This Game Needs To Change

angryman
Forum Irregular

This Game Needs To Change

This game is such a great idea - it just needs to really change in a way that makes people hurt more!!

there is no reward to massing someone!! it's easy to do - takes turns & some Naq is all!!!

Why can this game not make it more like a war where one gets real long lasting damage?

Make it so that when someone gets massed it's not just a 2 min fix to getting back to where they were? if smaller players are worried use Perg!
Prince_of_Darkness wrote: funny... ask angryman why i never have stats... all i train he kills... duuuuh...
http://www.dearjesus.co.za
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

Re: This Game Needs To Change

....because this has never been suggested before.

Many, many threads have been devoted to this in the game suggestions section. Heck, I made one last year, got shot down because I said miners should be killable....couldn't possibly have something killable now could we?
viewtopic.php?f=160&t=127659&p=1543268#p1543268

Atm, people sit with 300mil army size, mass who they like, with nothing to be killed in return......takes all the fun out of the game, and to be frank, its just become a waste of time.

Oh well. I doubt anything will change....people seem to like this limbo stage....claim to be "warriors" and all that, but secretly they're just happy because they have nothing to lose and can mass anyone they want.....completely rubbish game mechanics.....as has been said, over and over and over again......
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

RepliMagni wrote:....because this has never been suggested before.

Many, many threads have been devoted to this in the game suggestions section. Heck, I made one last year, got shot down because I said miners should be killable....couldn't possibly have something killable now could we?

Atm, people sit with 300mil, 400 mill, even 500 mill army size, mass who they like, with nothing to be killed in return......takes all the fun out of the game, and to be frank, its just become a waste of time.

Oh well. I doubt anything will change....people seem to like this limbo stage....claim to be "warriors" and all that, but secretly they're just happy because they have nothing to lose and can mass anyone they want.....completely rubbish game mechanics.....as has been said, over and over and over again......

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Well said RM, well said.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
papa~smurf
Forum Addict
Alliance: fool killer
Race: human
ID: 0

and this is why i don't really play much any more, bank and train and ppt, and my account grows, even while at war........it's foolish really

as far as massing, any fool with 2 fingers can figure it out. those in this game who say.."there is art to it" paint with wide brushes and have never used fine lines...no offense, but it's true
Easy^ Rocks
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Suggestions stuff.
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

RepliMagni wrote:....because this has never been suggested before.

Atm, people sit with 300mil army size, mass who they like, with nothing to be killed in return......takes all the fun out of the game, and to be frank, its just become a waste of time.

Admins always said that anything that affects income will not happen,

As for yout 300mill-500mill can mass anyone, i think your over reaching there, anyone with a 50mill army a Big MS and some planets can mass anyone in the game and have nothing to lose, because admin flat out refuses to make attack / defence tied to planets, so you can have 100k supers attacks and produce a 1trill strike with enough planets and a MS.

I made a suggestion last year stating that attack / defence planets should be linked to supers,

IE

100bill attack planet needs a min of - 600k supers

for every 50 bill att/def a planet gives you should need 300k Supers to be able to harness that power.

Until admin finally pays attention, you will still get these guys with 1trill + power to att/def with minimal supers or stats to lose.

Think about it, you want to harness the power of a 500 bill covert planet you need to train UU to boost covert, want to use that 200k UP planet you gotta invest trillions to boost raw to 400k,

Want a ultra high strike, meh, just train a few hunderd thousand supers/mercs and sit with a powerful attack planet.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
CABAL
Forum Expert
Alliance: Aquila Ignis
Race: Death Watch

Make attack units killable. Planets... Less 'useful'? And make the game biased towards the defender...

MS-1 -> T-26 -> T-46 -> T-28 -> KV -> KV-3 -> IS -> IS-3 -> IS-4 -> IS-7
~Vix~
Forum Elder
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: THE Forum Warrior
ID: 87619

CABAL wrote:Make attack units killable. Planets... Less 'useful'? And make the game biased towards the defender...

