covert skill level price decrease

Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

covert skill level price decrease

cost of covert level upgrade has been cut in half for everyone.
(also outlined in game update screen).
cheers
admin.
[SGC_ReplicÅtors]
Forum Addict
ID: 0

man i was going to upgrade to level 10 and i was about to pay FULL price.................................i was lucky this time

Can I ask why this change has been made?
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

I can't say for sure why forum did it, but here's my 2 cents on the matter.

In the past days we experienced some trouble in spy land. A lot of players complained that suddenly they'd dropped a good amount of spy ranks. This was because some players achieved a higher level before they would have been able to get it themselves. This means those players won't be able to get the next level so easily. However those that already had the higher level will probably be able to upgrade again, more so since they've probably been saving up already. This will allow those players to get their rank back sooner than expected.

Remember, it's just what I think is behind it. Expect more from forum himself.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
Esker
Forum Irregular
Race: System Lord
ID: 4507

ARGH

First the spy thing where I pay for lvl 9 the day before everybody gets it...

and today I sold almost all my weapons and paid full price for lvl 10 before it was cut in half!

That's 6 million I'm out for nothing but bad luck. I could have lvl 11 with that extra money. *sigh*

I hate my life. :cry:
Last edited by Esker on Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
forgive_me
Forum Irregular

Re: covert skill level price decrease

Forum wrote:cost of covert level upgrade has been cut in half for everyone.
(also outlined in game update screen).
cheers
admin.

i cant say its a bad thing BUT....i payd a lot of naq for my erlyest levels...and now others buy them cheaper....so i think that a compansation for the ones that bouth the levels erlyer shoud be a write thing.....i mean i didnt buy attack and def because i byd spylevels and now if i wass doing the same thing i woud have had a lot more defence than i have now.....its not fare for someone to get levels cheaper then others.....if the race dosent alow it...or by donations to the game.........its not a big thing but its important to me...:)...now i realysed i lost atleast 14 mil.....

p.s. wath abouth the replicators...do they still have cheaper levels that other races....its just for information....
RepliJake
Forum Addict
Alliance: JURY IS OUT MISTRAIL
ID: 5242

All the prices are 50% off, so yes, replicators still get the levels cheaper than the other races... :)
WeaponX wrote:i quit the game, good luck trying to extort resources out of me you jackasses
REK wrote:
GunZ wrote:Eat me
I hate **Filtered**
[SGC_ReplicÅtors]
Forum Addict

Esker LOL i am sorry dude its funny cause i was about to do the same thing
forgive_me
Forum Irregular

replijake wrote:All the prices are 50% off, so yes, replicators still get the levels cheaper than the other races... :)

and at weapons?....btw.... WTH...all races are 25% and replicators 50%.. :x ...i hope u are mistaking replijake

so wath about that comansation?
RepliJake
Forum Addict
Alliance: JURY IS OUT MISTRAIL
ID: 5242

All races have had prices reduced by 50%, replicators had prices reduced slightly before, so it was 50% off that price, i hope you understand now... :)

And I'm only talking about spy level prices, all other prices are as was...
WeaponX wrote:i quit the game, good luck trying to extort resources out of me you jackasses
REK wrote:
GunZ wrote:Eat me
I hate **Filtered**
forgive_me
Forum Irregular

replijake wrote:All races have had prices reduced by 50%, replicators had prices reduced slightly before, so it was 50% off that price, i hope you understand now... :)

And I'm only talking about spy level prices, all other prices are as was...

thats ok...u sad 50%...its actualy 50% of 50%....:D...then its verry ok....
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

to clarify -
replicators get a 10% discount off covert levels compared to other races.

as for the price decrease - Slepinor is correct, and there are other reasons.

as for those who had previously bought levels -- it is the same for everybody: the last level they got was at full price. the next level will be the same price (or the new price...).

if you are higher up, yes you've bought more levels... but you've also got bigger income, bigger bank, more more more.... so this, in a small way, helps the 'newbies' more than the pros.... and as for your next level - it's cheaper than before :)

think of it like a restaurant you go to each week. if the prices were 1/2price one week, would you think "damn i paid too much last week" or "good, its less expensive now" ... i hope the latter :)

i think, in the long run, this change, and all intentional changes made, will add strategy and fun and playability to the game.....

cheers
admin.

Return to “Suggestions Archive”