Broker Upgrade

Taure
Forum Irregular
Race: Asuran
ID: 25525

Broker Upgrade

Have you ever brokered someone only to find that they'd gone offline in the time that you were brokering them, and now they're going to accept the broker when you're offline, making it so the resources are pretty much open for anyone to take?

It's really annoying.

I'm not suggesting that people be able to reject their own brokers again, as that's not gonna happen, but rather that the system in place be adjusted slightly.

Currently if you make a broker and it's rejected, your resources sit in the broker for a time period for you to recover.

I'm asking for the same thing with successful brokers that are accepted: the resources stay in the broker for a time period, until they can be recovered at a time of convenience for the receiver, rather than the resources being dumped into their account for the taking.
CABAL
Forum Expert
Alliance: Aquila Ignis
Race: Death Watch
ID: 0

Re: Broker Upgrade

Agreed

MS-1 -> T-26 -> T-46 -> T-28 -> KV -> KV-3 -> IS -> IS-3 -> IS-4 -> IS-7
bigcakes
Forum Elite
Alliance: DSL
Race: WorldEnder
ID: 1908950

good suggestion, and i dont think it would be hard to implement.
kbye
john
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

I don't see any reason not to implement it. Although I am sure someone will come up with something far fetched.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

I think.. not 100% sure.. that this has been suggested before, or other similar systems to prevent this.
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Byrnes
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Åncientcouncilmember
ID: 1943734

Yea great id cause i dont broker people cause i dont know when it will be accepted or even at all i only broker if i have too

Jedi~Tank wrote:So who was whining about the alliance repair and got it changed?
Im in josh's rant,Ra tells of how he admires me,Harch loves me, and Jack says im an idiot
~Josh~ Dead and Gone wrote:
Second, piss ants who kiss ass to get on peoples good sides. I remember one in particular, Byrnes. Now, no offence to you, but your nose is so brown I cant even make fun of you without feeling bad. Its a game, man up and dont be a puss.
Ra wrote: Truth be told.. I'm just nervous to be in the same thread as the legendary Byrnes. He just makes me quake in my boots, I wouldn't dare hit him back.
harchester wrote: Ra seriously, who are you, byrnes may suck in most peoples eyes but seriously..u think ur a big shot for wearing the Omega tag ?....your nothing kid....instead of yapping on forums mass byrnes ingame ?

Byrnes >>>> Ra anyday of the week
Dr. House wrote: Ya know, Byrnes, you used to be a good kid. Now however, you're just an obnoxious little idiot that tries to act tougher than he really is. That makes you weak and pathetic. :smt011

Image Image
DarkAvenger 666
Forum Irregular
Race: Ancient
ID: 66613

Thats an amazing idea
~Josh~
"The Canadian"
Alliance: The Collective
Race: Hobo
ID: 1968761

Yes!!!
muffafuffin wrote:nevermind please disregard my nap as the SGW gods (and by gods i mean TC) dont see a nap in my future.
MY TRADE FEEDBACK
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Good idea, this will also stop potential scamming, where 1 person gets the broker, and gets there friend to wait to hit said target, person accepts, other person is offline then hit, or person being brokered hits them.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
Byrnes
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Åncientcouncilmember
ID: 1943734

:shock: No SS how could you :shock:
Pirates ruin everything :lol:

Jedi~Tank wrote:So who was whining about the alliance repair and got it changed?
Im in josh's rant,Ra tells of how he admires me,Harch loves me, and Jack says im an idiot
~Josh~ Dead and Gone wrote:
Second, piss ants who kiss ass to get on peoples good sides. I remember one in particular, Byrnes. Now, no offence to you, but your nose is so brown I cant even make fun of you without feeling bad. Its a game, man up and dont be a puss.
Ra wrote: Truth be told.. I'm just nervous to be in the same thread as the legendary Byrnes. He just makes me quake in my boots, I wouldn't dare hit him back.
harchester wrote: Ra seriously, who are you, byrnes may suck in most peoples eyes but seriously..u think ur a big shot for wearing the Omega tag ?....your nothing kid....instead of yapping on forums mass byrnes ingame ?

Byrnes >>>> Ra anyday of the week
Dr. House wrote: Ya know, Byrnes, you used to be a good kid. Now however, you're just an obnoxious little idiot that tries to act tougher than he really is. That makes you weak and pathetic. :smt011

Image Image
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

SuperSaiyan wrote:
Taure wrote:Have you ever brokered someone only to find that they'd gone offline in the time that you were brokering them, and now they're going to accept the broker when you're offline, making it so the resources are pretty much open for anyone to take?

It's really annoying.

I'm not suggesting that people be able to reject their own brokers again, as that's not gonna happen, but rather that the system in place be adjusted slightly.

Currently if you make a broker and it's rejected, your resources sit in the broker for a time period for you to recover.

I'm asking for the same thing with successful brokers that are accepted: the resources stay in the broker for a time period, until they can be recovered at a time of convenience for the receiver, rather than the resources being dumped into their account for the taking.

I'll say no to this one, I think it removes the risk of trading too much, although convienient and I have lot alot due to this, it shouldn't be implemented imo

Why should there be any risk to trading? That's about the last thing that needs to be risky...

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Castiel
Forum Expert
Alliance: DDE
Race: Angel
ID: 10351

This is a good idea, like GC said it's makes scamming harder.
What's it feel like? Took the wrong route
Watch it fall apart now you're knockin' at the wrong gate
For you to pay the toll, a price for you alone
The only deal you'll find, I'll gladly take your soul

Eleven's hour is over now, the clock is striking Twelve.
muffafuffin
Forum Elite
Race: Ori
ID: 0

should be atleast a little risk for those that dont ppt when they trade. i trade all the time without ppt and go to bed and its a risk you take if your not willing to use the ppt. i dont think it should remove the risk as its part of the game and a thrill for people hunting for that big hit.
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG
- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK

Koo'Keez The Tok'ra
Spoiler
Trade Feedback: http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=141353
~Vix~
Forum Elder
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: THE Forum Warrior
ID: 87619

Sounds stupidly simple, so simple that I'm sure that if it came it a massive bug must follow... but what :lol:
Its a great obvious idea, kudos to the thread stater for pointing it out. Can some one bring it up at next admin meet or get a yes or no from Admin(s) about this>

I agree with what some of the above said, trading is one of the only things where there should be 0% risk.
Forgotten Serenity wrote:Being massed, one will not consider massing back, but must mass back, since we will show no weakness. If one cannot comply, than he is not worth our Name... Forgotten Serenity
Colton
Forum Elder
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Canadian
ID: 1938534

SuperSaiyan wrote:
Taure wrote:Have you ever brokered someone only to find that they'd gone offline in the time that you were brokering them, and now they're going to accept the broker when you're offline, making it so the resources are pretty much open for anyone to take?

It's really annoying.

I'll say no to this one, I think it removes the risk of trading too much, although convienient and I have lot alot due to this, it shouldn't be implemented imo

I thought I was the only one to have this opinion :shock:
muffafuffin wrote:should be atleast a little risk for those that dont ppt when they trade. i trade all the time without ppt and go to bed and its a risk you take if your not willing to use the ppt. i dont think it should remove the risk as its part of the game and a thrill for people hunting for that big hit.

Precisely :-D

Return to “Suggestions Archive”