Fignuts...

for FORUM issues, complaints, requests, bugs, etc - - not game related...
~Vix~
Forum Elder
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: THE Forum Warrior
ID: 87619

Fignuts...

Ok, I see people are being warned and junk for saying the word Fignut. People are saying that you can't say it, this is a warning one more time and you get a proper warning... Now for people like myself, who are in an alliance called 'Fignuts', this is a big problem...

The word aint bad..

Its the name of our alliance

When some one, such a byrnes :-" says Fignuts in a recruitment thread, step back and think for a sec, did he want to insult, or was he suggesting the alliance -_-

If people are getting warnings for saying the word we have A BIG problem, cause sigs, lil alliance tag on forum, war threads and a possible recruitment thread are ALL about to have it on :/

Can a comprise be reached?
Forgotten Serenity wrote:Being massed, one will not consider massing back, but must mass back, since we will show no weakness. If one cannot comply, than he is not worth our Name... Forgotten Serenity
~Vix~
Forum Elder

Re: Fignuts...

*looks at Matt*
#-o

lets try this one again -_-
Forgotten Serenity wrote:Being massed, one will not consider massing back, but must mass back, since we will show no weakness. If one cannot comply, than he is not worth our Name... Forgotten Serenity
dastupy
Forum Addict
ID: 28870
Alternate name(s): Weltschmerz

Change alliance name? :roll:

If I would make an alliance and call it **Filtered** faggots and then go to the forum asking it to get unfiltered, do u think it'd work > :roll:

Spoiler
~Vix~
Forum Elder

Nope... making it a filtered word would be bad my special nic, something we didn't do...
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

~Vix~ wrote:Nope... making it a filtered word would be bad my special nic, something we didn't do...

What if I made an alliance called Niggers&Spics.

Would I be allowed to have that on the forum? Just askin' :-"
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
kojak
The Voice of Reason
Alliance: The Dark Dominuim
Race: Scottish
ID: 88279
Alternate name(s): Brucey

Fignuts is a derogitory term used in Jest What you came out with (If used in seriousness) would just be pure racism.
yofeehely
Forum Irregular
Race: Beer Lord
ID: 69853

Oh my god has the whole world turned in to tweety birds? Dead set, if something like FIGNUTS offends people (personally I laugh at it and I am quite sure 90% of people do!) what the heck is this world coming to...

I will NOT change our alliance name for the whims of sissy's... yes I said it.

The main instigator of this action against our name who I need not mention has used the word more than any of my alliance mates... and yet no warning has been issued to 'her'.

Should I remind everyone that we are not using the word against others... It is OUR choice to be joined under It!

So if you decide to filter the word well I guess on the forums we will be known as **Filtered**.... For a little while... Until we change our name to Masking.... then you will ban that... then we will change it to FIgNuTs.... ban it? Ok I can play this game all day! Masking

Thanks,
LUKE, A Masking
!
(Yes I have inferior intelligence, physical appearance, social skills and character)

Do you see me running for a mod!
Last edited by Guest on Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: masking
Q Man
blarney stone
ID: 0

yofeehely wrote:Oh my god has the whole world turned in to tweety birds? Dead set, if something like FIGNUTS offends people (personally I laugh at it and I am quite sure 90% of people do!) what the heck is this world coming to...

The main instigator of this action against our name who I need not mention has used the word more than any of my alliance mates... and yet no warning has been issued to 'her'.

Should I remind everyone that we are not using the word against others... It is OUR choice to be joined under It!

