Worse than Annahilation - Theft...

Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

Worse than Annahilation - Theft...

The following text is an extract of my account logs indicating crucial moments in the last week or so.

IP ACTION FROM ID - TO ID - AMOUNT - TIME

62.254.0.55 Supporter_GiveSoldier 5741 27738 99740 1136519483

88.107.164.2 Supporter_GiveSoldier 5741 4719 3000 1136515812

88.107.164.2 Supporter_GiveGold 5741 4719 207000000 1136515696
88.107.164.2 Supporter_GiveTurns 5741 4719 988 1136515680
88.107.164.2 sell_weapon 5741 0 300 defence weaponID 5 1136515635
88.107.164.2 sell_weapon 5741 0 253 attack weaponID 6 1136515630

62.254.0.55 Supporter_GiveSoldier 5741 42523 98000 1136513638

62.254.0.55 Supporter_GiveSoldier 5741 42523 99999 1136513472

62.254.0.55 Supporter_GiveSoldier 5741 42523 99999 1136513408

So what you're thinking... A few UU's put there, some naq and turns here.. all fine and perfect unless you were not online!

Someone has taken the cheap opportunistic liberty of extracting units from my account whilst having no right to do so. News on the grapevine is that the same thing has happened to other players...

Something you may find strange on closer examination of the logs is that Bahamut appears to receive Naquadah and Turns during the time when UU's are being taken. Strange - I'd never expect Bahamut to be a theif, not least with my account so therefore my only assumption is that the culprit has logged into my account and sent those in a bid to create confusion. And good job my thieving friend, it has.

During all this time, i've been out of the game - I returned to find nothing more than a couple of thousand UU's, no defense, no attack... nada, zilch...zero. I've been informed too, that there is some issue with a little thing called "proxy" of which I have very little clue about. The basic jist as i've been informed however, is that very little can be done at this point in time because the IP points back to me (yes i'm confused)

My IP according to http://www.whatismyip.com 81.178.235.193 ...

Just to reiterate - During the time these events took place - I was probably serving yet another stupid customer in my wonderful little job in the pub.. Choose to beleive me or not. I honestly don't care but I find it despicable that people are so low to take things from other players without their consent. Just as morals exist in the real world, i'd have hoped they existed here too.

And for those wondering were the units went...

First they went here User - God ][][][][][

Then they were distributed to the following accounts...

First Prime Elwood
God lost boys
General Random Task

I DID NOT WILLINGLY TRANSFER RESOURCES TO ANY OF THESE PLAYERS

Well all the best to you chaps - I hope you're happy...
Last edited by Quina Quen on Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
Bahamut
Forum Expert
Alliance: The AEON Kings
Race: SystemLord
ID: 1

well if those where tracked i think all they have should be transferd to your account
Kerrus Magrus
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

agreed, i've been on when someone got into my account, the only reason i stopped it was forums ip thing picked up the two different ip adresses logged into it and kicked both of us out, i logged back in and changed my pass.
cloned!
Forum Newbie

im almost sure the same thing just happened to me, there goes my anti covert. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
If you keep staring my sig might say something more interesting!
Avagon's Old Account
Forum Newbie

Re: Worse than Annahilation - Theft...

Red XIII wrote:An EK backlash perhaps...

Sorry that troops were taken from you but are you blaming EK for the theft? Why aren't you blaming the other people for the theft. Just because one of the people tracked were in an alliance you don't like?

If you're going to blame anyone, then blame everyone who got the benefit of the theft, not just one person. Keep in mind that you'd have to blame bahamut seeing how by your own admission he gained naqs.

According to Guyver, he thought you gave them to him for some unknown reason and he's willing to give them back plus interest for the whole confusion.

You say that Bahamut gained naqs from these trades but believe his part to be
Red XIII wrote: sent in a bid to create confusion
perhaps the people that were also sent your assets are enemies of the hacker and wish you to attack them or sway your attention towards them "in a bid to create confusion".

I'm not saying Bahamut had anything to do with this. But don't say "well he was listed but I know he wouldn't do that to me" and turn around and blame these other people listed along with an alliance one of them happens to be in. If it was an EK backlash, don't you think all your assets would have been sent there instead of one of their new members who has quit the alliance over this very issue?

You can't squeeze a lemon and make apple juice. Either they are all guilty or they are all innocent. Don't pick and choose just because you favor some over others.
Myseri
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Pond
Race: Goa'uld
ID: 15959

Thanks Red, you prove to me once again how you can be such an *editted*. The only realtion to EK you have form this is The_Guyver which has opennly said he hasn't done ANYTHING and would glady repay anything that was taken with interest. So STOP trying to blame this on EK. We have had members hacked too, don't get all snippy that it was just because you don't like us. Just report it to admin and he can check the stuff.

Plus by the way, I might like to add. That usually a hacker sends the resources to an enemy to make it look like they stole it so you attack their enemy instead of the person who actually did it.
Quina Quen
Forum Addict

I duly apologise to EK.. but when something like that happens.. you don't feel too damn happy about it - These things can be said on the spur of the moment. Guyver has send three PM's.. the jist of which indicates that he IS prepared to return those units - I am not blaming him - He has had the kind heart to inform me of his situation.

I'm still waiting for the other -edited lol- to return my UU's..

Thank you for your replies people...
buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

Ned any help lou, you know were i am....
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."
Quina Quen
Forum Addict

Thanks Phil...

-more people like him :roll: - you might find this place a lot more enjoyable-
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

oh goody, new targets! :-D
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
SSG EnterTheLion
The Mane Mod & God Emperor of the Tolah

Honours and Awards

Have u emailled admin about this Louis? it's a simple matter of seeing whose IP signed into your account and distributed the stuff.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote:yep sorry not a bug i.m a noob :-D
Apollo
Goa'uld Temptress
Race: Railway Stakes
ID: 1337

Red XIII wrote:Thanks Phil...

-more people like him :roll: - you might find this place a lot more enjoyable-

Yes I certainly enjoy it more when Phil is around........ :-D

*Hijacks the thread for a few seconds*
The Goa'uld Temptress has returned.
Quina Quen
Forum Addict

EnterTheLion wrote:Have u emailled admin about this Louis? it's a simple matter of seeing whose IP signed into your account and distributed the stuff.

I've emailed admin yep - The first post in this thread contains extracts from the logs he sent to me - take a look :roll:
raistlin majere
Forum Elite
Alliance: Withheld
Race: Nanotimaster
ID: 8675309

i also have a friend who recently woke up and logged in to find NO UU miners or spies on her account, its a shame really.
Psi Kiya Trist wrote:ZOMG IT"S RAI!!!

Return to “For Admin Archives”