July 29th 2010 -- look at all updates for balance/benefit

Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

July 29th 2010 -- look at all updates for balance/benefit

will decide then which get adjusted, and in what direction :)
the separate topics for the 'hot' updates are great...will go there for the details of peoples feedback on those particulars.
Don't make me use this!!!
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

Re: July 29th 2010 -- look at all updates for balance/benefit

Jason, Can I just say

ONE- God damnit! The Survey's.... First off, Half don't work for me anyways... and Second off Why? if you can't get your own damn naq don't play the game I know they give you money but damn dude advertise the game get life in and get payed...

Second- I'm DDE and i'll tell you straight up this house update stuff... Legit just put us even further ahead...

YOU WANT YOUR GAME TO CATCH UP

Damn make no restrictions on speed ascenions up until LG1... do a one week for LG1 through AG then make it two weeks.... let the newer people catch up a bit to the bigger people... Legit it's cheeper and so much faster to buy an account

We all know that you don't play aslong or aswell if it's not your real account

and 2ndly you want cash Why odn't you make trading of goods against the rules, there for people would have to buy from you, and it might keep dollar spenders alittle more at bay? i'm a resource seller and think that you should do this...
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

RoKeT wrote:and 2ndly you want cash Why odn't you make trading of goods against the rules, there for people would have to buy from you, and it might keep dollar spenders alittle more at bay? i'm a resource seller and think that you should do this...
What a ridiculously stupid idea. :roll:

No ingame trading? So the only way people can get large resources would be to spend $$ and you don't think this would prompt a lot of people to leave the game?

So people ascending would lose ALL their resources.

The $$ spenders would be the only ones to grow at a much faster rate.

Once again I say, what a ridiculously stupid idea.

:roll:
Image ImageImageImage
BenjaminMS
Tollan
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Balancer
ID: 1907529
Alternate name(s): TUHD (Bioware forums)
Location: Stuck between real life and the other end of a Stargate

Monitoring this thread.... notice in advance, please only discussion about the updates themselves as much as possible. Discussing things others have said are fine, as long as it stays enough on topic and not insulting...

On an next note.... Jason, it is sadly enough indeed that the game gets actually thrown more off-balance...
Also, although the updates certainly reached the goal of making massing harder, IMHO it is overdone now... even when you're at war and evenly scaled, massing costs are beyond nuts. It took me 1.5k AT to properly mass someone I was at war with and whoms def was at least 4x smaller then my attack... :shock: Not to mention the fact that I couldn't even AC yet... :shock:
Currently ingame known as BenMS

Goblin: "I like your boots."
Sorcerer: "That's because you don't have any. The emotion is called envy."
Spoiler
/smile at the green grass,
smile at the sun,
smile at the roses,
before they're gone/

BenjaminMS - 'A thief of roses'
[TL] Renegadze zegt:
yeah definately makes more sense you hitting
and I have no DMU as you keep robbing it
MERC 1 zegt:
shuld not leave it out
any way you cant prove nothing
[TL] Michael/BenjaminMS zegt:
meh Rene, just find a few 0-def farms with 300+ tril DMU out...
MERC 1 zegt:
cool you two take it then i will hit you
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

Clarkey wrote:
RoKeT wrote:and 2ndly you want cash Why odn't you make trading of goods against the rules, there for people would have to buy from you, and it might keep dollar spenders alittle more at bay? i'm a resource seller and think that you should do this...
What a ridiculously stupid idea. :roll:

No ingame trading? So the only way people can get large resources would be to spend $$ and you don't think this would prompt a lot of people to leave the game?

So people ascending would lose ALL their resources.

The $$ spenders would be the only ones to grow at a much faster rate.

Once again I say, what a ridiculously stupid idea.

