Alliance: T I T A N S
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1934826

Another MS Idea....(^_^)

How abt we just halve all MS (mothership) stats LOL
(can hear ppl going OMG NOOOO !!!!!!! )

nah okay basically we have the same format as what it is now ie
A MS (mothership) being in two places at once
(they use wormholes or whatever makes you happy)

now have MS options like (stolen from MEZZANINE or who ever started it)

(For these options read the MS percentage stats below)

1) Target MS
(if you select this option all of your atk and def will target the enemy's MS and well no atk or def stats will go to ur troops that are attacking or defending )

2) Support Troops
(MS will add to atk and def of your troops but won't atk the enemy's MS)

(Or we can even have a 3rd option)
To do both (atk MS and support troops) but then ur MS will be down by a further 50% since ur doing two things instead of one.
(not a great idea since ur MS will only be 25% but atleast u cover everything, plus if ur MS is huge then u might be able to still out gun most ppl) I mean a 250 bill atk and def if ur MS is currently a 1T atk and def now aint so bad right ?? :-" ...
(but hey everyones MS is also going down too)

100% to atk 0% to def (will lose max amount of volleys if your hit)
80% to atk 20% to def
60% to atk 40% to def

50% to atk 50% to def
(for thou's who don't want to well use any MS tactic's in battles )

40% to atk 60% to def
20% to atk 80% to def
0% to atk 100% to def ( Yes I'm just defending here :-D )

That way well the smaller MS players if they are very good at tactic's can win a MS battle to a certain point, plus the big players with there MS's still have a advantage since they still have more stats than the other person.

Remember this will apply to everyone in the game and well changes in MS tactic's will be instant (swapping to support troops or atk the others guys MS) .

In my opinion this might make MS battles more fun and will take massing someone in an online battle much more skill if they know what they are doing.

Anyway yeah if I stole any of your ideas my bad

I don't know if this idea is possible but yeah maybe it might work (will have to ask the programmers abt if it can be implemented or not)
CABAL
Forum Expert
Alliance: Aquila Ignis
Race: Death Watch
ID: 0

Re: Another MS Idea....(^_^)

megrim wrote:How abt we just halve all MS (mothership) stats LOL

1) Target MS
(if you select this option all of your atk and def will target the enemy's MS and well no atk or def stats will go to ur troops that are attacking or defending )

2) Support Troops

To do both (atk MS and support troops) but then ur MS will be down by a further 50% since ur doing two things instead of one.
(not a great idea since ur MS will only be 25% but atleast u cover everything, plus if ur MS is huge then u might be able to still out gun most ppl) I mean a 250 bill atk and def if ur MS is currently a 1T atk and def now aint so bad left ?? :-" ...

80% to atk 20% to def
60% to atk 40% to def

50% to atk 50% to def

40% to atk 60% to def
20% to atk 80% to def

That way well the smaller MS players if they are very good at tactic's can win a MS battle to a certain point, plus the big players with there MS's still have a advantage since they still have more stats than the other person.

Remember this will apply to everyone in the game and well changes in MS tactic's will be instant (swapping to support troops or atk the others guys MS) .

In my opinion this might make MS battles more fun and will take massing someone in an online battle much more skill if they know what they are doing.

I don't know if this idea is possible but yeah maybe it might work (will have to ask the programmers abt if it can be implemented or not)

I dislike the third option.

I don't see how the percentages work; But I like it.

All I can think of now is 'Your MS does not generate enough power to power all shields and volleys at the same time"

There could also be techs to upgrade your ship's 'core' allowing a higher percentage of shields/volleys online at the same time (i.e. starting with 50% going up to 100%).

But to keep it 'balanced' so newer players still have a chance against $$$ spenders, or people with massive MS; Having something like the cosmic expansion Where the more shields/volleys/fleets you have the less percentage the generator can power; as well as generators getting more expensive/less expensive depending on how big your MS is.
i.e. (Relatively weak MS) I have 80k/80k/80k With no Generators (default); I Can power only 40k at any one time. I upgrade to the best generator (idk costing ~5tril naq?). I can power 80k at any one time.
i.e. (Relatively strong MS) I have 400k/300k/100k With no Generators (default); I can only power 200k at any given moment. I upgrade to the best generator (idk costing ~20tril naq?). I can power 300k at any given moment.

