Complaint against a forum moderator

Ombudsman Case Archives
Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

Complaint against a forum moderator

Fallout wrote:The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=130&p=1753994#p1753994 .

Nigatsu_Aka wrote:Beware of scam. This guy doesn`t have an army big enough to sell 100m UU.

Name: Fallout

Ancient God of the ORI
{Temporarily on the Protected Planets Treaty...}
Plane: Normal Reality
Commander: None
Race: NanoTiMaster
Army Size: 63,997,357

calling a mod scammer with no proof seems a good warning reason to me. thank you for posting

I have a complaint against the forum moderator Fallout.

This so called moderator is selling 100 mil UUs for $ when his ingame account has only 60mil army. All i did was to post a beware of a possible scammer. Now i got a warning for posting this, when i actually showed proof and mentioned that it`s a possible scam. This board warning is biassed because it commes from the same person and shows that he abuses his powers to get me forum banned as a retribution because i massed him ingame. Another proof that this mod is abusing his powers is the fact that i did not got any verbal warning before being issued a forum warning.
Fallout
Forum Regular

Re: Complaint against a forum moderator

first off, i don't own an ingame account at this point.
account your referring to was sold several days before your posting in my uu topic, it was sold for ... wait for it ... 100mil uu and some naq.

i gave you 24h to apologizes for your post. viewtopic.php?p=1754043#p1754043
you didnt do it. ive been working on my clean name for several years now and you bashed it with one post. guess what after your post several possible uu buyers didn't want to buy uu anymore.
If you would taken the time and see my signature you would notice there is a little thingy called trade feedback, all of those are CASH trades.

don't worry about me being removed from the mod spot if this warning will be removed ill give up the spot myself. Dont really want to a mod in a forum where ppl like you get a free ride.
little sample how some ppl PM others:
Nigatsu_Aka wrote:Those warning were supposed to be removed since January when i was suspended for 2 weeks.
I have no reason to apologise when i showed the proof.
I`m not masking any words, they are filtered automatically.

still waiting for the proof me being a scammer.

PS! wont post here until im being said so by some higher up forum stuff. Have fun on your propaganda.
Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

I copy/pasted the details from the ingame attack page on the user called Fallout. I do not care if you sold your account or that account is yours or not anymore. It belonged to you and has your name, therefore it must have been yours. It is clear: there are 2 users: Fallout game user and Fallout forum user and mod. I checked the facts and posted a warning not an accusation. And if you don`t a have game account but you sell resources that makes you a cheater or worse: scammer. It`s your word. How can you sell ingame resources when you don`t own an account?

I`m not obliged to apologise to anyone when the proof is there. And i`m not meaning the proof that you are a scammer, i never suggested that. I mean the proof that your account cannot sell 100m UU when it has 60m total army on it which makes a warning that there might be a possible scam. Fact!

You don`t have to use drama to support your cause.
Last edited by Nigatsu_Aka on Fri May 01, 2009 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
DarkWolf
Forum Grunt

Well I can confirm that he isn't a scamer as he sold the account to me for 100mill uu + some naq oh and Nigatsu_Aka it was actualy me who you massed :lol: I've sent you a ingame pm but was told you don't read them by a friend today.

About the name, I'm waiting for the new owner of my old account to change it (he needs to wait for market turns) so I can change it back to mine...

Sorry for the confusion it is kinda my fault, I wanted to post the account change on the forum right after the name situation was solved.
Sorry again.

cheers
Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

DarkWolf wrote:Well I can confirm that he isn't a scamer as he sold the account to me for 100mill uu + some naq oh and Nigatsu_Aka it was actualy me who you massed :lol: I've sent you a ingame pm but was told you don't read them by a friend today.

About the name, I'm waiting for the new owner of my old account to change it (he needs to wait for market turns) so I can change it back to mine...