:roll:

I didn't mean that I meant, no trading for money outside the game, make it against the rules, like I can't be like on the forums, oh I have 5trill for sale for 5 bucks get rid of that section and make it not allowed... people might do it, but they wouldn't have the forums to do it at, it would stop alot... and it would lower the dollar spenders down a bit...
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
odji nsu
Forum Expert

I got to agree that the house update has very much tiped the scale to those who had big stuff now have bigger and are becoming untouchable

I am and have been one of the best online massers in this game, I have played a little over 2 years i have poured many many many hours into this game,every day,spent hardly no money with resource sellers, i have spent a few hundred to you Jason In turns and occasional naq with turns, But your updates to making massing so hard has made all my work turn to crapt, I cant afford it. You have made the game more for the cash spenders, I do understand business is business but did you need money that bad that you runn us true hard working player away from the game
But do to It being impossible to mass with out nox stopping you and the cost, It is no longer a war game, and Is no longer enjoyable, So if it stays the way It is after my personal war, I will be quieting, No reason to stay,cant war so why play, and Im not the only one who feels this way

Sorry to ask in here but is there another SGW game that is like the old one I can go play now??????
Rottenking
Forum Expert
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 82082

I agree, I have done surveys and followed what they said and got nothing
If you cannot convince them, confuse them.
- Harry S Truman
dark lord tacoma
Forum Elite
Alliance: ROT
Race: System Lord
ID: 1991753
Alternate name(s): *~Thoth~

i would say sabatargeing has become to powerfull as manny peoples opinions are that massing with ats is to expencive compared with how cheap sabbing is thus meaning that the new stronger deffs are no use as they will just be sabbed

;on the plus side i do like the stronger deffs makes you have to actualy work to take somone down :-D

;on the minus side the deffs are usless when the can be sabbed so easly :(

and finaly on the unknown side #
; is it possable to battle a online foe sucksesfully any more as that used to be what proved you had skill :?
"Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game."
Winston Churchill
Tek wrote: Your're attempting to gain a steady footing, on a moral highground made of rice pudding.

You have started playing at 15:46:39 on 29. August 2008
Eärendil wrote:I am going to mass them all
EbilCC
Forum Addict

all i can say is houses do make people strong stronger perhaps every empire should have some bonus not in stats but PPT etc ?

2nd massing harder =good but just need to make it a little easier its just too high but dont adjust it too far :-D

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
Sammael
Alteran
ID: 36867
Alternate name(s): Sammael

Yep i like everything but the sabbing, all there is sabotage now theres now real massing anymore its cheeper to do it that way and to be quite honest its stupid people want to ascended but dont wont to spend trillions on covert levels to protect there def, (level 35 min to get a good standing)

thats all mate.
~ Sammael The UnKnown of the ORI ~

~ The Tank ~

War Never Changes, Just The People Who Fight It
In The Service of Nemesis Empire
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MaxSterling
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Dark Dominium
ID: 83707
Alternate name(s): Naq Daddy, The guy that just stole your naq.

Attack/Defense values doubling - still fail to see the purpose of that. I think it was pointless and unnecessary.

Covert 1/5th previous value - as long as it was proportional, that's fine. No issue.

Alliance Houses - still don't like them and think this is the worst update to date.
Doubling attack/defense values + more bonuses = overkill

Increased minimum to attack raised to 35% - Excellent update. Perhaps raise it even higher?

MS will not engage in case of slaughter - excellent update to keep people from massing MS with nothing else to lose.

15% minimum fleet power to attack planets - excellent update. Still ridiculous that 15% of a planet defense can destroy a planet's entire defense.

Other planet updates - Good that one player cannot be completely stripped of 10 planets within minutes and only recover 1. At least the loss ratio is better.

3AT minimum - not fond of this update with all the higher costs involved. In combination with the other updates, this is just overkill.

New Sabotage - Awesome update. If anything it requires players to build stats in order to defend their account now. One thing I don't understand is why regular nox recovers 10 or 20% of available attacks every turn change, but covert nox recovers way too slowly. If nox do not consider outgoing sabs as hostile, then why incoming? You are not harming humans, you're harming weapons.

Spying costs nothing - Excellent.

Cosmetic changes - Very nice. Splanations are way too long winded. Post values or % and what it's for.

Surveys for naq - I know this was meant to help non $ spenders, but since $ may use them as well, it doesn't help people gain any ground.

Pergatory... - Still believe it belongs with a power cap as well... or complete removal.

War Experience - raiders got screwed. Wish true values were used to start us off instead of the double valued screwup.

MT and ATs - 5 merlins is nice. Increase in ATs is a step in the right direction with increased costs.

Autowar - Good addition.

