Ombudsman Case Archives
FreeSpirit
Writer of the Gamestory
Alliance: Forgotten Prospects Leader
Race: Tollan/ Jedi
ID: 1947914
Alternate name(s): Wes

Complaint regarding Forum Rank Title adjustment

Recently there has been a change in my forum rank title: It used to say Writer of the Gamestory and it was given to me by Admin Jason himself due toi the fact that i wrote the game story. Now recently one of the admins (I got an idea who but atm its just hearsay) adjusted it to my Writer of the Gamestory & Leaky Faucet. I have requested a change as it was a special title given by J himself but now they just removed the Writer of the Gamestory part. Hereby once again im asking for it to be changed back and wich admin decided to be so "funny"
2008 award
Quotes & Stats
Noobert wrote:You encounter a Wild FreeSpirit. You flee.
Drahazar wrote:woop freespirit getting things done, forceful yet kind, the perfect lover ...
GoAG of the Tolah - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
GunZ
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Genesis
Race: System Lord your God
ID: 1902907

Re: Complaint regarding Forum Rank Title adjustment

If you were given that title and that responsibility by Admin Jason , and an admin altered in that manner - that admin should be dismissed NOW.

The players in this game deserve admins that do not act out of personal bias. If that individual had an issue they should have handled it internally...this appears to be the petty act of an individual unable to deal with matters without resorting to spitefulness...that is not what we want in any admin .

I for one think it is totally unacceptable for an admin to demean their station by exercising personal animus.
GENESIS IS RECRUITING !
Field Marshall wrote:Trying to decide whether you are "GunZ the Protector" or "GunZ the Destroyer"...because however evil it is, the speed at which it's been done is unseen and brilliant! How on earth is a whole Empire scared of you :-"
Spoiler
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

GunZ wrote:If you were given that title and that responsibility by Admin Jason , and an admin altered in that manner - that admin should be dismissed NOW.

The players in this game deserve admins that do not act out of personal bias. If that individual had an issue they should have handled it internally...this appears to be the petty act of an individual unable to deal with matters without resorting to spitefulness...that is not what we want in any admin .

I for one think it is totally unacceptable for an admin to demean their station by exercising personal animus.

That, or they were just messing around and intended no harm at all ;)
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

the title has now been removed...

(NOTE: for those wondering... the gamestory is to be found second from bottom, of page 19 of the general section... yes thats 19...)
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
GunZ
Forum Intermediate

I want to know....Who changed the title ?
GENESIS IS RECRUITING !
Field Marshall wrote:Trying to decide whether you are "GunZ the Protector" or "GunZ the Destroyer"...because however evil it is, the speed at which it's been done is unseen and brilliant! How on earth is a whole Empire scared of you :-"
Spoiler
GunZ
Forum Intermediate

I went overboard ? So I am over the top for an opinion, but an admin abusing their power for personal reasons is not?

Seriously ...

If the admin that did it will step up , admit it and either explain or apologize I will alter my position.

As of now...I will not
GENESIS IS RECRUITING !
Spoiler
Sammael
Alteran
ID: 36867
Alternate name(s): Sammael

SuperSaiyan wrote:
GunZ wrote:If you were given that title and that responsibility by Admin Jason , and an admin altered in that manner - that admin should be dismissed NOW.

that, is going overboard....

and as for the topic of the story, it has now been stickied, something such as that belongs on top....permanently...

he is trying to make a point here mate that is all and it brings attention towards the topic abit more.

I have seen the thread that lead to it being changed, but i wont post it or say who i think did it, in case get it wrong and also get in trouble :razz:

But it being changed should only happen on request by the forum user this kind of thing could loose some of the community and resepct towards the admin who did it, if we find out who done it if he or she (is there any she admins) comes forward we can only have surpstions.

sam
~ Sammael The UnKnown of the ORI ~

~ The Tank ~

War Never Changes, Just The People Who Fight It
In The Service of Nemesis Empire
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
GunZ
Forum Intermediate

SuperSaiyan wrote:
GunZ wrote:I went overboard ? So I am over the top for an opinion, but an admin abusing their power for personal reasons is not?

Seriously ...

If the admin that did it will step up , admit it and either explain or apologize I will alter my position.

As of now...I will not

I don't care about your opinion at all, nor anyone elses here to be honest

I meant that your suggestion as a reprecution would be going overboard

Apparently YOU care, lol...you have responded to my opinion twice.
GENESIS IS RECRUITING !
Spoiler
Sammael
Alteran

GunZ wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
GunZ wrote:I went overboard ? So I am over the top for an opinion, but an admin abusing their power for personal reasons is not?

Seriously ...

As of now...I will not

I don't care about your opinion at all, nor anyone elses here to be honest

I meant that your suggestion as a reprecution would be going overboard

Apparently YOU care, lol...you have responded to my opinion twice.

Chill

this is about admin useing power for personal use as gunz said.

you must agree SS that even that souldnt be done.

~ The Tank ~

ImageImageImageImage
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

User rank titles have been changed before, without the user's permission. Before though, it was meant as a joke, and taken as a joke, no hard feelings.

Perhaps this is the case this time, a joke taken badly, it's hard to be certain without all the facts.

Either way, bickering is not helping. Zeeky will not be on until the morning, you'll just have to be patient.

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

as mentioned in pm, rank will be set back tomorrow or so... (we dont deem it safe to enter ACP as tired as we are now...)
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Jim
Pony Princess
Kishin

Caprila wrote:User rank titles have been changed before, without the user's permission. Before though, it was meant as a joke, and taken as a joke, no hard feelings.

Perhaps this is the case this time, a joke taken badly, it's hard to be certain without all the facts.

Either way, bickering is not helping. Zeeky will not be on until the morning, you'll just have to be patient.

Agreed, from a neutral perspective it looks like a joke to me. If it was mean it would have been changed to "Forum user" and title taken. As it is just looks like a bit of harmless fun.
Gunz and Sam, i see where you are coming from defending an alliance mate and your point of view has a lot of merit but why not leave it up to freespirit? Only aggrovating things as they are i think, just chill and if freespirit wants more action taken then just back it up.
GunZ
Forum Intermediate

Surely I have made my point. Those of you that know me know why I replied to this post. I would say the same thing I said if my oldest foe in the game had this done to them ( yes, I defended Robe once:) )

I am merely making a point folks. Admins are entrusted with some influence, and that should be used with a level of discretion . That power should never be used to demean, embarrass, or impugn any player or any other admin .

If it was a joke, the one it was directed at did not find it amusing, nor did I . Whether you ''care '' for my opinion or not , if you are fair you must see my point.
GENESIS IS RECRUITING !
Spoiler
Sammael
Alteran

Man Called Jim wrote:
Caprila wrote:User rank titles have been changed before, without the user's permission. Before though, it was meant as a joke, and taken as a joke, no hard feelings.

Agreed, from a neutral perspective it looks like a joke to me. If it was mean it would have been changed to "Forum user" and title taken. As it is just looks like a bit of harmless fun.
Gunz and Sam, i see where you are coming from defending an alliance mate and your point of view has a lot of merit but why not leave it up to freespirit? Only aggrovating things as they are i think, just chill and if freespirit wants more action taken then just back it up.

Jim i dont know if you have seen the thread that i belive lead it to this then you wouldnt take it as a joke if it was u.

~ The Tank ~

ImageImageImageImage
Jim
Pony Princess
Kishin

sammael wrote:
Man Called Jim wrote:

Jim i dont know if you have seen the thread that i belive lead it to this then you wouldnt take it as a joke if it was u.

Fraid i havnt seen that thread sam! Show me :D

Return to “Case Archives”