You've hit nail on head there mate. The battle needs to HEAVILY favor the defender imo. Don't make it so the defender owns the attacker after 2 turns, thats a lil extreme. Just make it so that massings take effort and are costly and not at the point it is now where anyone could mass page 1 in less than a hour (providing no Nox)
Forgotten Serenity wrote:Being massed, one will not consider massing back, but must mass back, since we will show no weakness. If one cannot comply, than he is not worth our Name... Forgotten Serenity
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict

~Vixion~ wrote:
CABAL wrote:Make attack units killable. Planets... Less 'useful'? And make the game biased towards the defender...

You've hit nail on head there mate. The battle needs to HEAVILY favor the defender imo. Don't make it so the defender owns the attacker after 2 turns, thats a lil extreme. Just make it so that massings take effort and are costly and not at the point it is now where anyone could mass page 1 in less than a hour (providing no Nox)

The defender and attacker atm is fine, if admin would

1 tie the attack/ defense planets to actual att/def like i stated
2 removed the 1 AT crap, if you could only mass with 15 AT's ud see alot less people running in to mass someone, cause hey there losses would be as much as the attacker.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

BenjaminMS
Tollan
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Balancer
ID: 1907529
Alternate name(s): TUHD (Bioware forums)
Location: Stuck between real life and the other end of a Stargate

True, but how for test-hits and MS-massing then? Both options are crap - and this way it isn't going to be solved either way yet.
Currently ingame known as BenMS

Goblin: "I like your boots."
Sorcerer: "That's because you don't have any. The emotion is called envy."
Spoiler
/smile at the green grass,
smile at the sun,
smile at the roses,
before they're gone/

BenjaminMS - 'A thief of roses'
[TL] Renegadze zegt:
yeah definately makes more sense you hitting
and I have no DMU as you keep robbing it
MERC 1 zegt:
shuld not leave it out
any way you cant prove nothing
[TL] Michael/BenjaminMS zegt:
meh Rene, just find a few 0-def farms with 300+ tril DMU out...
MERC 1 zegt:
cool you two take it then i will hit you
CABAL
Forum Expert

BenjaminMS wrote:True, but how for test-hits and MS-massing then? Both options are crap - and this way it isn't going to be solved either way yet.

Well if you're using 1AT, it should be your strike/15 while the defender gets their full def. As the attacker 'won't have enough time to mobilise their full attacking force'

Attacker losses should be increased and be based on how much bigger the def is compared to your strike. i.e. With a def 5x larger than your strike (the lowest your strike can get without the 'massive armies' msg), your losses should be as much as 10% of your forces.

It should encourage building up a covert as well.

Dmonix
Count Duckula
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Scouse
ID: 21000

I say allow Anti-covert units a bigger role in a battle, so when an attacker runs in with 4mil super attackers and 200k spies to avoid any losses if the defenders Anti-covert is higher than the attackers covert make it so that the anti-covert units also kill attacking units

Spoiler
Kikaz wrote:Thanks to:
MaYHeM - You guys were the closest thing I've found to family in this game, thanks for giving me a chance and eventually being crazy enough to vote me onto your high council and eventually let me lead you for several months. I had a blast with you guys.
CABAL
Forum Expert

Dmonix wrote:I say allow Anti-covert units a bigger role in a battle, so when an attacker runs in with 4mil super attackers and 200k spies to avoid any losses if the defenders Anti-covert is higher than the attackers covert make it so that the anti-covert units also kill attacking units

I like, I like. Defender's covert should also play a bigger role. Maybe like a 'counter' after so many attacks, realm alert automatically ticks over or something

GeneralChaos
Forum Addict

Dmonix wrote:I say allow Anti-covert units a bigger role in a battle, so when an attacker runs in with 4mil super attackers and 200k spies to avoid any losses if the defenders Anti-covert is higher than the attackers covert make it so that the anti-covert units also kill attacking units

The only way that can work is if admin makes it that 1 lifer can kill 5 AC, else everyone will be sitting with 20mill AC agents, cause lets face it, who is going to send in 60mill lifers to take that out..

CABAL
Forum Expert

GeneralChaos wrote: who is going to send in 60mill lifers to take that out..

A person who has no life, OR lives, what so ever

Return to “Suggestions Archive”