Emails of Mods and Ombuds guy

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
KnowLedge
Forum Elite
Race: Lord of all Daimon
ID: 0

Emails of Mods and Ombuds guy

While i was banned for 2 weeks, i realized how bad it is to be stuck like that.. If i did not have the email of the ombudsmen and the mods i would never be able to apeal my ban..

So im not sure if a thread exists, But we can make this that thread?
consisiting with all the forum admins/mods and the onbuds dude's emails. This will be helpful when some1 gets banned for unbelievable reasons.

Thanks.
ask me anything, i shell provide you free knowledge

Untrained Units Sold : 1245 Million UU

Am I a Good trader??
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=114491
HellGirl is my **Filtered**!
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Re: Emails of Mods and Ombuds guy

Unbelievable reasons.... lol just lol.
Image ImageImageImage
KnowLedge
Forum Elite

also if the emails rnt given, how is the banned person supposed to find out what was he banned for?

and clarky, u didnt ban, so u had no idea what those reasons were..

Am I a Good trader??
KnowLedge
Forum Elite

Earendil wrote:It doesn't matter. There are people, users and mods alike who wish not to give their e-mails out and it should not be asked of them to.

well if they wanna ban someone, then they should have the responsibility of that ban to that person. Not just ban and the realizing that the ban was unjust after 2 weeks. Maybe make a SGW forum email?

Doesnt even have to be ur main email,.

how is one supposed to contac tthe ombuds dude if not by email, and what if there were questions specific to the forum mods, that cannot be asked while banned?

What then?

Am I a Good trader??
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

AssAsinX wrote:also if the emails rnt given, how is the banned person supposed to find out what was he banned for?

Just because I didn't ban you, doesn't mean I don't know why you were banned. I can clearly see your warnings and the reason for ban.
Image ImageImageImage
KnowLedge
Forum Elite

Clarkey wrote:
AssAsinX wrote:also if the emails rnt given, how is the banned person supposed to find out what was he banned for?

Just because I didn't ban you, doesn't mean I don't know why you were banned. I can clearly see your warnings and the reason for ban.

im not saying my ban was unjust, im saying if some1 else was banned unjustly then they would have no way of doing anything..

I would like a list of mods/admins that give out warnings and that actually ban people. Because if they are gonna hide behind the forum, while the other person cant have a say is just stupid.

Am I a Good trader??
KnowLedge
Forum Elite

Earendil wrote:Wrong. Why should a person always have a say if they're banned? Ever think that people actually deserve it?

Anyways, most everyone on the forums has someone else on their e-mails who can access the forums, or even pm ingame asking about it...

u havent seen of people banned unjustly by modz? maybe its cause ur new, but it happens. and 2 weeks of banned time is useless, why are you so against giving a sgw email that you log on to once a day to check for msg for the sgw?

ur a MOD, u have the responsibility for explaining ur actions, Not just banning away cause u see something is breaking the rules, I am not going to say much now, Only that it is needed and the mods like urself who are against explaining ur actions to the person are cowards.

I suggest the bigger mods that actually warn people post their email in a thread and sticky it or something.

and not everyone has friends on sgw, u cant go around assuming that the person has access to the mods, when they dont.

PlUS, this isnt even that big of a deal, You can always block ppl on msn that u dont wanna talk to. But if it was important, like an unjust ban, only you will regreat.

I mean whats the point of a ombudsman if theres no way to contact them. its utterly useless. just like how having mods that dont wanna explain their actions are.

Am I a Good trader??
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

AssAsinX wrote:
Earendil wrote:Wrong. Why should a person always have a say if they're banned? Ever think that people actually deserve it?

Anyways, most everyone on the forums has someone else on their e-mails who can access the forums, or even pm ingame asking about it...

u havent seen of people banned unjustly by modz? maybe its cause ur new, but it happens. and 2 weeks of banned time is useless, why are you so against giving a sgw email that you log on to once a day to check for msg for the sgw?

ur a MOD, u have the responsibility for explaining ur actions, Not just banning away cause u see something is breaking the rules, I am not going to say much now, Only that it is needed and the mods like urself who are against explaining ur actions to the person are cowards.

I suggest the bigger mods that actually warn people post their email in a thread and sticky it or something.

and not everyone has friends on sgw, u cant go around assuming that the person has access to the mods, when they dont.

if you cannot contact someone through forum pm. then there is still ingame pm's aswell as msn. Most mods have their msn adresses in their profiles and the same forum and ingame name.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
KnowLedge
Forum Elite

deni wrote:
AssAsinX wrote:

if you cannot contact someone through forum pm. then there is still ingame pm's aswell as msn. Most mods have their msn adresses in their profiles and the same forum and ingame name.

not everyone that use forum play ingame, I currently have my account on VAC, and i dont wanna get it off it. and second if someone isnt logged in, then they cant see the profile of forum members,

I seriously dont get why you mods are resisting this motion... its so small, will take 5 min, but will same so much trouble for the banned member.

Am I a Good trader??
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

If someone wants to give their email out, so be it. I am not giving out mine though. Being available on forums, ingame and on irc/msn is more then enough.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

hmm...

AssAsinX

Earendil

---------------

revealing personal contact information is something that many do not like doing...

there are very, very few people that do not have any means of contacting anyone else in the game or forum community who can speak on their behalf...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

I tend to agree with the mods here, its not a requirement.

But I do agree that the oms should give a non forum means of communication be it their email or one made for the position. I wouldnt have a proplem giving my email, only problem is I opened mine for the first time in about 2 or 3 months and had 1600 messages, 15550 were pure internet spam. So basicly it would be a waste for me to post it.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Lore wrote:I tend to agree with the mods here, its not a requirement.

But I do agree that the oms should give a non forum means of communication be it their email or one made for the position. I wouldnt have a proplem giving my email, only problem is I opened mine for the first time in about 2 or 3 months and had 1600 messages, 15550 were pure internet spam. So basicly it would be a waste for me to post it.

:lol:
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
KnowLedge
Forum Elite

Zeratul wrote:hmm...

AssAsinX

Earendil

---------------

revealing personal contact information is something that many do not like doing...

there are very, very few people that do not have any means of contacting anyone else in the game or forum community who can speak on their behalf...

what happens when those few people get banned.

so wheres the ombudsmen's email.. if there no way to contact them then whats the point of having one.

Am I a Good trader??
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

My e-mail is 'cisite@gmail.com.'

In the event that you are banned, AssAsinX, then feel free to e-mail me and I'll be happy to forward your comments and concerns both the ombudsmen and my fellow moderators. Hopefully whatever hatemail I recieve from publically disclosing this address will be a nice break from the spam e-mails about car insurance and penis enlargement which I recieve on a regular basis.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”