And to make it fair so people with fibre internets don't get much benefit over those with dialup; There should be like a 7s delay in between changing settings.

NOTE: This should be based on how much CAPACITY they have; not how many volleys;shields;fleets they have trained at the moment.

EDITS: Just had a few ideas to make UNASCENDED races more 'appealing'. What if each unascended race had benefits against MSs? i.e. Asgard have a idk 15% chance each hit to 'overcharge' their shields giving their shields a 100% boost @ full capacity (i.e. I have 15k shields left, but with 100k shield capacity; I get lucky and manage to re route all my power to shields, and give my MS a 390bil def bonus for that attack).
Tau'ri have a 15% Chance to beam onto the enemy MS and sabotage idk 3-5% of the enemy's volleys regardless of whether or not they MS penetrated the shields.
Goa'uld have a 15% Chance to idk 'overcharge' their fleets; giving them a 100% attack bonus but sustaining 100% the losses (NOTE: Double the losses; not 100% of all the fleets trained; Does not affect planet taking)
Replicators have a 15% Chance to 'hack' into the enemy MS and disable it completely for one attack. (NOTE: Your MS will no longer target the enemy MS;)

Yes yes; I know there are no more races; but I cbf logging into SGW.

MS-1 -> T-26 -> T-46 -> T-28 -> KV -> KV-3 -> IS -> IS-3 -> IS-4 -> IS-7
Buddha
Forum Irregular
Alliance: A Enlighted Place
Race: Human like you

CABAL wrote:
megrim wrote:How abt we just halve all MS (mothership) stats LOL

1) Target MS

2) Support Troops

(not a great idea since ur MS will only be 25% but atleast u cover everything, plus if ur MS is huge then u might be able to still out gun most ppl) I mean a 250 bill atk and def if ur MS is currently a 1T atk and def now aint so bad left ?? :-" ...

80% to atk 20% to def
60% to atk 40% to def

50% to atk 50% to def

40% to atk 60% to def
20% to atk 80% to def

I dislike the third option.

I don't see how the percentages work; But I like it.

All I can think of now is 'Your MS does not generate enough power to power all shields and volleys at the same time"

There could also be techs to upgrade your ship's 'core' allowing a higher percentage of shields/volleys online at the same time (i.e. starting with 50% going up to 100%).

But to keep it 'balanced' so newer players still have a chance against $$$ spenders, or people with massive MS; Having something like the cosmic expansion Where the more shields/volleys/fleets you have the less percentage the generator can power; as well as generators getting more expensive/less expensive depending on how big your MS is.
i.e. (Relatively weak MS) I have 80k/80k/80k With no Generators (default); I Can power only 40k at any one time. I upgrade to the best generator (idk costing ~5tril naq?). I can power 80k at any one time.
i.e. (Relatively strong MS) I have 400k/300k/100k With no Generators (default); I can only power 200k at any given moment. I upgrade to the best generator (idk costing ~20tril naq?). I can power 300k at any given moment.

And to make it fair so people with fibre internets don't get much benefit over those with dialup; There should be like a 7s delay in between changing settings.

NOTE: This should be based on how much CAPACITY they have; not how many volleys;shields;fleets they have trained at the moment.

EDITS: Just had a few ideas to make UNASCENDED races more 'appealing'. What if each unascended race had benefits against MSs? i.e. Asgard have a idk 15% chance each hit to 'overcharge' their shields giving their shields a 100% boost @ full capacity (i.e. I have 15k shields left, but with 100k shield capacity; I get lucky and manage to re route all my power to shields, and give my MS a 390bil def bonus for that attack).
Tau'ri have a 15% Chance to beam onto the enemy MS and sabotage idk 3-5% of the enemy's volleys regardless of whether or not they MS penetrated the shields.
Goa'uld have a 15% Chance to idk 'overcharge' their fleets; giving them a 100% attack bonus but sustaining 100% the losses (NOTE: Double the losses; not 100% of all the fleets trained; Does not affect planet taking)
Replicators have a 15% Chance to 'hack' into the enemy MS and disable it completely for one attack. (NOTE: Your MS will no longer target the enemy MS;)

Yes yes; I know there are no more races; but I cbf logging into SGW.

