Any, good reason, maybe?

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Sarevok
Forum Addict
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 0

Re: get rid of covert capacity

If you don't use it, it only saves up 100, so there's no point trying to "save", unlike AT, which you can get as many as you want (if you buy with $$)
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

disagree, its to exploitable. an alliance can build 1 mans covert and do ALL the alliance spying.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
supercow
Forum Newbie

so? it limits how much i can play because i raid and prefer not to play a guessing game with probing. the only way it would be exploitable is if there wasnt a sab cap, which i think there is regardless of using more covert cap. who cares if someone can spy a lot? they can still put a cap on total sabbing per day.
Sarevok
Forum Addict

Erm, and this is un-doable now? I admit, you can't spy over 100 players, but you can spy and entire alliance anyway.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

A new alliance, all 10 mill or less, all small coverts. With the building of 1 mans covert, they can spy people they normally could not see, plus they can spy constantly.

Why not just remove the need for covert?

heck why have AT? why not make it unlimited attack to?

The limits are there to make you work a bit, if everything was drop dead easy, why play?

Anyway, its just my opinion.

oh, and dont forget you can "covert phase" someone with enough spy attempts, that can stopp sabbing completely.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
supercow
Forum Newbie

or at least make it so covert cap doesn't have a limit so it builds up when you dont use it for over a day, because some days i dont feel like playing, but i use up 100 in like half an hour or less so i dont have crap to do in the game for the rest of the time im bored on the internet, cant even listen to music any more because i dont have speakers.

how would it make it "drop dead easy"? it would make it less boring. again, who cares if they can spy? if they really have to combine everything just to spy, what can they really do other than that anyway?
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

supercow wrote:or at least make it so covert cap doesn't have a limit so it builds up when you dont use it for over a day, because some days i dont feel like playing, but i use up 100 in like half an hour or less so i dont have crap to do in the game for the rest of the time im bored on the internet, cant even listen to music any more because i dont have speakers.

how would it make it "drop dead easy"? it would make it less boring. again, who cares if they can spy? if they really have to combine everything just to spy, what can they really do other than that anyway?
Do you like, spy every account on the page? I raid and can use 10k AT and not go through all 100 Covert Turns. Maybe you should use more discretion in your use of them.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Ridd1ck
Forum Elder
Alliance: Nemesis Tempest
Race: Necromonger
ID: 1961274

The only thing I might agree with is Raising the covert attempts cap a little. Not much say maybe to 150 or maybe 200. Not enough to allow "TOO MUCH" exploitation, but enough to benefit, Lonewolves.

Only the dead have seen the end of war. (Plato)
supercow
Forum Newbie

no, i spy all the ones above a certain army size. do you not raid inactives? i dont see how what you say is possible unless you spy actives who you know might have millions out.
Sarevok
Forum Addict

@Lore: Any alliance can do that anyway, and with 10m, they'd be lucky to reach the covert level of anyone with over 100m
supercow
Forum Newbie

yes, if they want, they can just give all the uu to a person to use for spying, then give to someone else to spy, etc. it favors the many over the people who play by themselves.
Sarevok
Forum Addict

With a 1% loss? I don't think an alliance of 10m size players would accept loosing 1m/transfer
supercow
Forum Newbie

im talking about bigger ones, not necessarily 10m armies. and it wouldnt be 1m/transfer would be 100k/transfer if it was a 10m transfer. bigger players dont care as much.

Return to “Suggestions Archive”