Sum up of suggestions?

Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Sum up of suggestions?

Last edited by Legendary Apophis on Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Re: Sum up of suggestions?

Last edited by Legendary Apophis on Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Last edited by Legendary Apophis on Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Radogot's idea about Power Ups in ascended server, multiple upgrades instead of one-by-one

might want to remove that one. Its been explained, repeatedly.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Cole
Forum History
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

Lore wrote:Radogot's idea about Power Ups in ascended server, multiple upgrades instead of one-by-one

Hmm ok, will check the reasons and remove it :)
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

LegendaryApophis wrote:
Lore wrote:Radogot's idea about Power Ups in ascended server, multiple upgrades instead of one-by-one

Hmm ok, will check the reasons and remove it :)

The reason is the amount of increase of cost per level is not a constant. It varies. Therefore it can not compensate for multiple purchased. Thats how it was explained to me.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Are you simply listing them because you or others want them listed?

Some of those listed have good reasons as to why they shouldn't/won't be implemented - or indeed do not have any good reasons why they should - wanting them is not a good reason.
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
Cole
Forum History

Wolf359 wrote:Are you simply listing them because you or others want them listed?

Some of those listed have good reasons as to why they shouldn't/won't be implemented - or indeed do not have any good reasons why they should - wanting them is not a good reason.

My suggestion for leaders being able to have commanders was integrated by Jason on last updates set...after 8 monthes or so of presence here.
So indeed, that kind of thing has an use.
Afterall, the one who does updates is Jason, so with that, he doesn't have to watch all those topics inside to get the idea, as some titles don't tell well, and that's why he doesn't take a look here because it's unorganized throw out of more or less good ideas.
If I was at his place I wouldn't take a look here, and that's sad for all people who put efforts into suggestion. I wouldn't watch because there's -too- much to see.
So sum up of best ones has to be done.
See, none of multi MSs ones are here, and as said already they weren't going to be put in.Aside of the one Lore pointed me out, I don't really see bad stuff suggested.
Afterall...no AT planets, no reset of the game, no delete perg, no 7 days PPT suggestions or anything like that linked on my list! ;)
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

True - but you might as well list every suggestion - as generally the people that suggest them think they are good. Some of those listed above are bad/poorly though out/not needed (multiple ascensions for one - I believe it has been explained numerous times why that shouldn't be implemented - messaging officers in another realm/setting peace across realms are others - it has been stated that perg is separate for a reason, and that includes messaging/relations (and isn't needed)).

As for multi-MS suggestions - the fact none of them are in this list is irrelevant - some are still good ideas - and some have caught the Admins attention (there was a discussion with Jason a while back regarding one that intrigued him - he then went away to mull it over - so could take some time! :-D ). In fact - I think one of the new updates about to be released is based on a combination/modification of a couple of those suggestions.

If a suggestion is popular or hotly debated - it stays at the top of the board. If it is suggested often, it gets added to Common Suggestions.

Not having a dig - just stating a fact - a list of a list isn't much of an improvement upon the original list - especially since it is somewhat fickle how anything gets added to the list.
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
Cole
Forum History

Yes, I know some of them are very unlikely to come in, but if we get word from Jason himself about them that they won't, it will close it definitely. And will be clear that it's useless to keep on it.
TheRook
Forum Addict
Alliance: Warlords of Briton
Race: Humanoid
ID: 30679

where is my alliance/empire/server war victory suggestion?

I think its quite well thought out (I think so anyway - as do most of those that have read & voted) and been tweaked to remove issues :)

obviously if you don't like it you dont have to put it on but may as well pimp my suggestion while i can...

TheRook
My Account for Sale (cold hard cash) at the link below (Have a look its a great deal!)
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=174111

Main ID = 30679 | Ascended ID = 1467
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

LegendaryApophis wrote:Yes, I know some of them are very unlikely to come in, but if we get word from Jason himself about them that they won't, it will close it definitely. And will be clear that it's useless to keep on it.

That already occurs - but suggestion threads are not locked as a result - they are kept open in case anyone has anything to add or comes up with an idea to get around a problem that was prventing it being implemented.

And as The Rook just highlighted - he believes his suggestion is worthy of being added, as I believe the majority of my suggestions that haven't been implemented are worthy of being added, yet they aren't on your list - so the list is very subjective, unless you add every suggestion to the list that people nominate for it - and then, what is the point?
Mod Speak
TheRook
Forum Addict
Alliance: Warlords of Briton
Race: Humanoid
ID: 30679

as wolf said unless you have every suggestion on this list then your not summing up suggestions at teh same point you should also add a summary of the suggestions then people could use this as the place to go for any suggestions and a quick run down of them...

but to be honest its not likely to get too many hits as teh suggestion section isn't the most active and if people are really keen on their ideas they will bump them until they are seen...

TheRook
My Account for Sale (cold hard cash) at the link below (Have a look its a great deal!)
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=174111

Main ID = 30679 | Ascended ID = 1467
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

Jim did mention to "feel free to add your own topic", but I have to say this thread could become of some use, if each link to suggestion had a summery, could be wrong though.

Return to “Suggestions Archive”