What about we forget MS and Unascended accounts especially unascended accounts they have what they need if they don't like it ASCEND.

And instead focus on things that actually is needed in this game to help it back on track?

Such as:

1. Fixing Ascended server (yes it need fixing and badly)
2. End "unlimited" turns on main server remove the ability to buy turns from Money and to give and trade them between accounts (only NAQ and UU is not trade able and boy able for Money), let the Turns get up a nuch on the market so you can use 1, 2 or 3 of your Market turns to buy them for your own resources.
3. Implement the ok ideas that are easy to do that shoulnd't really take alot of effort such as the Planet sorting idea and income idea.

Lets focus on where the GAME actually is needing to be improved instead of where it can waite please.
CABAL
Forum Expert

Nimras wrote:What about we forget MS and Unascended accounts especially unascended accounts they have what they need if they don't like it ASCEND.

And instead focus on things that actually is needed in this game to help it back on track?

Such as:

Why doesn't admin remove ascended server altogether and have descension a part of main?

2. End "unlimited" turns on main server remove the ability to buy turns from Money and to give and trade them between accounts (only NAQ and UU is not trade able and boy able for Money), let the Turns get up a nuch on the market so you can use 1, 2 or 3 of your Market turns to buy them for your own resources.

Can you really see this happening? I mean, you *COULD* reduce the amount of ATs one can get. But you'd only enlarge the gap between those who spend $$$ and those who don't.

3. Implement the ok ideas that are easy to do that shoulnd't really take alot of effort such as the Planet sorting idea and income idea.

Lets focus on where the GAME actually is needing to be improved instead of where it can waite please.

I lost the game btw.

But seriously. The only reason why SGW is so **Filtered** up is because of $$$ and ME. Remove those two and SGW would be a better place. But I don't see that happening, do you?

Buddha
Forum Irregular

CABAL wrote:
Nimras wrote:What about we forget MS and Unascended accounts especially unascended accounts they have what they need if they don't like it ASCEND.

Such as:

Why doesn't admin remove ascended server altogether and have descension a part of main?

Can you really see this happening? I mean, you *COULD* reduce the amount of ATs one can get. But you'd only enlarge the gap between those who spend $$$ and those who don't.

I lost the game btw.

But seriously. The only reason why SGW is so **Filtered** up is because of $$$ and ME. Remove those two and SGW would be a better place. But I don't see that happening, do you?

Well not really Turns as well is part of it.
CABAL
Forum Expert

Nimras wrote:
CABAL wrote:

Such as:

I lost the game btw.

Remove the $$$ = No more spawning resources out of no where = Less ATs from the unofficial market = No more random massings/pointless wars = Better community = More chance for newer players to stick around = SGW saved.
Remove the ME = No more/very few random massings = Wars that actually mean something = (Hopefully) More 'mature'? Community = More chance for newer players to stick around = SGW saved.

Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

and remove the MS techs

Also remove or atleast rework planets to something acceptable instead of the crap they are now.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Q Man
blarney stone

guys, all valid points, but have been discussed to death. try spamming jason until he does it. but leave this thread alone as it has a fresh idea, that will make the game more interesting and tactical which is always a bonus in my opinion.
I grew up on the street. No, not the hood, the Sesame Street.
[/size]
ImageImage
admin wrote:[23:50] * ~adminHere loves Q_Man
Buddha
Forum Irregular

CABAL wrote:
Nimras wrote:
CABAL wrote:

Such as:

I lost the game btw.

Remove the $$$ = No more spawning resources out of no where = Less ATs from the unofficial market = No more random massings/pointless wars = Better community = More chance for newer players to stick around = SGW saved.
Remove the ME = No more/very few random massings = Wars that actually mean something = (Hopefully) More 'mature'? Community = More chance for newer players to stick around = SGW saved.

