NFL Guru. [Real Football with a Pigskin Talk!]

For the discussion of sports. Moo?
Medicus Atrum
Forum Grunt
Alliance: Novus Orsa
Race: Goa'uld
ID: 0

NFL Guru. [Real Football with a Pigskin Talk!]

Okay, I'm tired of all this Soccer talk, Let's talk about some REAL Football!

I, Myself, Profess to be a self-proclaimed NFL Guru. I can anwser (almost) any question about any (and I mean any) NFL team, I can also supply a very limited amount of Collegiate Infromation. (NCAA, Mostly Big 10 info.) I can also give Fantasy Football advice, and if anyone hasn't joined a league yet, you can join at www.NFL.com, It's the offcial Fantasy Football of the National Football League, and it's free! (If you can't use the link, the website's URL is: www.nfl.com/fantasy/free)

Now, If anyone doesn't know, or doesn't know much, about Fantasy Sports Leagues, Where have you been living?!

Europe?

Oh, I see. Heeere isss aaa coooookie, bloooake. *slowly give cookie*
(Take no offence at this, just playing, I love Europiens, You're a great bunch, and you make "Good-Rope*", lol.)
*~{For those that don't know, "EU" means "Good", Thus "Good-Rope", The name given to the area for great quality in rope.)

Now, Back on subject! (If you know how to play Fantasy Football, or at least have a slight grasp of it, you can skip the below guide, although it might help you out! Also, if your just not interested in Fantasy sports or even American Footbal, well then you can also skip to the bottom if you like, or just leave, lol)

Basic Fantasy Football:
The way fantasy sports works is you create a team (I'll get to that later) and depending on how your players do, your team can score points. (I'll get to more of that later, as well.)
A league of player, Or in the case of NFL.com, a twelve-man league, has draft at the time of their choosing, or you can have an automated draft where the player are given out to each team in turn, based on how they rank the player of each team.
Each team consists of 6 positions with maximum amount of players at 14, thats 9 starters with 5 back-ups. These positions are: (The numbers after each position is how many of that pos. start for your team)
~Active~
QB - Quarterback. (1)
RB - Runningback. (2)
WR - Wide Reciver. (3)
TE - Tight End. (1)
K - Kicker. (1)
DST - Defence / Special Teams. (1)

~Reserve~
(Your choice of 5 players)

Now, as most of you should know, there is a BYE-Week in the NFL, where teams get one week of during the season, and beside each players stats on NFL.com, you can see what week their BYE is.
The reason this is importent is that because they won't play, they obviously wont score you any points. This is where your reserves come in.
Now, as you may have noted, There are 6 positions on the team, but only 5 reserve slots. That is where the strategy starts to come in.
Now, Most people are smart enought to realize that there is 0 point in having a back-up kicker. they never get injured, and they don't make you much points anyways. So, The default patern for your reserves is:
~Reserves~
QB = 1
RB = 1
WR = 1
TE = 1
DST = 1

Now, some people also don't see a use of a back-up defense, so some go with what you see above, minus the DST, and with a wildcard position, I.E. Extra RB, Extra WR, Etc..

Now, Remember, You don't have to fallow that exact pattern, especially if you play in a rookie league, keepers league, winners league, or even a defensive league.

That covers most of the basics, so.. A little more about the great sport!...

Football, Blood, Sweat, Tears, and maybe even a little bit-o-HGH. Not too much though, or your grandchildren may be born with a defect, like, say, Bad Teeth? Which still doen't explain Britain. Or does it? :P
(Once again, Just Playing!)

So, To finish before I go on aaaaaaaaaaall daaaaaaaaaaay!