Sorry for the confusion it is kinda my fault, I wanted to post the account change on the forum right after the name situation was solved.
Sorry again.

cheers

Ok, he should have posted this and asked you to confirm it, if he really wanted to be fair and impartial as a moderator and not issuing a pointless warning and by this, abusing his moderator powers against a fair forum user whos intention was to draw attention on a possible scam on an account that looked like a possible scammer, which I did.

Quoting the forum rules which a forum moderator must know or the short version of the forum rules there is absolutely no solid reason to issue a warning for my post.

A moderator can only warn against a clear breach of forum rules which i did not.

No where in the rules, does it says it's an offense to call another player a scammer, regardless of the truth of it (which is the reason why i was issued this warning).
Fallout wrote:calling a mod scammer with no proof seems a good warning reason to me. thank you for posting

Let alone, whether mods should be able to warn for being called it. (If Fallout called me a scammer, would he be warned? No. And that makes his accusation unfair.)

Hence my complaint against this forum moderator is fair.
I only want my warning to be removed and the said moderator warned. If the forum admins feel the need to investigate Fallouts activity as a forum mod, please feel free to do so.

My plead had ended. I presented all the facts as an evidence. If there is need for more informations, regarding to this complaint please ask.

PS.
There was an exchange of PMs between me and Fallout. There was no breach of rules in those messages either and they should not be used as an attack method to sustain his cause for this warning (if he thinks that those arguments will save him).
Manetheren
Forum Elite
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Ancient
ID: 0

Hmm.. lots of spam here.. Ill have to clean it up and see if someone can issue some warnings..
Empedocles has requested permission to post here.. That is granted.. so
the only people that should be posting here are ...

Me..
Nigatsu
Fallout
and Empedocles.

Edit.. Darkwolf allowed to post too as he was directly involved.

Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Hmmm... Yes, well I just wanted to add my opinion. Although I personally would have asked another Mod to handle the situation since doing it myself would obviously not be objective, that is not the point I wanted to make. Your post was spam Nigatsu, just because it was mis-placed not because Fallout may or may not be a scammer, that I have no idea on.

The Black Listed Traders section is where your post/new topic should have belonged. If you have a concern about the legitimacy of a trade then that is where you should have posted, not spamming/de-railing Fallout's trade thread.

Thanks for reading :-D

As per above I did ask if I could give my opinion on the matter, as a fellow Market Mod.

~Empy

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Manetheren
Forum Elite

Empedocles wrote:Hmmm... Yes, well I just wanted to add my opinion. Although I personally would have asked another Mod to handle the situation since doing it myself would obviously not be objective, that is not the point I wanted to make. Your post was spam Nigatsu, just because it was mis-placed not because Fallout may or may not be a scammer, that I have no idea on.

The Black Listed Traders section is where your post/new topic should have belonged. If you have a concern about the legitimacy of a trade then that is where you should have posted, not spamming/de-railing Fallout's trade thread.

Thanks for reading :-D

As per above I did ask if I could give my opinion on the matter, as a fellow Market Mod.

~Empy

I would agree with you mate if he had been warned for spam and then if it was spam. The way I read his post it was relevant to the topic. But that doesnt matter much since the warning was issued for "calling a mod a scammer". There is no rule against that.

Im going to bed in a few min but Im leaning towards asking for the warning to be removed unless some other evidence presents itself.
Fallout
Forum Regular

Nigatsu_Aka wrote:Beware of scam. This guy doesn`t have an army big enough to sell 100m UU.

