Ascended Ats

Suggest any improvements
Mephistopholies
Forum Regular

Ascended Ats

Just a suggestion and have not seen it on the topics.How about Updating the Cap on Ats from 2k to something diffrent how about liek main and onli being able to Buy or trade 12kat a time.Or perhaps Adding it to the cosmic trade allowing you to sell Dmu Or Lf or even App for turns .Just a tought for admin?
Mr Nice Guy
Forum Expert

Re: Ascended Ats

As a GOD a limit to my moves is not something i should have. We the ascended accounts shouldnt have such a limit. Our 2k turns limit sucks! Yeah rise them. And let us Increase or buy them !
cyberblade
Forum Regular
Alliance: Pi Allegiance

While I could see a raising of the limit to say, 4k. I don't think adding the ability to buy turns is beneficial. The limit to turns means it takes more strategy, and skill. If you make it so that you can "buy" turns then you are stuck with the sam problem as main-where anyone can sit and click for hours on end-no strategy needed. If anything I'd like to take away the ability on main for people to acquire turns. We could turn this game back into one that requires more skill instead of one that just needs someone willing to sit and click for hours...
Mr Nice Guy
Forum Expert

well at least some change, 2k turns means u cant do much ... its really not funny! :(
cyberblade
Forum Regular

unitedabominations wrote:well at least some change, 2k turns means u cant do much ... its really not funny! :(

I could see increasing the limit. But it actually doesn't change much-increasing the limit only means that you can store more while you're inactive. You still gain them at the same rate. Having a bigger store of turns only helps those who sit for weeks without doing anything, then use a large amount. In particularly the snipers.

I can understand your frustrations, and where you're coming from. I think that you didn't think it through enough though-the turn limits mean that you can't ignore ascended for weeks without losing out on turns. No means to trade for turns prevents any player from sitting for hours clicking and getting a big account just from that.

If you can show me another way, or a reason why this would be more important for the server as a whole I'd still be interested though.
Mr Nice Guy
Forum Expert

i just need to sit 4 days or lil bit more and have 2k turns mate, thing is this server sucks... :lol: wanted to have more turns to farm more to destroy more!
cyberblade
Forum Regular

unitedabominations wrote:i just need to sit 4 days or lil bit more and have 2k turns mate, thing is this server sucks... :lol: wanted to have more turns to farm more to destroy more!

4 days to get 2k turns? you get 500 turns/day? Somehow I doubt that...

EDIT:

Also, if you were getting 500 turns per day I don't see why you'd want more...
Mr Nice Guy
Forum Expert

well dunno how much i get but i get them fast... been low ranked is kind of cool... still more turns... more fun... more fun... more dudes playing... unless people here wants to build stats as in main aswell... and make it another chickens server... wich is what it is almost.... :lol:
cyberblade
Forum Regular

unitedabominations wrote:well dunno how much i get but i get them fast... been low ranked is kind of cool... still more turns... more fun... more fun... more dudes playing... unless people here wants to build stats as in main aswell... and make it another chickens server... wich is what it is almost.... :lol:

If you're using your turns you'd know that ascended is a lot of fun... Yes, there are some stat builders-those are almost exclusively some TJP or FUALL members though-who use their alliance tags as defense. An increase in turns generated could be interesting-in fact I'd like it. But that's to the advantage of those of us who play ascension-not the majority of the big alliance players who have admin's ear.

If you played ascension more you'd know that it's not a chicken's server. Ask the rest of us who do play.
TheRook
Forum Addict
Alliance: Warlords of Briton
Race: Humanoid
ID: 30679

its not about the AT limiting you... its about how you use those AT's...

you need to use them efficiently... I think the AT limits make people think more tactically rather than throwing 10k AT at someone you have to destroy them using as little as possible... if you cant do that your clearly not strong enough...

TheRook
My Account for Sale (cold hard cash) at the link below (Have a look its a great deal!)
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=174111

Main ID = 30679 | Ascended ID = 1467
Dr Toboggan
Forum Grunt
ID: 1986375
Alternate name(s): Dr Toboggan

cyberblade wrote:
unitedabominations wrote:i just need to sit 4 days or lil bit more and have 2k turns mate, thing is this server sucks... :lol: wanted to have more turns to farm more to destroy more!

EDIT:

The rate that you get AT is dependent on your rank. 3,5,7, or 9 AT per turn depending on your rank (I think). So you can go from 0 to 2k AT in about 4 1/2 days or so.

