the problem of 10bill planets untrained accounts

Suggest any improvements
~Insider Trader~
Forum Irregular

the problem of 10bill planets untrained accounts

theres a few of these around. 10.1bill planet accounts with 10bill untrained and a hundred mill in supers that would be untrained if they were allowed.

I don't like the fact that you can put your account into a "no risk" state of nothingness just by not training anything. Seems utterly stupid from a gameplay point of view but today makes total sense because the current game mechanics encourage it.

Plain and simple I would like to see the removal of "untrained" planets. Any planets not in attack, def, covert or assassin would automatically be income producing planets. From what I gather the concept is popular in other servers and should work well here.
thorslittleworld
Forum Regular

Re: the problem of 10bill planets untrained accounts

Last edited by thorslittleworld on Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate
ID: 0

they could be trained as workers to produce income , that what IT meant so others can farm them.

asc server neds some changes to improve the game play of those that plays it at least
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

myworld. wrote:well Im not 10b planets, but hey you know what thats upto me if I leave them untrained

Ascended is boring and I have spent 6 months of constant farming to get the power levels where they are now

some noob with 4 or 5b planets can just kill everything, and they would recover quicker than I would even with 3x their fleets ect

So until some worthwhile work is done like Ms power, twiddle with some ratios then it will remain the same

Agree, ascended sucks, its beyond saving, player has 9bill planets, along comes a sniper account and farms you, then there to small to attack back, game is all messed up, nothing other than a complete reset is needed, but then it screws the people that played before the update.

Personally admin should just forget about ascended in main full stop, maybe re-introduce it for origins later ( WAY LATER ) where it can be made right.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
Lithium
Forum Zombie

a sniper at strike lvl 1300 would need 1b planets in strike to make 20Q def , which is normal for a a 9b account. if u put another 500mil planets in cov for that sniper then hes at the attack range.

problem is that snipers are part of the game , account at 9b dont bother to login ofter and save their dmu or to rise def/cov lvl. thats why snipers rise up quicly , theres a lot of dmu out.
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

until the sniper issue is resolved, defense becomes more then a worthless liability, assasination power is balanced, and the CS is made useful, I will continue to untrain all my income planets when not online, and train them when i am.

Fix the real issues, not the symptomes caused by them. I am sick of seeing bandaid after bandaid being put on a wound that will not stop bleeding till the root issues are resolved.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Lithium
Forum Zombie

hard to have the root one changed
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

lithium wrote:hard to have the root one changed

then no amount of bandaids will fix the game

just in my opinion.

I do believe the game can be salvaged, and fixed. Take everything down to a % of what it once was, population, power, incomes, everything. If you want to make powerups stackable then fine, but make them about .01% increase per upgrade. the present power ups are totally to massive. look at CERs for example.

Balance the attacks, as assasination is stupidly over powered.

Make deascention possible, there are a few good/decent ideas out there.

Make planets destroyable, stop the "turtle shell" and "sniper" tactics.

Should be more about one on one ascended being combat, not about building a strike once a week and burning all your AT in an hr, then walking away scott free.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
Lithium
Forum Zombie

hard to remove the sniping tactic unless the cap is removed which it ll slow them down but not stop, because too many build a def and dont log. these guys makes snipers more powerfull and those that actively plays ascended are somehow victims of snipers.

assassins are the only way to take down a massive def, u cant mass it like in main.

in case it ll have some fixes i hope it ll not become a like main
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

This proposal makes sense in a way.. but like Lore said, it'd be yet another short term solution to a series of really rather long term problems.

As the owner of one such account, I can safely attest to the fact that were this change implemented then I'd just stick myself into permenant vacation and have done with it. I daresay the same is true for many other players. It certainly wouldn't benefit the server in any way, shape or form.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Lithium
Forum Zombie

Mordack wrote:This proposal makes sense in a way.. but like Lore said, it'd be yet another short term solution to a series of really rather long term problems.

As the owner of one such account, I can safely attest to the fact that were this change implemented then I'd just stick myself into permenant vacation and have done with it. I daresay the same is true for many other players. It certainly wouldn't benefit the server in any way, shape or form.

vacation affect main bonuses.
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

lithium wrote:
Mordack wrote:This proposal makes sense in a way.. but like Lore said, it'd be yet another short term solution to a series of really rather long term problems.

vacation affect main bonuses.

A negligible loss, though. Especially for those involved in the server war.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Lithium
Forum Zombie

yep
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

lithium wrote:hard to remove the sniping tactic unless the cap is removed which it ll slow them down but not stop, because too many build a def and dont log. these guys makes snipers more powerfull and those that actively plays ascended are somehow victims of snipers.

assassins are the only way to take down a massive def, u cant mass it like in main.

in case it ll have some fixes i hope it ll not become a like main

I dont understand your point about being a sniper is the only way to take down a defense? First off no one masses a defense. The assasinate it. It kills 94% of both atta and def planets in the 30 hits it takes to phase.

Eliminating the caps wont help against anything except brand ne snipers you can outgrow. Look at freman and his CER. no matter the cap, or removal of it, you cant outgrow him.
Reason, youll get dead.
~Insider Trader~
Forum Irregular

Can we leave the whole sniper crap out of just one topic for a moment? You're all bright people (well most of you are...but I'm not going to judge...), if instead of whinging about it for a year you may have put the time to good use working out a way to counter it by now lol.

I was trying to provoke a response regarding the fact that you can get away with training nothing and effectively put your account into a risk-free state.
I just do not find it acceptable and I would like to know all of your thoughts. I don't care if you want to go on vac mode if something like this is implemented. I may not agree with the sentiments but its an opinion and I respect that. (sorry to single you out Mordack). I just want a discussion on whether training nothing should, from a game design point of view, be an acceptable long term playing tactic.

thankyou

Return to “Suggestions”