Deni vs J-Ronimo (change the title as you see fit)

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

Deni vs J-Ronimo (change the title as you see fit)

Norbe wrote:
deni wrote:I am not going to discuss the modding of the forum in a war thread. I suggest you do the same, if you do not want to see warnings given out. This goes not only for you Norbe, but for everyone. It is about time to realize that we have a dedicated section for modding/forum issues.

Whilst its a fair enough comment, and I have no problem with it per say, it does leave the mind wondering about how strictly the rules are applied. I would just like to ask if the publically posted mod warnings are even taking into consideration when deciding if/when someone should recieve formal warnings/bans. Or rather i'd like an explanation what the actual procedure is? 2 posted warnings by different mods then formal warnings/bans are given out?

EDIT: I see in the ombudsman section that bebita was warned for this, but my question does remain about the procedure for making such warnings. Thanks.

~Norbe~

The "procedure" for giving out warnings is described in the forum rules. Different "offenses" are handled differently.

For example: If an user derails topics by spam, they are asked to refrain from spamming. This can be done by pm or by posting in the thread in question. If they continue to spam or make off-topic posts then the mods have several instruments ranging from an official warning to a short time ban.

If an user evades the word filter by masking a word, then an official warning is given out without a prior verbal warning.

To answer your question: yes, verbal warnings, be they by pm or by a post, are taken into consideration when an official warning is given.

J-ronimo wrote:From my experiances...

Regular forum users need to report.

And if is not dealt with, you need to make line of pm's and show them (mods) why should be sanctioned with warning.

I disagree. Reporting a post surely links the attention of the mods to possible offenses. Not every reported post does warrant a warning or any mod action. In fact, this is the case in over 80% of the reported posts.

Tetrismonkey wrote:Now Norbert, there is no written prodecure. It is at the mods desretion to give a verbal before a warning. If you want a more detailed explanation, pm me, I'm at work ATM so I don't have much time to explain it. I'll get back to you asap.

I disagree again. Look up for example Bazsy's sticky about masking or the forum rule about spam.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
J-ronimo
Forum Expert

Re: Taking it to the correct section for you Deni.

deni wrote:

And if is not dealt with, you need to make line of pm's and show them (mods) why should be sanctioned with warning.

I disagree. Reporting a post surely links the attention of the mods to possible offenses. Not every reported post does warrant a warning or any mod action. In fact, this is the case in over 80% of the reported posts.

With all due respect, but how can you disagree on something that i needed to do to get certain person a proper warning?

Which, was given at the end, obviously.
Last edited by J-ronimo on Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you wish to trade with me: benti_svizca@hotmail.com
All trades are confidental and anonymous, so feel free to contact me.

deni
The Initiate

Honours and Awards

J-ronimo wrote:
deni wrote:

With all due respect, but how can i disagree on something that i needed to do to get certain person a proper warning?

I am sorry to disappoint you, but you did not get anyone a warning.

Even if you report a post or every post a certain forum user makes, this does not mean that they will get a warning or that the reports will trigger any mod action.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

J-ronimo
Forum Expert

[spoiler]
deni wrote:
J-ronimo wrote:
deni wrote:

With all due respect, but how can i disagree on something that i needed to do to get certain person a proper warning?

Even if you report a post or every post a certain forum user makes, this does not mean that they will get a warning or that the reports will trigger any mod action.
[/spoiler]

You sound like you know about who am i talking about and what was the case.

So, who am i talking about?

deni
The Initiate

Honours and Awards

J-ronimo wrote:[spoiler]
deni wrote:
J-ronimo wrote:
deni wrote:

[/spoiler]

You sound like you know about who am i talking about and what was the case.

So, who am i talking about?

I have to disappoint you again as I am not playing guessing games.

I do not need to know who you are talking about, as you did not "get a warning" to ANY user on this forum. I do not know what left you with the impression that you did.

Users are NOT warned based on reports.

They are warned for breaking the rules.

J-ronimo
Forum Expert

Then how would you call my own persistance on rejected report at first place and ended up with warning?

deni
The Initiate

Honours and Awards

J-ronimo wrote:Then how would you call my own persistance on rejected report at first place and ended up with warning?

I do not know what you are referring yet and I suspect you have misunderstood how the report system works. Maybe you could enlighten us what you mean?

J-ronimo
Forum Expert

Then why do you speak with such certainty, if you need to be enlightened?

You have everything in my 1st post and in last what you have just quoted.

If that is my misunderstanding of report system, then mods are biaside.

deni
The Initiate

Honours and Awards

*sighs*

Unfortunately talking to you J-Ronimo is like talking to wall. I do not know if you realize that this is not a topic in the GC so there should be no need for you to antagonize.

So I say it again: Reporting a post does NOT mean that the poster will get a warning. Reporting a certain posters repeatedly does NOT mean that they will get a warning.