Problem is ME is also bugged like crazy.

Maddog wrote:guys, all valid points, but have been discussed to death. try spamming The Don until he does it. but leave this thread alone as it has a fresh idea, that will make the game more interesting and tactical which is always a bonus in my opinion.

Actually its a idea i don't see should happen and as many other ideas should be kicked away.
Sarevok
Forum Addict

CABAL wrote:
Nimras wrote:1. Fixing Ascended server (yes it need fixing and badly)
Sounds like a good idea to me. Save server costs. Save constant reworkings of ascended.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=162732
Suggestions, Comments please :)
R8 wrote:TEAM WORK WILL BEAT $$ ANYDAY OF THE WEEK
angel wrote:Except the payday [-X
12agnar0k wrote:Also it's still not a war game, you have att/def weps yes, but you also have uu and UP, does this mean its a sex game, oh no, XRATEDSGW, THIS GAME IS PORN!
Ban Admin
<+CABAL> so adminHere, ever thought about playing SGW? :b
<~adminHere> cabal - i do :)
<+CABAL> :o
<+Sarevok> Cabal, look up Jtest ;)
<~adminHere> no -not jtest
<~adminHere> another :) i am a multi ;)
<+Sarevok> :O
* +CABAL screens
<+CABAL> :b
* +Sarevok Ban's Admin
Buddha
Forum Irregular

Sarevok wrote:
CABAL wrote:
Nimras wrote:1. Fixing Ascended server (yes it need fixing and badly)
Sounds like a good idea to me. Save server costs. Save constant reworkings of ascended.

Lol he haven't worked on Ascended for ages.

Descention wouldn't work part of main so no go.

Save Server cost? You do know all games are on same server and if you notice all games are using GATEWARS which means it is no extra cost to him. So that is a stupid idea to save servercost he would have to kill Gatewars entirely meaning GAME and Forum so thats never going to happen.

I say fix Ascended and let the few lazy people burn.
Sarevok
Forum Addict

On topic:
I'm not so sure about targeting MS directly is a good idea. For those with larger ones, won't they just target MS for the first 4-5 hits to take out the smaller one, then just flip to support troops, can clean up with the un-challangede advantage?
Though i'm all for giving the MS something else to do other then being able to take planets, and defend the home world, and attack another realm, all at the same time :?

Off Topic:
Nimras wrote:Descention wouldn't work part of main so no go.
Why wont it? What's the difference between removing someones defense on ascended, and doing it on main, and then being able to attack them directly? Heck, even keep the same personal power levels, since people can already get like 1T+ attacks on main, which is far larger then that on ascended for personal attack power.

Nimras wrote:Save Server cost? You do know all games are on same server and if you notice all games are using GATEWARS which means it is no extra cost to him. So that is a stupid idea to save servercost he would have to kill Gatewars entirely meaning GAME and Forum so thats never going to happen.
If that's true, then why when Main goes down does all the other server still work?

Nimras wrote:I say fix Ascended and let the few lazy people burn.
I don't have to log onto ascended cause of the way it is. Guess i'll burn for being lazy. Oh wait... I can't be de-ascended... oh well.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=162732
Suggestions, Comments please :)
R8 wrote:TEAM WORK WILL BEAT $$ ANYDAY OF THE WEEK
angel wrote:Except the payday [-X
12agnar0k wrote:Also it's still not a war game, you have att/def weps yes, but you also have uu and UP, does this mean its a sex game, oh no, XRATEDSGW, THIS GAME IS PORN!
Ban Admin
<+CABAL> so adminHere, ever thought about playing SGW? :b
<~adminHere> cabal - i do :)
<+CABAL> :o
<+Sarevok> Cabal, look up Jtest ;)
<~adminHere> no -not jtest
<~adminHere> another :) i am a multi ;)
<+Sarevok> :O
* +CABAL screens
<+CABAL> :b
* +Sarevok Ban's Admin
CABAL
Forum Expert

Add in the same LF/descension script from asc to main -> Have max LF and LF regeneration based on their def.

And just because the other 'games' are on the same domain, doesn't mean they're not on a different server...

