Assault squads

idiot
Forum Newbie

Assault squads

This might be a bit insane, but here goes.

In a war, no soldier (except maybe for snipers) would attack the enemy lines on his own. Yet we do it on sgw. How about creating assault squads? Here is how it would work:

Operation
  1. An alliance member can create an Assault Squad (AS). The AS is aimed against a specific player, and for a fixed time (i.e. a day).
  2. Any alliance member can join the AS, but his attacking forces will be dedicated to the AS for the duration of the AS.
  3. The AS Leader can then use the AS as his normal striking force.
  4. The AS power is the sum of the individual strikes which are combined to form the AS.
  5. Because this would make massing of large defences easier, put in a penalty, such as double losses.
  6. The (double) losses are divided into the AS members. I.e. if the AS took 10% losses, each AS member takes 10% losses. That would ensure that the larger contributors doesn't have to cover all the losses alone.
  7. I doubt if this would really be used for naq hits, but any naq gained is divided in the same way as the losses are.
  8. The defender should be able to see who the whole AS are in his attack logs.

Advantages
  • Big defences can be massed down.
  • Creates a whole new dimension to gameplay, with new strategies and possibilities. (Omega, Owned, DoConq - you figure the strategies out!)
  • Would give more meaning to alliances.

Problems/Disadvantages
  • I pity the lone wolves... (hmm, currently I'm one of them!)
  • Extra incentive for multies?
  • Difficult to code?

Ok, I've thrown a stone into the bush; let's see what comes out. :)
Ruki
Forum Irregular
Race: Nano Ti
ID: 1940100

Re: Assault squads

O.o never...that would mean my defense would have to be even higher than it currently is >.>

Return to “For Admin -Suggestions”