Anyone have any questions, or does anyone have a subject/team they would like to discuss? :D

How about the Browns? One-Season-Wonder, Or Possible Super Bowl Franchise? (Browns/Bengals fans, Don't be too bias'd!) :P
~Medicus Atrum__
~Nos Inducas Ex Caelo Et Libera Nos In Malo~
mikgamer1

Re: NFL Guru. [Real Football with a Pigskin Talk!]

lulz @ "real football"
Medicus Atrum
Forum Grunt

How mature... -_-;
~Medicus Atrum__
mikgamer1

It would have been worse but you mentioned the Browns at the end :).
Medicus Atrum
Forum Grunt

Browns fan? Figures. :P

So, ya know, You could actually respond to the thread on subject instead of just spamming it for no reason. :smt023
~Medicus Atrum__
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

Mikgamer wrote:lulz @ "real football"

Seconded

Now let's make it clear ONCE FOR ALL that soccer is true football:

[spoiler]The reasons for the ban by Edward III, on June 12, 1349, were explicit: football and other recreations distracted the populace from practicing archery, which was necessary for war.[/spoiler]
That means, it existed before if it got banned...

[spoiler]American Football
First played November 6, 1869, Rutgers University vs. Princeton University[/spoiler]

Once again truth struck.

And don't say it's spam it's just a reply to the BIG lie stating soccer isn't true football. :-)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Hi M-A.. I would like to talk about Usain Bolt. :)
Think he'd make a good football-player?
I heard there's a chance he comes to play in the NFL..

Also, the NBA has matches in the 'outside world', (the Europe Live Tour, as you know) where a few exhibition matches and preseason matches are played.
Do you see a chance the NFL might take a similar course, visiting Europe or Asia to show us the 'real' football? :P

Just 2 things related to NFL that come to mind.
(PS. Great humour.. keep it coming.) :P
mikgamer1

Ah hahaha! It's a jab at the NFL euro leauge failing :lol:!
Medicus Atrum
Forum Grunt

Lois Lane wrote:Hi M-A.. I would like to talk about Usain Bolt. :)
Think he'd make a good football-player?
I heard there's a chance he comes to play in the NFL..

Also, the NBA has matches in the 'outside world', (the Europe Live Tour, as you know) where a few exhibition matches and preseason matches are played.
Do you see a chance the NFL might take a similar course, visiting Europe or Asia to show us the 'real' football? :P

Just 2 things related to NFL that come to mind.
(PS. Great humour.. keep it coming.) :P

lol, I did hear about Bolt possibly coming to the NFL, He would make one amazing WR.

As for the Europe league being discontinued, It wasn't because they lost alot of money, (Actually, the made some money if I recall correctly.) It was because they diecided it would be more fruitfull to invest their money in the devo. of the expansion to Canada, along with the currently scheduled games to be played in England. (The Giants played there last season, Agenst the Dolphins if I remember right, but I'm not certain.) So, It works on all fronts, The league continues to work toward the future, while changing plans a bit, and retaining what Europien fans there are. And there are quite a few, The Giants game sold out if I remember correctly.

And for you Canadians fans of Football, I know you all like the Bills, along with your CFL, but watch for the Bills to move from Buffalo up to the frozen north in the future, although it could be a few years. Untill then, You'll have to settle for a drive down to New York. ;)
(The Buffalo Bills have one of the highest incomes in the NFL, not because their fans in New York, no, but because the amount of fans form Canada that drive down to watch games. New Yorkers are more occupied by the Super Bowl ring and Brett Favre. :P )

Anyway, as to me saying "Real Football", I don't mean it was first, but I did mean it is waay better. Many Soccer player tried to play Football, but they all just became Kickers and Punters, lol, alot of College Football players will take anoher sport, usally Basketball, Baseball, or Lacross. It's very rare for a Football player in America to play Soccer. It's actually looked down upon by most people as a very un-manly sport. Thus why our female Soccer teams do good. :-D *Olympics*

Anyway, I hope that anwsers any questions anyone has. :P
...Yes, Even you Mik. :lol:
~Medicus Atrum__
Cole
Forum History

Medicus Atrum wrote:Anyway, as to me saying "Real Football", I don't mean it was first, but I did mean it is waay better. Many Soccer player tried to play Football, but they all just became Kickers and Punters, lol, alot of College Football players will take anoher sport, usally Basketball, Baseball, or Lacross. It's very rare for a Football player in America to play Soccer. It's actually looked down upon by most people as a very un-manly sport. Thus why our female Soccer teams do good. :-D *Olympics*

Anyway, I hope that anwsers any questions anyone has. :P
...Yes, Even you Mik. :lol:

That's funny because rest of the world, and generally considered MOST manly countries such as Italy, Spain, Portugal and Argentina consider soccer as THE TOP sport.
So that makes (logically) that argument look very inaccurate :-)
Would you say Italy, Spain, Portugal and Argentina are girly style countries?
lmao...
All machist countries put soccer on top, same goes for arab countries. Football is very important to them.
So the "un-manly" sport arguement is laughable, sorry, nothing against you, just against this ideal. ;)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Erm.. well.. the concept of "manly nations" is nonsense at best.

