Mothership suggestion

Bullseye
Forum Expert
Alternate name(s): *Bullseye

Mothership suggestion

I done a search and could'nt find anything on this.

Anyway what about the option to sell slots, if you are in need of naq, or just want to reduce them.

Also the ability to swap one slot for another, at a cost.
IE swap weapon for shield for x amount naq.

What do you think, just gives more options to motherships, like putting it into attack mode or defence mode.
Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

Re: Mothership suggestion

klacey wrote:I done a search and couldn't find anything on this.

Anyway what about the option to sell slots, if you are in need of naq, or just want to reduce them.

Also the ability to swap one slot for another, at a cost.
IE swap weapon for shield for x amount naq.

What do you think, just gives more options to motherships, like putting it into attack mode or defense mode.

Listen to this:
I have 100k slots on offense...its getting expensive...so i see i have like 3k slots on say fleets...i make a lot more for a low price then MAKE THEM OFFENSE and so on...still having ONLY 3k slots on fleets...Of course you could say keep the price but then i honestly don't see the point.
As for att mode,def mode...depends on what you mean by that!
Bias Admin colour
Bullseye
Forum Expert

I will use your slots as an example
Say you wanted to upgade 1 weapon from fleet, the cost to upgrade would be 100,001st slot - the cost of 3rd slot from fleet.

But many have shields too, so say you have 100,000 weapons and 200,000 shields, you have the option to transfer as many as you wish, at what ever the cost might be +/-

As for the attack or defence mode, have like a bonus mode like if your in attack mode, it gets a boost but defences suffers, and same the other way round, or the option to keep as normal.
Sarevok
Forum Addict
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 0

imo, an interesting idea. Gives your MS some more flexibility. Though, i would suggest a 24 hour minimum change period. To stop massers, then swapping their thing to defense.

And in relation to modes, this should also have a 24 hour change. For the same reason as stated before. But allow for a neutral mode, where there is no affect on any of the attributes (though, leave fleets alone from the modes)

However, this could be exploited by masses getting even more attack, and effectively reducing the increased minimum damage needed back to where it was BEFORE the recent update
CABAL
Forum Expert
Alliance: Aquila Ignis
Race: Death Watch

heh, swapping should take a period of time as well (Maybe, 2 hours or so?) During which the MS's power should be halved... In order to prevent abuse :P

MS-1 -> T-26 -> T-46 -> T-28 -> KV -> KV-3 -> IS -> IS-3 -> IS-4 -> IS-7
Bullseye
Forum Expert

like the ideas guys, i think the 24 hours before change is good beofre you can change again in modes.

Also what about a 24hour wait while changing of slots are made, like its in a dock having the changes done, and its not instant.
Sarevok
Forum Addict

Yeh, i did say 24 hours, but a smaller value is probably better. Was just a starting point
Kroony
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Trout-Slap
Race: Trout Master
ID: 34764

instead of Defense Capacity, Attack Capacity and hangers, it could be changed to the one upgrade 'MS size' or something like that.

A MS with a size of 30 could have 10 attack, 10 defense and 10 fleets or 15 attack and 15 defense ect. You get the idea.

that would remove the issue with different sizes being cheaper and loop holeing your mother ship to a huge size
Sarevok
Forum Addict

I think a simpler resolution is it costs you to change them over. Being the price difference (though harder to code i would imagine). Saves getting 100k of each, then going and having 300k weapon slots. Though, if the price of the slot is cheaper, you don't get rebated the difference.
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

I like this idea... in the sci-fi shows you always hear them say lines like "transfer remaining power from shields to weapons".

It would also make MS battles much more interesting... you sacrifice half of your strike to boost your def by a set ratio, or vice-versa. The ratio could even be dependant on the power of the opposing MS your hitting, so if you are hitting a much more powerful MS you can "overcharge" your MS strike up to 200% to counter it by removing your shield power, which makes you vulnerable and they can do the opposite to power their shields. However the max. you can overcharge your MS is up to 80% of the enemy's max MS shield power.

I do agree that there needs to be a limit to how many times it can be changed. Perhaps the 2-hour limit similar to when you take a planet, which gives the enemy a short window to take advantage.
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
Q Man
blarney stone

this is actually a really interesting idea, it'd definatly bring some new life to the game, a bit of change is always good!
I grew up on the street. No, not the hood, the Sesame Street.
[/size]
ImageImage
admin wrote:[23:50] * ~adminHere loves Q_Man
Sarevok
Forum Addict

Norbe, 2hrs is WAY to short. Just make sure their offline, and you can pretty much guarantee you can change it back before they get online, make it like 12 hours or something. I know it's a long time, and in reality it shouldn't take this, long, but anything shorter can pretty much be exploited

Example: I'm going to bed, so i boost my shields, when i wake up, i find someone that appears offline (4x turn income), and change back to normal (or even, weapons dedicated), i mass their MS, and then, 2 hours later, i just change mine back to defense, before they even come online

Though, the general concept is a good idea. I don't know about 200%, since this translated into cost, if you have even numbers of weapons and shields, is ALOT,
Bullseye
Forum Expert

What about if the change has a time limit before going back to normal. Say you overpower your shields the efforts only last say 2 hours, =4x turns. And once the turn changes it all goes back to normal and cant be done again for say 24 hours.
Valume
Forum Irregular

well this idea seems very nice would proly have to be tested in beta or some stuff like that, but i would see that tryin to take out one MS on the weapon stand point so 1-2 turns. i would say 2 turns or a timer dont know code dont know if it would be hard but in MS massing with your sheilds down your taking alot of damage massin a bigger ship than proly what your killing

Trade Feedback
Spoiler
Noobert wrote: Thank you for the MS, I have to admit though..the size of your account and the size of the mothership did shock me a bit. ;)
Ashu wrote: [BoT]Andi says:
i'm the biggest tard
Sarevok
Forum Addict

Yeh, i dunno about the change timer. If it was locked on for say 12 hours, then it would allow the opponent to get revenge (in a sense).
The way i see it, if you mass someone while your using max weapons, then IF they do come on, they can hit you easily, since you have no shilds to cover yourself

Also, i'm pretty sure massing a MS can be done in under a turn. Esp since i've had 10's of T worth of defense gone in less then 30 mins

Return to “Suggestions Archive”