allaince ranking should be changed

papa~smurf
Forum Addict
Alliance: fool killer
Race: human
ID: 0

allaince ranking should be changed

I believe that alliances should be ranked, not in total power, but by combined Military Experience'

this would show better what allainces really play the game, and not by who could sit idle the longest, building stats.

let the argument start ...lol
Easy^ Rocks
teesdale
Forum Addict
Alliance: URURUR Alliance™
Race: EADC™
ID: 1992895
Alternate name(s): Teesdale, Teesfail, je peder, Tees, jake, one of Harchesters multis, GOD and Probably Reborn

Re: allaince ranking should be changed

hmm... u just want us to be rank 1 papa :P

moments of epic proportions:
Spoiler
[5:26:57 AM ] josh: 30% of 100 is 33.3333333333333
[5:27:11 AM] Jake/Tees: LOL
[5:27:23 AM] Jake/Tees: im going to pretend you didnt say that
[5:27:29 AM] Jake/Tees: actually no
[5:27:33 AM] Jake/Tees: im going to sig it
[5:27:49 AM] Jake/Tees: now think cafefully
[5:27:49 AM] josh: w8
[5:27:53 AM] josh: i meant 100
[5:28:04 AM] josh: sorted
[5:28:07 AM] josh: **Filtered** u :D
[5:28:09 AM] Jake/Tees: if 30% of 100
[5:28:11 AM] Jake/Tees: is 33.3333333
[5:28:13 AM] Jake/Tees: then tell me
[5:28:17 AM] Jake/Tees: whats 33%?
[5:28:19 AM] josh: yeah i knew what i ment in my head :D
[5:28:30 AM] Jake/Tees: did you?
[5:28:34 AM] josh: w8
[5:28:37 AM] Jake/Tees: whats 33% josh???
[5:28:43 AM] josh: now thats 33,3333
[5:28:46 AM] Jake/Tees: :D
[5:28:48 AM] Jake/Tees: idiot
[5:28:48 AM] josh: ok
[5:28:50 AM] josh: i give in
[5:29:01 AM] josh: **Filtered**

[9:42:59 PM] robert: look my race :P
[9:43:09 PM] robert: zombie will not come here
[9:43:51 PM] josh: ah no brains
[9:44:04 PM] josh: bit harsh on yourself rob

[11:56:17 PM] Duderanch: KOS [ TÅTS - KOS it IS]
[12:03:49 AM] Duderanch: Someone is scraping the bottom of the barrel
[12:03:59 AM] Duderanch: just cant decide if it's kos or taf

[4:13:09 AM] Cersei Lannister - (Juliette): It's sad to see how many people here (in NL) are starting to use Arabic words for **Filtered**.
[4:13:54 AM] HiMyNameIs Martin: So then getting stoned in the NL may take on another meaning (worry)
~Tziki~ wrote:my ass is busy :'(
You are as peaceful as a nox kitten. Disgraceful.
reborn wrote: You think u can see scripting from spying. Is the demi u have this?

Dr Mariaelena Punicelle (Tier 4)

Skill level: Out of this world

Ability:
Increased able to detect scripts --4.41%
Decreased intelligence if you think the top ability works --99.98%
papa~smurf
Forum Addict

i'm not the one with a [spoiler]rank 18[/spoiler] ME you massing **Filtered**
Easy^ Rocks
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 89633

Honours and Awards

lol, seems like a good idea. Even if it was based on both, half power/half m/e, would show who can handle their power.
Mar 18, 14:52 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 104,724,369 details
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

Just ME would be interesting to see, and way more applicable.
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Platypus0
Fledgling Forumer

i think that AC should be removed from total power, or make suicide rate 1 - 1.
and ME calc is wrong atm..
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

I disagree with the idea myself.

Based solely on time. I agree the ranking system is not the best, but ME ranks are stupid as they can skew badly over time. Imagine the top 10 ME in 1 alliance and then they go inactive with 0 stats. They would stat rank 1 for a long, long time.

Plus I hope he resets ME yearly as its impossible for a newer player to ever hope to rank now. I'd like to see them archived like Q waves. After some time even the ME score loses its meaning outside the top 25
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
papa~smurf
Forum Addict

Lore wrote:I disagree with the idea myself.

Based solely on time. I agree the ranking system is not the best, but ME ranks are stupid as they can skew badly over time. Imagine the top 10 ME in 1 alliance and then they go inactive with 0 stats. They would stat rank 1 for a long, long time.

