is this a forum or a slagging off centre???

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
the grim reefer
Forum Regular
Alliance: Sand Village
Race: HVE
ID: 66079

is this a forum or a slagging off centre???

i have played sgw for about a year and half now and love it..great community and some very nice people who i have got to no and like worldwide, the game is being updated and progressing all the time and more and more new players are joining on a daily basis(and unfortunatly some great players quitting).
now this forum is the official forum right?? it represents the game does does it not??
so why is it being allowed to fall into such a crappy state??
the server war is going on and its great..a load of alliances/empires/pacts wupping each other and all members seeminly loving it and yet the war of words between these enemys on many threads/posts is far more damaging to the game and both lots of enemys than the actual "ingame war" and very damaging for the game itself..accusations and alliagations of cheating,multis,hidden rl threats and a general slagging off of the game and now to top it all off we have mods or ex mods verbally scrapping in full view of all to see.
who really owns/runs this forum??
is it the mighty admin/jason??
if so do us all a favour mate...put some size 12 boots on and kick some arse please as youre game is getting brought into dissrepute and its all happening right here on the games official forum.
there are still many playing that love this game and will continue to do so for a long time.
anyways im sure i will get some sort of grief for speeking my mind as this usually happens on this forum but hell nothing ventured nothing gained right??

reefer.
Blood washes off, Bruises go away, Bones heal, Scars show character, Pain is Temporary, VICTORY lasts forever!
Riposte
Forum Grunt

Re: is this a forum or a slagging off centre???

Its mostly the same people trying to stir up drama.
MajorLeeHurts
Major Pain

the grim reefer wrote:i have played sgw for about a year and half now and love it..great community and some very nice people who i have got to no and like worldwide, the game is being updated and progressing all the time and more and more new players are joining on a daily basis(and unfortunatly some great players quitting).
now this forum is the official forum right?? it represents the game does does it not??
so why is it being allowed to fall into such a crappy state??
the server war is going on and its great..a load of alliances/empires/pacts wupping each other and all members seeminly loving it and yet the war of words between these enemys on many threads/posts is far more damaging to the game and both lots of enemys than the actual "ingame war" and very damaging for the game itself..accusations and alliagations of cheating,multis,hidden rl threats and a general slagging off of the game and now to top it all off we have mods or ex mods verbally scrapping in full view of all to see.
who really owns/runs this forum??
is it the mighty admin/jason??
if so do us all a favour mate...put some size 12 boots on and kick some arse please as youre game is getting brought into dissrepute and its all happening right here on the games official forum.
there are still many playing that love this game and will continue to do so for a long time.
anyways im sure i will get some sort of grief for speeking my mind as this usually happens on this forum but hell nothing ventured nothing gained right??

reefer.

=D>
Kaboomer wrote: "Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for. "
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Well people never understand that no matter who will be mods, there will be unhappy people, because noone can please everyone...but that will take a loooong time to be undertood by the whinners I fear...
Respect members being [very] rude to few people, racist/rl threats done by people who fortunately happen to be banned, if not permabanned, but unfortunately the general disrespect was here, still is, and will remain, on its "less" evil forms, who are noway acceptable or excusable, just les obvious to get you banned.
When you want people to have too much good sense, you have an unachievable hope.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
TheRook
Forum Addict
Alliance: Warlords of Briton
Race: Humanoid
ID: 30679

Legendary Apophis wrote:Well people never understand that no matter who will be mods, there will be unhappy people, because noone can please everyone...but that will take a loooong time to be undertood by the whinners I fear...
Respect members being [very] rude to few people, racist/rl threats done by people who fortunately happen to be banned, if not permabanned, but unfortunately the general disrespect was here, still is, and will remain, on its "less" evil forms, who are noway acceptable or excusable, just les obvious to get you banned.
When you want people to have too much good sense, you have an unachievable hope.

Yes there will always be unhappy people... who will be unhappy about the decisions that mods have made.

But there is a difference between that kind of unhappy forum user and ones that are unhappy because mod(s) dont do the job correctly.

The uproar at present is regarding mod(s) who don't do the job correctly and break the rules.

TheRook
My Account for Sale (cold hard cash) at the link below (Have a look its a great deal!)
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=174111

Main ID = 30679 | Ascended ID = 1467
the grim reefer
Forum Regular

in all fairness my comments were not aimed directly at the mod situationthat is ongoing at the minute even though i think it did get out of hand.
lets say a player joins the game..really likes it and then thinks i will go one step further and join the official forum and try to play the game to the full using the forum for trade,advise and maybe to gain an alliance..so the said player decides to spend a few hours getting to no the forum and reading all posts and learning whats what well in my opninion that said player would be wondering just what he/she stepped into with all the accusations,hidden threats and general crappy attitude of so many players.
mods have a great responsibilty and it can also be a crappy job to do as you cant please everyone but again in my opnion 1st impressions are very important and at the minute to many posts are giving off bad impressions of the game in general.
now i dont pretend to have the answers but this forum is being hijacked by the bad minority who are ruining it for the majority, rules or no rules its still going on.
Blood washes off, Bruises go away, Bones heal, Scars show character, Pain is Temporary, VICTORY lasts forever!
TheRook
Forum Addict
Alliance: Warlords of Briton
Race: Humanoid
ID: 30679

the grim reefer wrote:in all fairness my comments were not aimed directly at the mod situationthat is ongoing at the minute even though i think it did get out of hand.
lets say a player joins the game..really likes it and then thinks i will go one step further and join the official forum and try to play the game to the full using the forum for trade,advise and maybe to gain an alliance..so the said player decides to spend a few hours getting to no the forum and reading all posts and learning whats what well in my opninion that said player would be wondering just what he/she stepped into with all the accusations,hidden threats and general crappy attitude of so many players.
mods have a great responsibilty and it can also be a crappy job to do as you cant please everyone but again in my opnion 1st impressions are very important and at the minute to many posts are giving off bad impressions of the game in general.
now i dont pretend to have the answers but this forum is being hijacked by the bad minority who are ruining it for the majority, rules or no rules its still going on.