Name: Fallout

Ancient God of the ORI
{Temporarily on the Protected Planets Treaty...}
Plane: Normal Reality
Commander: None
Army Size: 63,997,357

its not a warning, warning is something like "be aware account named Fallout dose not have the amount of uu to sell it, might be a scam"
this is a personal attack against me, not sure why.
he`s saying "Beware of scam", that is seen as hes knows for sure im a scammer. This post was good for only one reason, to destroy my honor as i didn't had an ingame account anymore that he could attack. He also got a PM about account change from the new owner even before he made that certain post!
Also i posted about that in my uu sale thread, he got the warning 24h after his original post.

seems like everyone has eaten up his and his friends propaganda so im done with this issue.
whatever the decision will be, im sure he will continue to verbally attack me in the future.
So don't be surprised if in the future another mod gets attacked by ridiculous claims cause he might have been trouble to some certain ppl.
Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

Fallout,
I don`t have any issues with you nor with other mod except for this unfair warning. How you interpret my wording, does not change the fact that you have no solid reason for giving me a warning.

Your attack method to my complain to defend your issued warning, since i have proved that there is no rule against calling someone scammer is to motivate that my post was spam. I will quote the rules in this case too.

Section 4: Spam

b. Replies
Replies will be considered spam if they do not contribute to the discussion of the topic. This may include off topic posting or an excessive number of posts that contain nothing more than emoticons or small words such as ‘lol’. While it is appropriate to indicate something is amusing, drowning out a whole thread with such posts makes it hard to follow for all users.

Consequence:
A polite note from a moderator will be issued requesting the user cut down the amount of irrelevant posts. Repeat offenders will be given one warning point.

While my post indeed did not contribuited for your sale because it was actually an warning for a possible scam it was relevant to the topic since it presented vital information about your account, or at least the account that i thought to be yours since it had/has you name. There were no other excesive posts, no verbal abuses from me. In fact the only person who abused from this was Fallout. He abused his mod status and asked me to apologise for something that I felt no need to, or else... well this is the reaction for his action (conclusion).

Long wording made short: Fallout abused his mod status to aquire an umotivated apologise and when that was not given, the warning has been issued with the motivation that he posted:
calling a mod scammer with no proof seems a good warning reason to me. thank you for posting

Also, to spice things up a bit, notice his last wording: "thank you for posting". He was thrilled that he had at least one post to have me warned. That is not a reaction from a mod, who has to be impartial. To quote the role of a mod (made by Forum, it is older than the new rules but they still apply):
3) mods will mod the forum. they will NOT comment on the right/wrong of specific views, ingame actions, inforum comments directed at others, inforum comments directed at themselves, or any other specifics. In short, it is not to be their job to pass opinion.
4) mods WILL mod the forum. they can edit/delete/ban/move topics, users and posts.

By issuing this warning, by his attitude in the PM after the warning was issued, by harasing a forum user to obtain a public apologise, by not knowing the rules that he has to apply, Fallout has surpassed his mod status, his impartiality towards all the users. I see plenty of reasons to have his activity as a moderator investigated by the forum admins and this will be my next legal attack against him after this issue will be resolved.

To strenghten furthermore my next step, i will quote Fallout (posted above this post):
seems like everyone has eaten up his and his friends propaganda so im done with this issue.
whatever the decision will be, im sure he will continue to verbally attack me in the future.
So don't be surprised if in the future another mod gets attacked by ridiculous claims cause he might have been trouble to some certain ppl.

This is his response to a complaint from a forum user that felt that was unrightfully punished. There is no propaganda, there are no friends to sustain "my propaganda", i am not part of and not in need of any propaganda to sustain my cause. I follow the rules. I know then rules and when i break them, i break them on purpose but suffer the consequences with dignity (which i did in January when was the last time when i was suspended: for spam [and btw it seems that my warnings from then were not reseted and now my counter in the personal control pannel shows a warning level of 5, when it should be 1 with this unfair warning] - you see Fallout, i was never accused/warned/suspended for verbally atacks against any forum user, i never did that nor will I ever do it outside the galactic colosseum where roleplaying is permitted). The only person to use propaganda for his defense is you, but i will not continue this argument, it is just an observation.
Manetheren
Forum Elite

i have recommended that the warning be removed and the admins have agreed. Nigatsu, your user notes should be updated soon.
This issue is now closed.

Return to “Case Archives”