Especially with those you listed. :P
Cole
Forum History

Lois Lane wrote:Erm.. well.. the concept of "manly nations" is nonsense at best.

I meant machist nations...so yes, those nations are machists more or less, and they all value football.

I find this idea of "unmanly" sport ridiculous myself, so I was just stating the oh so well machists countries all played football (since apparently it's not played because it's unmanly, so I threw out argument in this context ;) )
Medicus Atrum
Forum Grunt

LegendaryApophis wrote:
Lois Lane wrote:Erm.. well.. the concept of "manly nations" is nonsense at best.

I meant machist nations...so yes, those nations are machists more or less, and they all value football.

I find this idea of "unmanly" sport ridiculous myself, so I was just stating the oh so well machists countries all played football (since apparently it's not played because it's unmanly, so I threw out argument in this context ;) )

LOL, bad choice of countries, my friend.

As for me saying it's not played in countries because it's unmanly, I said it's "It's actually looked down upon by most people as a very un-manly sport." meant to add [In America] to the end of that.
Most people view it as kinda dumb you just use your feet. Sorry, That's just the outlook in USA. If you don't think it applies, that's your problem, seeing as we're discussing the views of a sport mainly played in USA Vs. a sport that has been played for quite awhile everwhere else. I just thought I would give some facts that beliefs are based. ;)

Also, The reason why American Football doesn't spread like wildfire to all countries, is because the amount of strategy that it takes. Have you ever seen a play book for a Football team? Let alone an NFL team. @,@

Soccer takes to long and is waay to boring. You could say it's strategy, but really it's just constent passing between two-four player before the ball is stolen and the run the other way. It's just Cross-Country with a ball. :lol:

Anyway, I'm sure I'll get some negetive comments from people, so bring 'em on. I have facts. :P
~Medicus Atrum__
mikgamer1

American football players barely utalize using thier feet besides kicking (the most boring part of the game) and a bit of fancy footwork with the running backs. So your attempted jab at "soccer" players sucking at american football is pointless as they are different sports all together, yet whomever created american football was too dumb to think of an origional name. Which most likely is attributed to playing the game and continuely getting thier scull bashed in "for fun." :?
Cole
Forum History

Medicus Atrum wrote:
LegendaryApophis wrote:

LOL, bad choice of countries, my friend.

France, England, Sweden, Netherlands, Cameroon, Nigeria, Mali and Germany value it as much. Better choices? :)

As for me saying it's not played in countries because it's unmanly, I said it's "It's actually looked down upon by most people as a very un-manly sport." meant to add [In America] to the end of that.
Most people view it as kinda dumb you just use your feet. Sorry, That's just the outlook in USA. If you don't think it applies, that's your problem, seeing as we're discussing the views of a sport mainly played in USA Vs. a sport that has been played for quite awhile everwhere else. I just thought I would give some facts that beliefs are based. ;)

Also, The reason why American Football doesn't spread like wildfire to all countries, is because the amount of strategy that it takes. Have you ever seen a play book for a Football team? Let alone an NFL team. @,@
Lol it's just passing the ball to the one who has the least changes currently to get hammered by opposite team what we see in your sport :P

Soccer takes to long and is waay to boring. You could say it's strategy, but really it's just constent passing between two-four player before the ball is stolen and the run the other way. It's just Cross-Country with a ball. :lol:
See above :P

Anyway, I'm sure I'll get some negetive comments from people, so bring 'em on. I have facts. :P

Side note: it's 3am for me, so I've to go to bed, and can't write an essay for now in reply :)

Return to “Sports Section”