Exchange rate

Wintermute
Fledgling Forumer

Exchange rate

The exchange rate for ascension points has dropped. It was over 30 and now it's down to 10. What's going on with this?
Piranha
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

Really? Probably a bug. Lucky i converted mine when it was on the limit. :D
Wintermute
Fledgling Forumer

"The 'exchange rate' is 10 life force for each 1 Ascension power point. You do not need to use them now, but will find that things get more expensive in life force as you grow, while the exchange rate, and your Ascension Points, are fixed."

I'm having a huge issue with this if it's a rule change as 1) no notice was given of any impending change and it massively can affect strategy 2) no notice was given that the change even took place.
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

I'm still reading 33:

Convert Your Ascended Power Points into Life Force
You can convert your Ascension Power points directly into life force energy of this realm. Worry not - you can also temporarily go above your maximum life force limits. You convert all points at once, and cannot convert them back. The 'exchange rate' is 33 life force for each 1 Ascension power point. You do not need to use them now, but will find that things get more expensive in life force as you grow, while the exchange rate, and your Ascension Points, are fixed.

But it hasn't gone above this for quite some time....I thought it was supposed to keep growing? :cry:
I Replicate
Forum Intermediate

Magni wrote:I'm still reading 33:

Convert Your Ascended Power Points into Life Force
You can convert your Ascension Power points directly into life force energy of this realm. Worry not - you can also temporarily go above your maximum life force limits. You convert all points at once, and cannot convert them back. The 'exchange rate' is 33 life force for each 1 Ascension power point. You do not need to use them now, but will find that things get more expensive in life force as you grow, while the exchange rate, and your Ascension Points, are fixed.

But it hasn't gone above this for quite some time....I thought it was supposed to keep growing? :cry:

hmmm... this was said in another post...forgot which one though...
Pretty much, the answer was ETL saying its supposed to stop at 33. Its not a bug. While no reasoning was given, Im just assuming that people that were reascending so fast were advancing for faster than they were expected because of the constant conversion increase...
RepliMagni
Forum Addict

Yeah....I understand they were short changed a bit....but its going to have to increase sooner or later otherwise the gap in ascension is going to be ridiculously big. :roll:
chunkysoup
Forum Intermediate

I forget what the post is called, but I remember I started it heh, obviously title is something like 'conversion ratio stuck,' there was a good suggestion there for a different conversion rate for each ascension, ie first ascension gets 100% of a growing conversion rate, second ascension gets 85%, 3rd gets 75%, etc. But that's another topic.

Wintermute, really don't know what to say. Are you going to ascended.thegatewars.com ?? If so, recommend going to ascended.stargatewars.com, similar problems have been reported in the past. Other than that, seems like youre the only one that has 10 as conversion rate. Obviously, if you have any power points, I suggest not using them until this is sorted out (obviously heh).

-Chunky
Fills you up right

Hallowed is Chunky
Hallowed are the Indu
Wintermute
Fledgling Forumer

Well personally if mine was fixed at 33 I would be really happy, but it's fixed at 10 which means I get 1/3rd the ascension points of everyone else?

Erm...can this be fixed?
doidoi
Forum Newbie

that happened to me too,what link r u using? http://www.thegatewars.com or http://www.stargatewars.com ? bcause i was using the 1st one and had that ratio then changed to the 2nd and it got back to normal
chunkysoup
Forum Intermediate

... isnt that exactly what i said?
Fills you up right

Hallowed is Chunky
Hallowed are the Indu
Wintermute
Fledgling Forumer

doidoi wrote:that happened to me too,what link r u using? http://www.thegatewars.com or http://www.stargatewars.com ? bcause i was using the 1st one and had that ratio then changed to the 2nd and it got back to normal

Ahhh that worked...

chunkysoup wrote:... isnt that exactly what i said?

Yes you did but I was a little hasty in making my last post and rattled it off after I read I Replicate's post ..woops...anyways problem solved.

Sidenote...maybe there shouldn't be so many variants of the site address? That would be 3 different addresses I know about now...maybe 4, and they all seem to vary slightly.
chunkysoup
Forum Intermediate

as long as problem has been worked out... is it safe to assume that this fixed the "cant attack anyone" problem for you as well?
Fills you up right

Hallowed is Chunky
Hallowed are the Indu
RepliMagni
Forum Addict

Seeing as how this is kinda sorted I just got a quick question about points and stuff...does anyone have this when they try and ascend:

You will need at least 1000 glory and reputation ( you have 1854 ) and 1800 Ascension Power Points ( you have 9799...yup 9799 ) to move beyond this point....

I could never remember the bit I put in bold being repeated....is everyone's like this?
Spoon
Forum Intermediate

You only get the extra little bit saying yep 9799 when you have over a certain number, when i first ascended with 3kapp i didnt get that message, however now i have about 8k i have the same message.
Keep smiling it makes people wonder what your up to.
[]ev lovin the bad wolf
Fledgling Forumer

i got it when i had 1.8k

Return to “Ascended Bugs Archive”