I agree entirely too many accusations/hidden threats etc are going around but at the same point there is only so much mods can moderate without vetting every post that users try to upload.

The solution would be to bring policing of bad posts also within users power which you have the report post option which will alert mods to any issues/posts they may not have seen. While it may make the job of the mods greater with a large influx of reported posts eventually people will learn that their posts are being checked by every user and you can hope they will calm down and provide a better atmosphere on the forums.

TheRook
My Account for Sale (cold hard cash) at the link below (Have a look its a great deal!)
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=174111

Main ID = 30679 | Ascended ID = 1467
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

The reason the forum has fallen into disarray is, frankly, because the wider community (outside the mods) has been given more freedom (by the removal/relaxation of some rules, and in letting the wider community choose the rules). This freedom is abused by some users, and in some cases undermines the jobs the mods try to do.

The problem with allowing the majority to dictate policy is that the majority NEVER know what is best for EVERYONE. A small group of people is much more capable of making logical/sensible decisions than a large one.

Unfortunately, it has been decided who is in charge, and how they are in charge, in these forums and thus how they are to be run. I don't agree with some of it, and I've stated what is wrong and why in a rather lengthy email to Jason (to which, I have to add, I have had no response), but it is his decision so we all have to like it or lump it I suppose.
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
MajorLeeHurts
Major Pain

Wolf359 wrote:The reason the forum has fallen into disarray is, frankly, because the wider community (outside the mods) has been given more freedom (by the removal/relaxation of some rules, and in letting the wider community choose the rules). This freedom is abused by some users, and in some cases undermines the jobs the mods try to do.

The problem with allowing the majority to dictate policy is that the majority NEVER know what is best for EVERYONE. A small group of people is much more capable of making logical/sensible decisions than a large one.

I could not agree more , the air of entitlement is amazing.
Kaboomer wrote: "Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for. "
Phoenix of Terra
Forum Zombie
Alliance: ex-TSA
Race: Troll
ID: 12371123

Oh, you didn't get the message? GC is really just a place to insult people under the guise of RP, with some war notices mixed in. General isn't much better. Guess the forum warning system missed you in there somewhere. :P

Be a spammer. We have fun and our teasing is, at the end of the day, just teasing.
My name is red because I'm one of the few Tok`ra. Your questions have now been answered.
Pimping D wrote:if this game has made you cry please delete your account and get a life
Prophet of Truth wrote:You are an impediment that the universe can no longer abide. Nature itself cries out for your destruction...
The Phoenix Awards!
the grim reefer
Forum Regular

when i started sgw i didnt understand role play and even now that i do the line between rp and rl threats is a line that still gets crossed on a regular basis.
the policing idea sounds great but how do you get a small core of players that are totally unbiased to "police" the forum?(and more importantly not pay for there decisions ingame lol?). :?
Phoenix of Terra
Forum Zombie
Alliance: ex-TSA
Race: Troll
ID: 12371123

the grim reefer wrote:when i started sgw i didnt understand role play and even now that i do the line between rp and rl threats is a line that still gets crossed on a regular basis.
the policing idea sounds great but how do you get a small core of players that are totally unbiased to "police" the forum?(and more importantly not pay for there decisions ingame lol?). :?

Congrats. With those two statements, you have now found the crucial hole in SGW forum life. There's "always" something wrong with the mod team, and even if they get it right, the users may mass them just for kicks and giggles. :roll:
My name is red because I'm one of the few Tok`ra. Your questions have now been answered.
Pimping D wrote:if this game has made you cry please delete your account and get a life
Prophet of Truth wrote:You are an impediment that the universe can no longer abide. Nature itself cries out for your destruction...
The Phoenix Awards!
thaltek
Spamity Spam In A Can

the grim reefer wrote:when i started sgw i didnt understand role play and even now that i do the line between rp and rl threats is a line that still gets crossed on a regular basis.

come and play in the temple....... we bash each other around but at the end of the day, we all leave happy with a pic like this in our heads (laughing our buts off)
[spoiler]
myfirstcavitysearchmb9.jpg
[/spoiler]
Unknown321
Forum Grunt
Alliance: The Dominium of Chaos
Race: Ori
ID: 1924478

I try to stay off the forum, because everyone is always badmouthing eachother :? I know it's a game, we all love war, and we all have relationships, but whats with all the smack talk all the time???? I agree that things are way out of control. People need to realize that words count.
Commander Dominium of Chaos

thaltek
Spamity Spam In A Can

Unknown321 wrote:I try to stay off the forum, because everyone is always badmouthing eachother :? I know it's a game, we all love war, and we all have relationships, but whats with all the smack talk all the time???? I agree that things are way out of control. People need to realize that words count.

please see the post previous to yours...

and

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”