Race Formalisation

Sarevok
Forum Addict
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 0

Race Formalisation

Was thinking, maybe won't be liked, but sorta inline with Reschef's suggestion about being about to search by race.

How do people feel about being able to make races like alliances? As in, generate a race, and get people to join that race by signing up like an alliance. I know it's like having 2 alliances, but would make race wars more interesting, and be able to see who's apart of that race?
sniperbull
Forum Irregular
Race: Tollan

Re: Race Formalisation

With the new update, that would be kind of pointless. seeing as everyone can now make their own race.

Jack: I'd hate for someone to claim that I am equal to Mathlord, doesn't get much more insulting that.
Noobert: You are equal to Mathlord! *Runs as fast as possible from Jack*
Jack: No matter how fast you run you cant run faster then the ban hammer. *bans Noobert*
Sarevok
Forum Addict

That's like saying Alliances are pointless, as everyone can have their own alliance. Eventually admin is going to make changing race like changing name, or change race like it was before. And this would allow for inter-race wars, but allow people to maintain their alliance relations as well
sniperbull
Forum Irregular
Race: Tollan

this is true. But what happens if you have a race called The spartans with close to 500 People in it, and a race called The olympians with say 30 people in. Doing a race war with 500 on 30 is quite unfair, and then finding those 30 people become like taking candy from a baby pretty much.

Not saying the idea is completely pointless, just has some flaws.

Jack: I'd hate for someone to claim that I am equal to Mathlord, doesn't get much more insulting that.
Noobert: You are equal to Mathlord! *Runs as fast as possible from Jack*
Jack: No matter how fast you run you cant run faster then the ban hammer. *bans Noobert*
Sarevok
Forum Addict

You can still do it with individual races, just look for them, and target them, besides, 500 (maybe not so large, except the dominions) vs 30 wouldn't be uncommon if they ticked of the wrong people in said dominion
Sarevok
Forum Addict

Wasn't aiming for secondary alliances, would just allow more formalization of alliances is what i was more going for
th0r_
Fledgling Forumer
Race: ancient

I agree with SuperSaiyan, it will make things more messy, and it will make us more confused.
Sarevok
Forum Addict

Then why bother having races at all? Just make it a different technological development tree, and remove races :P
Kroony
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Trout-Slap
Race: Trout Master
ID: 34764

that is a fair point... races are just a custom user field. I cant really see their point anymore. unless Im missing something?
Maha Vishnu
System Lord
Alliance: Pharoah- Goauld Empire
Race: Goa'uld

Kroony wrote:that is a fair point... races are just a custom user field. I cant really see their point anymore. unless Im missing something?

If that was the case then I would pack up and go and play another game. The only point that keeps me here is the rivalry with the races.

I get no satisfaction if I massed a player of a non descript gender/race.

But, massing a Tauri, asgard etc really pumps the juices :shock:

If the objective was to take as much space or domains as possible then I agree, races are no good but come on.

The game has been downed due to the lack of players using races which the game started out like, now we have siths, hobos, vampires even drunks etc, instead of Ori, Genii, alterans etc etc.

So, to me the game has lost its sparkle, but still drinkable :lol:

Host=Does not matter, Goauld=Maha Vishnu, Ori = ????? OOC:=ME
Descensions
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Kroony
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Trout-Slap
Race: Trout Master
ID: 34764

Harakash Maha Vishnu wrote:If that was the case then I would pack up and go and play another game. The only point that keeps me here is the rivalry with the races.

mmm fair call. i guess personaly not caring about race made me forget other people might still care
Sarevok
Forum Addict

lol, unfortunately mate, the universe revolves around me, not you :P

Return to “Suggestions Archive”