So if you decide to filter the word well I guess on the forums we will be known as **Filtered**.... For a little while... Until we change our name to Masking
.... then you will ban that... then we will change it to FIgNuTs.... ban it? Ok I can play this game all day! Masking

Thanks,
LUKE, A Masking

(Yes I have inferior intelligence, physical appearance, social skills and character)

actually no, you'd get warned for evading a filter, where it to be filtered.
but i can see both sides of this and i really do hope common sense prevails.

this should be based on context. as an alliance name, i see no problem, but if its used in insult, then sure it warrants a warning. but my opinion is swaying toward keeping it out of the filter.
I grew up on the street. No, not the hood, the Sesame Street.
[/size]
ImageImage
admin wrote:[23:50] * ~adminHere loves Q_Man
papa~smurf
Forum Addict
Alliance: fool killer
Race: human

fuall
fignuts
fuall
fignuts
fuall

hmmmmm ?
viewtopic.php?f=95&t=155656
been here ,got the t shirt
told ya it was hard to slice stuff 2 ways

now this is a bit of a pickle i think
but i am sure u can talk your way around, point to the rules (not sure which rule u point to but point) your way out of it
and they thought we did not need a user bill of rights lol

i know fignuts is not an acrom hmmmmmmmmm
Easy^ Rocks
yofeehely
Forum Irregular

Maddog wrote:
yofeehely wrote:Oh my god has the whole world turned in to tweety birds? Dead set, if something like FIGNUTS offends people (personally I laugh at it and I am quite sure 90% of people do!) what the heck is this world coming to...

So if you decide to filter the word well I guess on the forums we will be known as **Filtered**.... For a little while... Until we change our name to FIG-NUTS.... then you will ban that... then we will change it to FIgNuTs.... ban it? Ok I can play this game all day! FI-G-NU-TS, F*I*G*N*U*T*S...

Thanks,
LUKE, A FIGNUT!

actually no, you'd get warned for evading a filter, where it to be filtered.
but i can see both sides of this and i really do hope common sense prevails.

this should be based on context. as an alliance name, i see no problem, but if its used in insult, then sure it warrants a warning. but my opinion is swaying toward keeping it out of the filter.

Thanks Maddog/Papa,

I hope common sense prevails also. We have not used the word in reference to a person, EVER! And we never will.

Although if it does get banned I guess I'll be getting alot of warnings.

And you may as well ban words like Idiot, Jerk, Moron, Loser, Goose, Dumb, Ugly, Noob etc etc etc... as these all are much more direct insults that are used AT PEOPLE quite regularly on these forums and apparently certain people dont like words that even suggest these ones (i.e. FIGNUTS)!

So I guess the poor person who looks after word filters better get about 500000 jugs of coffee ready... Cuz it's going ot be a long night.
Jack
Evil Reincarnated

Niggers&Spics doesn't offend me, so does that mean I can use it as my alliance name?

yofeehely wrote:I will NOT change our alliance name for the whims of sissy's... yes I said it.

Who be you callin a sissy, princess? Image
yofeehely
Forum Irregular

Really productive/constructive reply there...

Congratulations on pointing out your lack of understanding regarding the use of words.

I am not even going to type the words you have writen but you honestly can not beleive that your words are the same as FIGNUTS?

FIGNUTS on It's own means NOTHING! This is what I find really funny! And when researched it means nothing more than Idiot, Moron, Ugly, Noob etc.... which we all use on a daily basis.

Your words however, well I am not even going to bother. We all know what they mean and their origins. Anyone comparing those words to FIGNUTS in my opinion is somewhat bizaar!

Oh no! Quick filter the word Bizaar!
Jack
Evil Reincarnated

I'm merely pointing out the flaws in your argument. Image
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

I'm fairly sure I've never read nor heard the word Fignuts before. I've heard fig, and nuts, but not Fignuts. Then again I'm not from the same hemisphere as the word seems to have originated from. I find no reason something like this, that is not profane cannot be used in jest. Used in a derogatory sense towards another person, personally, then it would be breaking at least one rule..

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
muffafuffin
Forum Elite
Race: Ori

i had assumed fignuts was like a food or something.

and so i did a search for it as well. and i the mentioned meaning for the word

"A derogatory term to describe someone of inferior intelligence, physical appearance, social skills or character"

on urban dictionary. honestly is that where we are getting our info now? on a website that says Dome means oral sex?

i mean honestly if we are going to deem things as bad lets make sure that our definitions and reasons are coming from a website that can be publicly altered :roll:
Last edited by muffafuffin on Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG
- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK

Koo'Keez The Tok'ra
Spoiler
Trade Feedback: http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=141353

Return to “Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES)”