Which that would give you enough AT regen to descend one person every day, or to make 28 attacks for DMU each day, etc. Though obviously if you are higher ranked, then AT regen would be much more of an issue for you.

The thing about AT on ascended is, you need to know when to stop attacking someone. In about 4 DMs you can reduce their defense/attack by 1/3. While it takes like 10 DMs to reduce it by 2/3. So with just a few turns you can destroy alot, but each attack you get decreasing returns. So you gotta know how many AT you want to spend on someone beforehand, and balance out whether AT or planets are more valuable to you.

About increasing the AT limit, I think it would be really cool to increase it by say 100 for each ascension beyond prior. So LG+1 would have 2500 AT, AG would have 2900, etc. Or something like that.
Mojo Rising
Forum Irregular
ID: 1975707

cyberblade wrote:While I could see a raising of the limit to say, 4k. I don't think adding the ability to buy turns is beneficial. The limit to turns means it takes more strategy, and skill. If you make it so that you can "buy" turns then you are stuck with the sam problem as main-where anyone can sit and click for hours on end-no strategy needed. If anything I'd like to take away the ability on main for people to acquire turns. We could turn this game back into one that requires more skill instead of one that just needs someone willing to sit and click for hours...

Well I never thought that cyberblade would ever see eye to eye on an issue regarding SGW. But lo and behold, I find myself agreeing with him. Nice post. I second this suggestion.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Mojo Rising wrote:
cyberblade wrote:While I could see a raising of the limit to say, 4k. I don't think adding the ability to buy turns is beneficial. The limit to turns means it takes more strategy, and skill. If you make it so that you can "buy" turns then you are stuck with the sam problem as main-where anyone can sit and click for hours on end-no strategy needed. If anything I'd like to take away the ability on main for people to acquire turns. We could turn this game back into one that requires more skill instead of one that just needs someone willing to sit and click for hours...

Well I never thought that cyberblade would ever see eye to eye on an issue regarding SGW. But lo and behold, I find myself agreeing with him. Nice post. I second this suggestion.

Aye :)
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
cyberblade
Forum Regular

Eomund wrote:
cyberblade wrote:

EDIT:

The rate that you get AT is dependent on your rank. 3,5,7, or 9 AT per turn depending on your rank (I think). So you can go from 0 to 2k AT in about 4 1/2 days or so.

Which that would give you enough AT regen to descend one person every day, or to make 28 attacks for DMU each day, etc. Though obviously if you are higher ranked, then AT regen would be much more of an issue for you.

The thing about AT on ascended is, you need to know when to stop attacking someone. In about 4 DMs you can reduce their defense/attack by 1/3. While it takes like 10 DMs to reduce it by 2/3. So with just a few turns you can destroy alot, but each attack you get decreasing returns. So you gotta know how many AT you want to spend on someone beforehand, and balance out whether AT or planets are more valuable to you.

About increasing the AT limit, I think it would be really cool to increase it by say 100 for each ascension beyond prior. So LG+1 would have 2500 AT, AG would have 2900, etc. Or something like that.

The power of DM needs to be addressed-but that shouldn't affect turns.

With regards to growing at 7 or 9 AT's per turn. While that is possible-I don't know what ranks would achieve that-and I'd venture to say its extremely low ranks-far beneath most players, and even most snipers. I think I'm growing at 5/turn right now. And that stays the same whether I'm ranked 500 or 1500.

Lore wrote:
Mojo Rising wrote:

Aye :)

Wow. On the other side I never thought that I'd have players of such repute agreeing with me.

I have to say that the turn based play was one of the things that attracted me to sgw originally-that everyone had the same amount of resources to work with. In almost any game someone who pays cash can get ahead quickly-so that doesn't bother me. But the fact that someone who just sits and raids for hours and hours a day, selling UU for turns, can make a killing does. I'd really like this to be a game of skill. Spending more time playing means you're more likely to catch good raid, or good farms-but you'd still be limited to the same amount of turns. I don't feel that I'm well enough known to suggest this on the forum-and I never make it to a chat. But If someone wants to run with removing turns from the market-or reducing them-that would be great.
Mr Nice Guy
Forum Expert

well... even before war i was sitting of a few stat builders, i would like more turns... and tags shouldnt exist for ascended... still they do exist, and even if i step out of my alliance in ascended i most respect main agreements... so that screws the game... and more turns would allow me to be more active or interested! just that :lol:

Return to “Suggestions”