You do claim that someone (you are keeping their identity secret) did get a warning because of your "persistance" reporting them.

This is NOT the case.

Either you believe it or not.

@Tetris: Please do not speculate. Thank you.

J-ronimo
Forum Expert

You do not need to compare me with wall in this section too. You can do that freely in other threads.

Why do you reffer to GC topic, as i am simply talking about how things get achieved forum wise, if they are not properly dealt with?

And Tetris is not speculating, he does understand my words and meaning of them, which you seem not. Whatever the cause may be.

On this note:
viewtopic.php?f=129&t=159373
There doesn't seem to be anyone raising hand and willing to post, mod wise.

deni
The Initiate

Honours and Awards

J-ronimo wrote:You do not need to compare me with wall in this section too. You can do that freely in other threads.

Why do you reffer to GC topic, as i am simply talking about how things get achieved forum wise, if they are not properly dealt with?

And Tetris is not speculating, he does understand my words and meaning of them, which you seem not. Whatever the cause may be.

On this note:
viewtopic.php?f=129&t=159373
There doesn't seem to be anyone raising hand and willing to post, mod wise.

I do compare you with a wall because you do make statements and refuse to back them up or even provide details.

Your statement, made in your fist post in this topic IS WRONG.

You personally did NOT get anyone a warning.

On this forum warnings are given out according to the forum rules REGARDLESS of how often you have reported a post if ever.

J-ronimo
Forum Expert

And what was holding you back asking at first place?
This is no neutral mod feedback that is coming from you...

Which part of my 1st pm is wrong?
Read Tetris's post again...

Where did i say i personally get anyone a warning, i am no mod to do this.

And again, you speak like you know everything and what was the case.
This is 'my refusal' of posting details, cause you see me as that hater and not a forum user. It is easily seen in your replies.

And who said anything about count of reports? There is no talk about quantity of reports.

To ilustrate:
Person A insulted person B with RL insult.
I have simply reported as it was obvious RL insult.
Mod X closed report without any sanctions.
There were line of pm's with mod X and myself.
After line of pm's warning was issued.

Wanna know the secret ingredient of this story?
I belive person A and Mod X are on 'same side' in server war.

This is where mods being biaside comes into play, but you probably don't wanna talk about that...

~Thamuz~
Forum Expert

Earendil wrote:If you want to talk about a mod being biased take it elsewhere, I won't have it here.

Where else is there to take it then if not the Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES) » Forum & Mod Feedback :? ~T~
~Thamuz~
Forum Expert

Tetrismonkey wrote:
~Thamuz~ wrote:
Eärendil wrote:If you want to talk about a mod being biased take it elsewhere, I won't have it here.

Where else is there to take it then if not the Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES) » Forum & Mod Feedback :? ~T~

He means make a new topic...

This topic is about one issue, make another topic about the other one...

But that doesn't really make too much sense, when an issue arises and is talked out normally new issues arise and are identified that are revelant to the issues being talked about in first couple of posts, so now for every issue that comes up in said topic that aren't listed in the original post by a user wanting feedback needs a new topic started? Is that the case? ~T~
deni
The Initiate

Honours and Awards

J-ronimo wrote:And what was holding you back asking at first place?
This is no neutral mod feedback that is coming from you...

Which part of my 1st pm is wrong?
Read Tetris's post again...

Where did i say i personally get anyone a warning, i am no mod to do this.

And again, you speak like you know everything and what was the case.
This is 'my refusal' of posting details, cause you see me as that hater and not a forum user. It is easily seen in your replies.

And who said anything about count of reports? There is no talk about quantity of reports.

To ilustrate:
Person A insulted person B with RL insult.
I have simply reported as it was obvious RL insult.
Mod X closed report without any sanctions.
There were line of pm's with mod X and myself.
After line of pm's warning was issued.

Wanna know the secret ingredient of this story?
I belive person A and Mod X are on 'same side' in server war.

This is where mods being biaside comes into play, but you probably don't wanna talk about that...

This is getting us closer to the problem at hand.

Let me sum your thesis and my replies up:

Thesis 1: To get a person warned, you need to make a report. If that report is closed without the desired mod action, then you need to pm the mods. In the end you will achieve your goal.

My reply: This thesis is wrong. A warning is given when an user breaks a rule that warrants an warning.

Thesis 2: A yet unknown biased mod, closed a report regarding a RL insult because the mod and the post are in the same alliance. Another mod gave a warning for the same post though later. Thus bias

My reply: You can claim everything. As long as it is not backed up with any details/proof it remains ... just a claim.

I could speculate who that mod might be and what supposed RL insult you refer to, but I do see it as pointless.

Further, you have NO way of knowing what mod action a report triggers except one of the parties involved decided to share it with you.

So please, provide us with the details and see what was really the case.

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”