Angry

for FORUM issues, complaints, requests, bugs, etc - - not game related...
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
Race: SL temptress
ID: 38112
Alternate name(s): cleo_catra
temptress
seraphim

Angry

right I've had enough..

What Clarkey did was wrong in some ppls eyes,

But who are the ones making the most fuss/ado about it and doing the most flaming the MODS.. the ones responsible for policing this forum.

Remember you are meant to be setting the example.
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
sixty five kills on Ascended ;)
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

Re: Angry

i flamed clarkey as well...
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

It's possible that the mods are making the 'most fuss' because we are the ones most affected. We're the ones who had to clean up Clarkey's mess, and we're the ones whose status and credibility has been undermined by his actions.

I hope that one day you do some work, it gets ruined, and then when you're upset about it some crying do-gooder comes along and condescendingly tells you that you're the one meant to be setting an example.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
[BoT] Jason
Forum History

Mordack wrote:It's possible that the mods are making the 'most fuss' because we are the ones most affected. We're the ones who had to clean up Clarkey's mess, and we're the ones whose status and credibility has been undermined by his actions.

I hope that one day you do some work, it gets ruined, and then when you're upset about it some crying do-gooder comes along and condescendingly tells you that you're the one meant to be setting an example.
agreed
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Mordack wrote:I hope that one day you do some work, it gets ruined, and then when you're upset about it some crying do-gooder comes along and condescendingly tells you that you're the one meant to be setting an example.
That would be how it feels, exactly. :)
It's like when you're a child, building a sand castle, and some stupid kid comes over and tramples it, you're all "wah wah wah I want cookies and that stupid kid shot", and then your guardian-(-who-loves-to-build-cars-)-on-your-trip-to-the-beach comes over and says "omg WTH you crying about, build another one, you like doing that".. and then later, when you're grown up, you go over to his place, screw up his car, and say "omg WTH you crying about, build another one, you like doing that."
Q Man
blarney stone
ID: 0

Mordack wrote:It's possible that the mods are making the 'most fuss' because we are the ones most affected. We're the ones who had to clean up Clarkey's mess, and we're the ones whose status and credibility has been undermined by his actions.

agreed, i also suppose we have put so much into these forums and we also know other things about it. we all know that he has done some good for the community, but if you look now, alot of people are leaving the forums and hes created quite the negative effect here, with post counts being affected alot of the spammers will become more inactive and leave.
I grew up on the street. No, not the hood, the Sesame Street.
[/size]
ImageImage
admin wrote:[23:50] * ~adminHere loves Q_Man
[BoT] Jason
Forum History

Maddog wrote: with post counts being affected alot of the spammers will become more inactive and leave.
and already 98% of the spammers are multi's of Psi
Pimping

| | Hero of the Year | |

Rienna
Really Rienna :p
Alliance: T I T α N S
Race: Tollen
ID: 91926
Alternate name(s): La Reine Du Chaos

Pimping D wrote:
Maddog wrote: with post counts being affected alot of the spammers will become more inactive and leave.

LOL a bit of an overstatement there, Pimping D....

Temptress. Perhaps you are just not as old as the rest of us. I'm no longer a mod, and I'm more than a little unhappy about Clarkey's actions. I hate to say it, but you have no idea how much work the mods put into this place, unpaid, and when one member of the team does something, the entire group get blamed for it. And perhaps, one day, you'll have been around this place long enough to actually become attached to it. When that happens, perhaps you'll understand why we are so angry over his actions.

I pity you, and others like you, who tell the rest of us to "grow up". For you do not yet, and possibly never will, understand the community that stands behind this place. Yes, we're angry. Yes, we have the right to be. When you put that much work into doing what you love, again I'll mention UNPAID, volunteer work, to see such a major setback in the way the community views you, and has faith in your abilities to work, it pisses you off when one person goes out of their way to undermine the work you've done.

And if you don't understand that, start by reading my signature. If it still fails to compute in your head, try reading the whole post that went with it. Perhaps by reading a heartfelt post on the subject you'll come to understand a little better what the current mods are going through (for Clarkey is a shining example of the type of mods I was talking about in that post).
[BoT] Jason
Forum History

Rienna wrote:
Pimping D wrote:

LOL a bit of an overstatement there, Pimping D....

is it now ;)

temp go make a forum for Total members 7905 and let me have a go at it

http://herebeforums.com/register.hs
Pimping

| | Hero of the Year | |

semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

No. [-X

I agree with Temptress.

It's time to grow up chaps.... this bitterness and anger were acceptable LAST WEEK, but you're mods. You've got a job to do and an example to set.

I may not be the best example.. but I am trying now.

However.. this continued series of actions from the peace keepers... it's not beyond reproach as you all seem to think. What Clarkey did was not right.. but it's been done and performing these actions you're only defending every person who's insulted or flamed someone else because they were wronged in their opinion in some way.

I suppose the next time I mod someone I should ask myself... did the person who retaliated get wronged in any way? Were they massed? Were they implied to be a hypocrite?

Oh.. oh.. it's ok then. It's fine so long as they were wronged first...

yeah you guys can be angry.. but the mod team is only digging itself into a deeper hole by behaving like this. So all these defences of... "when you're in a team and you get betrayed we all get discredited"... they don't stand for anything if you're just gonna keep discrediting yourselves.

seriously?

@Radiance, magnificent post. I think you demonstrated it all wonderfully.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
[BoT] Jason
Forum History

semps your pretty new to being a real mod so meh i think you dont understand
Pimping

| | Hero of the Year | |

semper

Pimping D wrote:semps your pretty new to being a real mod so meh i think you dont understand

Oh...don't give me that. I have been a mod longer than most of the mods at current. I have also been a member of this community longer than pretty much everyone who has posted here.

and what? Are you assuming I have never been discredited, never been betrayed and possess no common sense? :?

I understand all too well and my point stands.

You cannot defend yourself by saying you're bitter about being discredited then go and say it's ok to discredit yourself further because of it... that's ludicrous.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
[BoT] Jason
Forum History

Semper wrote:
Pimping D wrote:semps your pretty new to being a real mod so meh i think you dont understand

Oh...don't give me that. I have been a mod longer than most of the mods at current. I have also been a member of this community longer than pretty much everyone who has posted here.
0h ya the debate section is hectic modding
Pimping

| | Hero of the Year | |

semper

Pimping D wrote:
Semper wrote:

0h ya the debate section is hectic modding

firstly... it's still modding. Secondly I have modded elsewhere.... you never decreed the type, amount or location of the modding. So please... :-$
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

Semper is probably right. It's an annoying habit which he has.

To be honest, I've never been angrier and more upset at the SGW forums than I have been this past week. Not at what Clarkey did, but at the whole mess of tangled consequences which has followed. I have never felt more tried and tired of being a forum administrator.

No doubt this has filtered through into my posts. This week I've been little less Gandhi and a lot more Gaddaffi. I'm sorry if that has offended people who are too used to my zen-like nonchalance, but the bottom line is that some people are angry. Angry and human. We will recover of course, and pick ourselves up, but these are trying times, and the last thing we need right now is forced stoicity.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)

Return to “Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES)”