Buddha
Forum Irregular

Sarevok wrote:On topic:
I'm not so sure about targeting MS directly is a good idea. For those with larger ones, won't they just target MS for the first 4-5 hits to take out the smaller one, then just flip to support troops, can clean up with the un-challangede advantage?
Though i'm all for giving the MS something else to do other then being able to take planets, and defend the home world, and attack another realm, all at the same time :?

Off Topic:
Nimras wrote:Descention wouldn't work part of main so no go.
Why wont it? What's the difference between removing someones defense on ascended, and doing it on main, and then being able to attack them directly? Heck, even keep the same personal power levels, since people can already get like 1T+ attacks on main, which is far larger then that on ascended for personal attack power.

Well if you remove ascended server then descention wouldn't work how can you descend someone who aren't ascended so no won't work come again.

Nimras wrote:Save Server cost? You do know all games are on same server and if you notice all games are using GATEWARS which means it is no extra cost to him. So that is a stupid idea to save servercost he would have to kill Gatewars entirely meaning GAME and Forum so thats never going to happen.
If that's true, then why when Main goes down does all the other server still work?

Well if his provider has the subs on more servers shoulnd't increase his cost it doesn't for me because i have noticed one of my sub domains are on another server my cost is the same so should be here.

Nimras wrote:I say fix Ascended and let the few lazy people burn.
I don't have to log onto ascended cause of the way it is. Guess i'll burn for being lazy. Oh wait... I can't be de-ascended... oh well.

I said fix ascended then your laziness will be a problem

CABAL wrote:Add in the same LF/descension script from asc to main -> Have max LF and LF regeneration based on their def.

And just because the other 'games' are on the same domain, doesn't mean they're not on a different server...

No But then you don't pay extra i don't so if Admin does then he should change provider.
megrim
Forum Grunt
Alliance: T I T A N S
ID: 1934826

Sorry been away for a bit and wow we really went well on a lot of topic's here . Its all cool thou (^_^)

Sarevok wrote:On topic:

Well I put that in as there must be some way to take out an oppositions MS and well if they've work on their MS that much to take out yours easily well then good for them.

Plus well then at least the person getting massed doesn't gets 4 - 5 hits without the MS adding to their atk and def .
So I definitely see this as better than well what it is now although will make massing much more difficult but heck without a challenge its boring right ?

Also note we can't really get rid of planets and MS's now (in my opinion) as way too many ppl have put in money in this game to improve them

Such as:

agreed with the Asceded server but then shouldn't that be disscussed in another thread lol but heck I don't really mind where it is discussed .

That will never happen, If you were a game creator would you kill off some of the income you get for creating this game ???
Plus that idea was to breach the gap between well players that want to catch up to players that have big accounts by spending some of their money.

Plus well he has set up the Black market trades

"Buy From Black Market
This is the official black market. It is called such, since the trades involve an external to game resource ($$). The trades, here, though - are of course guananteed to be delivered.
The market is restocked from the regular market monthly, with limits per player on each resource."

plus there's been a reduce on well AT's which will only benefit money players in the long run, but this was prob done to well slow down the game etc I'm not sure

also um Nimras if I'm on the wrong track here my bad man,
then I've completely misunderstood what you meant

Yeah thou's idea's are fine abt the income and planet arrangement
but yeah they aren't really necessary.

I actually feel that MS and planets need to improved cause in my opinion thing are unbalanced and therefore killing this game, plus I remember a few people are actually complaining about this thats why I'm trying to suggest this idea that will hopefully suit both the money players that have already sent a lot on their MS's and well give the non cash players a fighting chance

also

Nimras wrote:
Maddog wrote:guys, all valid points, but have been discussed to death. try spamming The Don until he does it. but leave this thread alone as it has a fresh idea, that will make the game more interesting and tactical which is always a bonus in my opinion.

Actually its a idea i don't see should happen and as many other ideas should be kicked away.

um can you please care to explain why this idea should be kicked away ?
look heck I'm just trying to come up with a solution.

*wonders where the other people are ? *

Return to “Suggestions Archive”