2010 anime

A place for random anime lovers to get together and chat!
repli**cator
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: SOLO
Race: RepliTiMaster
ID: 65108
Alternate name(s): makanko
~mak~

2010 anime

Do you guys have any idea what's coming around? And if anything 'decent' (to my eyes) is?
My preferences are wide but they don't go into the extremes.

ie I love action but am beginning to dislike the classic shonen action (powering up bs) (examples Canaan, Cashern Sins (both i'm watching now), Black Cat, Claymore, etc..)
Romance is okay with of course no extreme moe or other stuff or extreme fanservice.
(examples Lamune, REC, Ai yori Aoshi, stuff like that; I've dropped Wagaya no Oinari-sama and Toradora among others because I had plot issues with em)
Adventure is okay as long as it has decent plot
(examples Higashi no Eden, Last Exile, Rideback)
Sports has been increasing mostly due to the manga avilable (examples of manga are Slam Dunk, Crossover) but besides Slam dunk in anime I havent found much decent of that. Any pointers? (Suzuka was okay with both sports and romance, and LOL at anime vs manga)
I can take a lot of gore
(examples Elfen Lied, Shigurui (recommend this is really gore), Gantz (but manga > anime))
I also like various samurai anime
(examples Rurouni Kenshin, Shigurui, Samurai 7, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Samurai Champloo)

So you guys got any anime for upcoming season to recommend (or in general)??

Thanks !

PS. Manga advice is always welcome (but i tend to look for the completed ones as waiting is a **Filtered**)
POWER to the repli/nanoti !
Role Playing
"Be sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear"
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

Re: 2010 anime

Hajime no Ippo and New Challenger are both goodies but a year+ ago. Soon to be season three, we all hope because it is such a good anime.

As for another anime, Katekyo Hitman Reborn. Although, it's a bit powerupish..it's really good.

I really enjoyed it due to it's ability to be fresh. At least, for me it was a huge change from the usual **Filtered** with Bleach or Naruto. :P
Tekki
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Katekyo Hitman Reborn it's a pretty good manga too but Noobert is right it does get a bit repetitive.

Any suggestions for moi?

I DO NOT like panty shots, or most of the stuff that's been out with insipid female nothings. recent years of anime have been a massive disappointment. I like most things in anime though tend to shy away from the 'real world' stuff as that's either overly idealised or so sickening I have to throw stuff. And I'm quite fond of the classics :D
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

Tekki wrote:I DO NOT like panty shots, or most of the stuff that's been out with insipid female nothings.

i find this hilarious, because the majority of shows i'm looking into following this season are like this...

i really need to find a better list of what's coming out in the new season >_>
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
Noobert
Sedin Triplet

Psi is a huge pervert. :shock:

That's nothing new though. :lol:

The Book of Bantorra is some-what new, I rather enjoyed it to an extent. It's just..well, silly right now. I love the fighting in it..but it's a bit to much talking lately.

I'll be honest, there are not many good animes that are worth watching lately..or even to come that I have seen. :?
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One

Honours and Awards

Noobert wrote:Psi is a huge pervert. :shock:

the fansub groups i have bookmarked atm, are Chihiro(a group of loli-lovers), and Doki.

i found Chihiro looking for S2 Haruhi Suzumiya, and Doki looking for S2 Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu.

i also have GG, but it's hard to tell what they're releasing half the time...
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
Tekki
Forum Addict

Psi Kiya Trist wrote:
Tekki wrote:I DO NOT like panty shots, or most of the stuff that's been out with insipid female nothings.

i find this hilarious, because the majority of shows i'm looking into following this season are like this...

i really need to find a better list of what's coming out in the new season >_>

It's one of the constant problems of being a anime lover who is female.

A LOT of the amines have the panty shots and one every now and then isn't -that- bad if there is a story to go with it, but the trend with anime over the past couple of years has been to make them very gratuitous and unnecessary with little to no plot line. That gets boring and tiresome. Same with the boring and unoriginal harems.

In the past few years, i’ve found that the animes have looked nice but have been very lacking. That’s probably why I watch a lot more of the classic stuff.
Spoiler

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Noobert
Sedin Triplet

I wouldn't mind classics, they always have the best story lines. The problem is .. the picture image just is..to bad. >_<
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One

Honours and Awards

one of the most recent series i really liked was Macross Frontier. i don't remember much in the way of "pantyshots"(i actually don't recall any, but there is a hilarious moment involving what i think was pork buns)

the story is a bit hard to follow at times, but most of the story does get wrapped up by Episode 25. the obvious question of "which girl does he choose?" is still left open :-p but it's not a full on "harem" just the two main girls competing. Mecha Space opera... was AMAZING visually... i still listen to the music sometimes, just to remind myself of the series. but alas, that was 08...
repli**cator
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: SOLO
Race: RepliTiMaster
ID: 65108
Alternate name(s): makanko
~mak~

@Noobert Meh well that depends how classic you get with anime. As long as it's fluent i'm okay with it.
@Psi yeh Macross Frontier was good, I enjoyed Macross Zero as well (MF music was superb still have the OST lying about and the space battles were astonishing)

Tekki did you watch Higashi no Eden last summer? I thought that was pretty good, adventure, mystery (and it's the male char that gets naked xD)
Also a nice one imo is Last Exile and Amatsuki
Oh another one i liked was Gatekeepers which is older but has a great story and some humor imo (though it might not be your taste since it sometimes (as usual) tends to touch upon the harem subject)
I dont really know how far back I'd have to go to get into the kind that you like and truth be told i probably stink at giving women advice on anime-to-watch.
You're right though about the panty-shots and all figuring in every anime nowadays. I'm already used to it (heck I never found it such a big deal untill I met fellow watchers who were going about on echi and stuff like that, then I started noticing the crazy amounts of fanservice) and if they do decide to push the limit or go beyond it I usually drop it. I find myself reading more manga nowadays.

On another note it seems the Fate stay Night Unlimited Blade works movie will be coming out this month? I have to see it!
POWER to the repli/nanoti !
Role Playing
"Be sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear"
Noobert
Sedin Triplet

repli**cator wrote:@Noobert Meh well that depends how classic you get with anime. As long as it's fluent i'm okay with it.

This is true, but the fact remains..any of the DECENT classic ones are so poorly done compared to the newer ones it just doesn't cut it for me.

I'm talking like Berserk or Gundam. I cannot stand watching it, I love the story line but I cannot stand it. It just urks me like those **Filtered** dubs.

As for Eden of the East, I loved it. Funny too. Naked dude in front of the White House ftw. :lol:
Londo Mollari
Lawnmower
Alliance: Serenity
Race: Jinchuriki

The Book of Bantorra is pretty good

Last Exile was alright, never bothered finishing the series though, i lost interest

i'd definately reccomend X'amd to anyone who hasn't seen it, absolutely fantastic anime, as Soul will agree
Mordack wrote: I'd probably go gay for Benjamin Linus. He's everything I want to be.
Speaking as a Mod
Tekki
Forum Addict

Unless when you say Gundam you mean stuff like 'War in the Pocket' (1989) then that's not classic. Though I fully agree on the dub problem!
Spoiler

Jedi~Tank
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Noobert
Sedin Triplet

Tekki wrote:Unless when you say Gundam you mean stuff like 'War in the Pocket' (1989) then that's not classic. Though I fully agree on the dub problem!

Nein Tekki, I talk about the Gundam with the little boys being like supar pilotz.
Tekki
Forum Addict

Gundam Wing?
Spoiler

Jedi~Tank
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Anime Corner”