Plus I hope he resets ME yearly as its impossible for a newer player to ever hope to rank now. I'd like to see them archived like Q waves. After some time even the ME score loses its meaning outside the top 25

didn't think of that, maybe a system that ranked the top alliance me once a month, and tie it into the allaince bank system that is yet to be use, but we keep paying in
Easy^ Rocks
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

papa~smurf wrote:didn't think of that, maybe a system that ranked the top alliance me once a month, and tie it into the allaince bank system that is yet to be use, but we keep paying in

Why? what possible use is there in that?

1. Tho hated by most, Stat building and holding income is a challenge and an art

2. Most people with massive ME has alot of time. Someone with a full time job or works overtime should not be punished for not having as many hrs to put in.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
Tacet
Forum Regular
Alliance: T I T A N S
ID: 84055

I agree with Lore. Even if the ME would be based i.e. on ME gained during the last month, it would penalize players who have limited time. I can log in quite often, but I can't spend enough time to be a serious ME player. Despite that I've built a fair account, and have had my share of fun massing ppl and being massed. SGW (in my opinion) is a slow paced, turn based game. That was the #1 reason why I started playing it. Mmm, these statements might earn me some debate. Well, let it be.

It would be better to keep alliance ranks the way they are, and to show the extra stats such as ME, total army size and total UP. While these would all be nice and interesting to see I fail to see how it would be worth the extra server time used to calculate them all.
~Deathlok~
Forum Regular
Race: SL

power and mil. exp.=aliance ranking,maybe 8)
~wolverine~
Forum Addict

I to agree with lore to. If say Priller and blahh were in 1 alliance together, just together i think they would be very high for a long time and jedi tank if he was in it aswell it would be 1st for quite a while.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

I mean lets be honest, really honest.

Sitting with little to no stats massing people who have stats knowing they can retaliate, Why should that rank you as #1???

Not saying top ME's do so, just saying it is a tactic that game mechanics allow, so do you really wanna rank someone that way?
Reason, youll get dead.
papa~smurf
Forum Addict

Lore wrote:I mean lets be honest, really honest.

Sitting with little to no stats massing people who have stats knowing they can retaliate, Why should that rank you as #1???

Not saying top ME's do so, just saying it is a tactic that game mechanics allow, so do you really wanna rank someone that way?

it just as valid a way to rank players, as is the way it is done now

But we are talking whole alliance ME, ME is a good gauge of activity, be slight(raiding and farming) or large (massing). So is it right, that alliances that are active as war alliances (little stats due to return massing) vs alliances filled with barely active accounts share ranks. On that note, hats off DDE, almost always in the top five, almost always at war.

Also if u notice, there is a plus/minus at the end of the ME calculations. Don't know if Jason planned on having loses count against your rank when he started it, but I think it's time that happen . ME ranking is inflated right now because they don't take in to account the loses major Massers take from those massing, even if it is in lost Attack supers, or return massing because of there actions. If this would happen, then the ranking of whole alliance ME would change, because we all know the actions of one offen bring lost to all.
Easy^ Rocks
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

papa~smurf wrote:1it just as valid a way to rank players, as is the way it is done now
1. I think the definition of what rank means is in question here. Rank has always been about stats. Now its being looked at more as activity. I'll explain more later, but because of the "activity" part of it I disagree with the statement.

2But we are talking whole alliance ME, ME is a good gauge of activity, be slight(raiding and farming) or large (massing). So is it right, that alliances that are active as war alliances (little stats due to return massing) vs alliances filled with barely active accounts share ranks. On that note, hats off DDE, almost always in the top five, almost always at war.

I personally fully disagree with this statement. Let me explain. Who is more active? A mid range account built defense heavy who loggs in every 2 hrs to bank and train, and who crit/nox at night to control his income,,,OR,,,A guy who loggs in before bed 1 time a day to mass anything up and running be it def or MS? Whos more active? Whos has more ME? I see this day after day.

As for sharing Ranks,,,,,,,,I'm torn. I do see and agree with your point, but also personally think if they are truely inactive, then they will not hold their rank.

As for the hats off, 1 warrior to another, Thank You

3Also if u notice, there is a plus/minus at the end of the ME calculations. Don't know if Jason planned on having loses count against your rank when he started it, but I think it's time that happen . ME ranking is inflated right now because they don't take in to account the loses major Massers take from those massing, even if it is in lost Attack supers, or return massing because of there actions. If this would happen, then the ranking of whole alliance ME would change, because we all know the actions of one offen bring lost to all.

I fully 100% agree your losses should count against you. I also think they should be logged, and reset yearly as a Q wave is done as they will soon loss their meaning as an account 1 or 2 yrs old will never be able to compete in ME.
Reason, youll get dead.

Return to “Suggestions Archive”