Weapons - Costs are fine. Weapon damage being halved + affected by realm alert was overkill. I still think weapon damage should only be affected by realm alert and not overall halved. If you're on alert, you're prepared. If you're not on alert, then you're not prepared.

Alliance Bank Gifts - PPT was overkill on gifts. When you consider how long we had to wait for a use on alliance bank, I think the bank increases even out over time Perhaps should have been more expensive?
Last edited by MaxSterling on Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Teague
Forum Addict
Alliance: None
Race: Pirate

I think the updates are crap.

This game has gone down hill.

This isnt what it once use to be what happened to the stargate stuff and that.

Your just destroying the game completly.

Also made one of my enemies stronger once the updates came out what which they destroyed my account thanks to you.

So yes i think they are a waste of time.
ImageImageImage
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate- LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG
- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
EPIC Quote's
zeekomkommer wrote: i'm realy not an agressive masser :lol:
Mikgamer
Forum Regular
Alliance: Leaf Leaderz
Race: lulz

No arguments against the updates. It is all about the overall picture people.

Max, the only disagreements I have to the first well thought out post so far in this topic is about your first and last comments.

Att/Def doubling if anything took away part of the huge advantage that some had using planets to make super losses virtually nil.

UU raided ME: It is true that since naq ME is back to the original value I do not see why admin kept UU halved, but name more than five people who have tons of UU raided off of mainly active players and I will join you in raising that back up also.

Spoiler
2011 - Diplomatic Alliance of the Year (Leaf Village)
2010 - War of the Year (The Legion vs. MaYHeM/ChAoS)
2009 - Noob moment of the year runner up: Clarkey's Breakdown (involved deleting my account lulz)
MaxSterling
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Dark Dominium
ID: 83707
Alternate name(s): Naq Daddy, The guy that just stole your naq.

In all honesty, the best improvement is the losses. If someone attacks with the minimum strike needed, they should suffer severe losses. Too many people had it way too easy to mass a defense before. 35% power of the defense should be wiped out well before the defense falls and that's something this game has been lacking.

Also the fact sabbing is so much more powerful forces players to stop just building one stat. It requires them to build covert to prevent sabbing and a defense to protect those spies. When people realize this, they'll either quit because they don't know how to play or they'll conform.

If there is one thing that may need fixing, it may be how long the weapons last. The troop loss ratio is great, but there needs to be some happy medium between the way it was and how it currently is.

Mikgamer wrote:Max, the only disagreements I have to the first well thought out post so far in this topic is about your first and last comments.

Att/Def doubling if anything took away part of the huge advantage that some had using planets to make super losses virtually nil.

UU raided ME: It is true that since naq ME is back to the original value I do not see why admin kept UU halved, but name more than five people who have tons of UU raided off of mainly active players and I will join you in raising that back up also.

For the att/def doubling, your argument is backwards. They now require half as many supers to get the power needed for full benefit of their planet. I think fixing the planet "feature" helped take care of the people training so few supers.

As for UU raided ME, I have over 600m actual ( not doubled count ) UU raided and I know that most of that is from actual massing of defenses to get at. Most of my best raid hits are against the people that "think" they built an actual defense... but that's just me. I've long believed that raiding is now a waste of my ATs anyways. While it's true many top raiders probably hit only inactives, I'm thinking more of the time involved to raid that many UU. For that reason, I think those people should be compensated more than they currently are.
Last edited by MaxSterling on Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
odji nsu
Forum Expert

Max max ,, lol,,
The Covert Is BS With the cost of covert all it has done has handed the game to who ever buys enough naq to have the highest covert level, Or the person who plays all of there awake hours on the game. (been that person)

And another thing, Why the Hell should it take For ever to mass someones defense,, The war setting Hell Yeah that to me is going to make actually live battling fun But the Idea some one can just sit there and do nothing and you can never defeat there defense by what made this game great, Massing Has just changed the game totally a different game. And to be honest that takes away the whole reason I played It was bad enough someone could ride nox all day and never lose there defense, Now they have 3 hour breaks they can take between while they ride.

You want to do something, If you use 240 ats in a day period against anyone nox wont work but to the minimum degree, Then you have fixed some problems with this damn game, lol

Return to “For Admin Archives”