creative way of making fun of Janus.

M8 tbh if your country has a stupid law would you then say look its stupid why you use measures as a cop to uphold it and book me for breaking it when its stupid?? Sadly the word in question was added to the filter meaning masking it or make it writen clearly as people did is breaking a filter and mask the word and is hence a warnable offense. I know many people have a hard time seeing this as they rather want to have it so they can insult, break filter and rules but as long the rules are here you need to follow them. The word was added by Smooshable or Bazsy as they saw it fit and until that change writing it so it stands out or shows is breaking the filter and thats a rule violation.

Tetrismonkey wrote:There are far worse sigs out there that dipic worse things of people. Just because someone complains that its mean, doesnt make it bad enough to be filtered.

Well yes there is and we are trying to catch them and solve the issues. And well again there was a topic by smooshable to adress the sig issue which is being talked about by the mods and hopefully a solution should be here soon.
Nimras
Forum Addict

Jack wrote:Nimras, if I were a piggy(cop) and there was a law I felt strongly against, I would not enforce it. The forum is a separate place, because whereas in RL it's a right, here it's just a privilege.

Nope but you would also be without a job if your boss found out ;).
Mystake
Forum Addict

Nimras wrote:
Jack wrote:Nimras, if I were a piggy(cop) and there was a law I felt strongly against, I would not enforce it. The forum is a separate place, because whereas in RL it's a right, here it's just a privilege.

Nope but you would also be without a job if your boss found out ;).

Never been pulled over for speeding and let off with a warning?

Mmmyes.

Good times ;)
#-o

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”